• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/23/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones Elwood:  Joe Kwisz

Parke Heritage High School  

Mascot:  Wolves

Colors:  Black,Sliver,White

School Song:  Be announced shortly

Just some FYI:  They took the school colors to remain neutral to both schools.  They wanted a fresh start for everyone to the August 2018 school year.  The Rockville and Turkey Run mascots will both disappear at the high schools.  Both elementary will keep the Turkey Run Warriors and Rockville Rox names to honor the past.  Understandably old thoughts,  traditions, beliefs die hard, but one must remember this decision wasn't made for athletics it was made for school finances.   Turkey Run is the sounder financial school of the 2, but losing enrollment rapidly and struggling to stay open while Rockville has more students and larger tax base but in extremely bad financial shape - to the point that State basically said find a way to consolidate or become state run.  When that happens you lose all local decisions and power which in the end means state forced consodidation anyway.   One must also emphasize the impact of the Mitch Daniels legislative Era for small schools  (not to make this a political speech in anyway) when he wanted smaller school corporations to cut operating costs and consodidate into school  corporations (not schools) around the size of 1500 to 2000 so he/legislature took away the Small School state loans and money that schools their size gets (pretty much all WRC schools get) which both schools relied on heavily to operate day to day.  I can remember him talking about repeatedly in town hall meetings locally how come Vigo County has 3 large schools and one corporation but Parke has 3 separate school corp and Putnam has 4 separate school corporations.  I was told their will be a new head football and basketball coach with no connections to either school again the starting fresh with no advantages to either school.    These will be in demand jobs due to the athletes both schools have currently (girls and boys) and them being "grandfathered" into class 1a until the next realignment comes out in a few years.  Sorry for the long post................

Fascinating stuff about the new school coming. My concerns would be, where are they going to come up with the $$ and positions for all these new head coaches?  And why stop with football and boys basketball?  Wouldn’t you have to have new coaches in all the sports to be equal and fair?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAE said:

Parke Heritage High School  

Mascot:  Wolves

Colors:  Black,Sliver,White

School Song:  Be announced shortly

Just some FYI:  They took the school colors to remain neutral to both schools.  They wanted a fresh start for everyone to the August 2018 school year.  The Rockville and Turkey Run mascots will both disappear at the high schools.  Both elementary will keep the Turkey Run Warriors and Rockville Rox names to honor the past.  Understandably old thoughts,  traditions, beliefs die hard, but one must remember this decision wasn't made for athletics it was made for school finances.   Turkey Run is the sounder financial school of the 2, but losing enrollment rapidly and struggling to stay open while Rockville has more students and larger tax base but in extremely bad financial shape - to the point that State basically said find a way to consolidate or become state run.  When that happens you lose all local decisions and power which in the end means state forced consodidation anyway.   One must also emphasize the impact of the Mitch Daniels legislative Era for small schools  (not to make this a political speech in anyway) when he wanted smaller school corporations to cut operating costs and consodidate into school  corporations (not schools) around the size of 1500 to 2000 so he/legislature took away the Small School state loans and money that schools their size gets (pretty much all WRC schools get) which both schools relied on heavily to operate day to day.  I can remember him talking about repeatedly in town hall meetings locally how come Vigo County has 3 large schools and one corporation but Parke has 3 separate school corp and Putnam has 4 separate school corporations.  I was told their will be a new head football and basketball coach with no connections to either school again the starting fresh with no advantages to either school.    These will be in demand jobs due to the athletes both schools have currently (girls and boys) and them being "grandfathered" into class 1a until the next realignment comes out in a few years.  Sorry for the long post................

Shills are up this morning.

I was under the impression that the new song was yet to be written and wasn't expected before Spring, at least according to what's been publicly released by NCPCSC.

Since you seem to have some professional connection to this, may I ask how TR Middle School is going to rebrand seeing as how it's all one building with TRES?

Rhetorical Question, but how is blowing well over six figures on this crappy Band-aid about saving money.  Actually, as near as I can figure, the cost savings will be $100K in ECA/Coach salaries minus $25K for increased cost due to interschool busing.  So Joe Taxpayer isn't going to break even on this for an Olympiad.  Of course dumping over a million in the TR building that they probably wont be using in 15-20yrs doesn't sound great to me, either.

I think you may be getting your timelines confused.  Whatever financial issues Rockville had has been gone for half a decade. That's when TR managed to leverage their decision not to spend money on anything into getting half the school board seats with only 35-40% of the population. 

They should have let the State come in.  Look at how they made it rain at Riverton, who now holds as high of rating as Rockville and higher than TR.

Why does Dr. Rohr keep bringing up that Ball State study that says you need 2000 kids in the district?  I mean he's gotta know that they are never going to hit that number in Parke County unless their is ONE school district.  Corporation size doesn't matter for High Schools or Rebranding. Why bring it up?

If everyone sticks to their threats and transfers out, PHHS (so lame) will stay a 1A school.  If everyone goes along with it, welcome to 2A in the 2019 season, where the WRC will be as hard as always, and an annual beatdown by the IHSAA's choice of Putnam and Montgomery County consolidates schools awaits.

EDIT: Got sloppy at the end, there.

Edited by FLP_NDRox

1 hour ago, DAE said:

Understandably old thoughts,  traditions, beliefs die hard

Which is why they are purposely throwing out anything having to do with the old stuff.  Except when they could not or would not come up with a name they could get consensus on they had to go with "Parke Heritage"?  SMH.  Because this entire process has been nothing if not a repudiation of all of the traditions. 

You're almost as bad as our principal who keeps liking all the stuff he's responsible for on this on Facebook during the seeking ideas portion.  Aiya.

On a side note, wolf blankets have been flying off the racks this year at the Covered Bridge Festival. It's Thursday and it's almost a sell-out. I figure this has to be due to the new Heritage Parke mascot choice. I just wish wolves fans would think of the little kids and leave a few wolf blankets for them.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Who will hire all the coaches for the new school and when will they do that?  Do they have a timeline in place for that?  If they’re hiring new football and basketball coaches, have the current coaches in those sports been told they won’t be coaching going forward?  Sounds like a lot of stuff going on there!

26 minutes ago, OldSage said:

Who will hire all the coaches for the new school and when will they do that?  Do they have a timeline in place for that?  If they’re hiring new football and basketball coaches, have the current coaches in those sports been told they won’t be coaching going forward?  Sounds like a lot of stuff going on there!

I was wondering the same. I'd think it would be quite the kick in the nuts to be unable to coach in the consolidation just because you're a current coach. Especially if you're employed in the district and will continue to be so. 

• Like 1

I have been on the chain gang at rockville high school for nearly 2 decades. There is more coaching going on right now than I have ever seen. I feel batty has a great young staff of his former players that are working extremely hard  (DO YOU THINK KING WOULD HAVE LEFT IF HE BEIIEVED THE TALENT COMING UP WAS GONNA KEEP RHS AT THE TOP) 

I have stuck up for batty and his staff earlier this year. I am retired now and walk early in the mornings or late at night. I have seen batty and his staff at the school at 4 am, Sunday's, and late in the evening. 

I stand whete the players exit normally prior to games and counted 11 kids injured. Including your starting qb and best receiver. 

I dont know much about the TR staff. I'm not sure how anyone would consider them superior for beating RHS once in a 14 year time. But I'm sure they are nice guys. Boy were they excited after their win vs RHS. crying and all. 

I saw saw one of the asst coaches at the local grocery store a few weeks back and we talked football. I asked if he knew if they would be coaching or not next year and he said he sure hoped so and they'd love the opportunity. He never mentioned new coaches so I don't believe that's a true statement  

I dont think youd you'd have to worry about them being bias towards "TR kids". I have watched batty coach for many years and his assistants all play. They want to win. 

Good luck rox  get you a w in win column 

Wonder if if I'll still be able to be on chain gang with new coaches......????  Time will tell......!!!!

• Like 1

Mostly hear say, but who knows. 

First I would hope that the schools would not be geting rid of the current coaches that each school has. Batty has been with the program for a long time now and should be giving the opportunity to continue to coach. As far as the assistants, they are a young group that are passionate about the game and have had a lot of success on the field also. They can say they have been there done that.

As for Turkey Run not sure if it’s true or not, but heard they had no one interested in the job and that the coach was pretty much appointed to the position. Don’t know much about their assistants but I’m sure they have knowledge of the game. 

I believe some coaches from both schools would be happy to work together to build a successful program. The key is to make sure you have coaches that want to be there to help the athletes improve as football players and young men. Sometimes we see where everyone wants to coach but show up one or two days a week to practice and that’s it. 

I cant see the board (turkey run majority) voting to get rid of Batty by using the excuse of his record isn’t good. They would need to look at both programs over the last 20 yrs and compare. Nobody would want to look like a hypocrite.

They would have to replace all current coaches in all sports or they could be opening a can of worms. 

Now football. I think North V, FC, Seeger and Rockville will come out on top this weekend. Bad thing is who ever pulls out the sectional probably will be done at regionals as the WRC is down this year! Everyone play hard and be safe. 

Looks like a dandy evening for football tomorrow night. 

I gotta go with the chalk this weekend...Attica, FC, TRUN and RP. 

I'm definitely not ready to write off the 47 winner at regionals. Yes the likely team to be on the other side is very good and will be favored without a doubt. But you've got a couple of 47 front runners with excellent coaching staffs and players. 

On 10/18/2017 at 8:28 PM, Joe Kane said:

Two schools in Illinois were/are in a similar situation, Catlin and Jamaica. They were consolidated strictly for sports for many years, but recently had both districts consolidate for school. They are black, silver, and white and called Salt Fork Storm; after the SF River that runs between the towns. They, too, had to choose those colors to not show any favoritism and also had to banish both prior mascots, Wolverines and Cardinals. 

I take it by your post that Batty is going to be the coach on the consolidation?

Also, and I ask in all honesty, as I have zero dog in this race....what do you, or have you, proposed for the mascot? Rox Man be murdered? What about the Warrior on the other hand? Would he be incorporated somehow if Rox Man was kept around? If you feel Rox Man holds the candle here, and the townspeople should be lobbying for him to stay, what makes you feel that way; outside of you simply being a Rockville person? 

The only people I communicate with from that area give me the "Because TR is a chit-hole" etc....so I'm asking in hopes for maybe some actual input. 

How about Turkeyville Amish buggies

14 hours ago, 1adam12 said:

I'm definitely not ready to write off the 47 winner at regionals. Yes the likely team to be on the other side is very good and will be favored without a doubt. But you've got a couple of 47 front runners with excellent coaching staffs and players. 

I said over the summer that the WRC champ would be all that gets accomplished this year, unless an all WRC Sectional was drawn. Well, not only did the WRC get bunched, but I also think it got the most favorable draw to compete for Regional. The least amount of overall talent top to bottom in the conference may get a few trophies this postseason. I'm pulling for whoever to at least make the final four!

Edited by Joe Kane
Typo