• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
DrivenT

Congratulations Conference Champions - What is your reward?

Wouldn't you like to see these great conference champions rewarded for fighting the hard fought battle and winning their local conference championship?

At the very least, how about a guaranteed first round home playoff game as recognition for this accomplishment?  

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS
TEAMS THAT CLINCHED AT LEAST A TIE FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
OUTRIGHT CHAMPIONS IN BOLD

Allen County Adams Central 6-0
Big Eight Vincennes Lincoln 6-0
Central Indiana Eastbrook 7-0
Circle City Indianapolis Roncalli 3-0
Conference Indiana Franklin Central 7-0
Duneland Valparaiso 6-1
Eastern Indiana (3A) Lawrenceburg 3-0
Eastern Indiana (4A) East Central 3-0
Great Lakes Hammond Morton 4-0
Greater South Shore (North) Whiting 5-1
Greater South Shore (South) Griffith 7-0
Hoosier West Lafayette  4-0
Hoosier Crossroads Avon 5-1
  Brownsburg 5-1
  Fishers 5-1
Hoosier Heartland Sheridan 6-0
Hoosier Heritage New Palestine 7-0
Hoosier Hills Columbus East 7-0
Hoosier North Pioneer 7-0
Indiana Crossroads Indianapolis Scecina 7-0
Metropolitan Ben Davis 7-0
Mid-Indiana Football Milan 5-0
Mid-Southern North Harrison 8-0
Mid-State Decatur Central 6-0
Midwest Tri-County 4-0
Northeast Corner (Big) Angola 4-0
Northeast Corner (Small) Churubusco 3-1
  Central Noble 3-1
  Eastside 3-1
Northeast 8 New Haven 6-1
  East Noble 6-1
  Leo 6-1
Northern Indiana (North) Penn 5-0
Northern Indiana (South) New Prairie 6-0
Northern Lakes Northridge 7-0
Northwest Crossroads Lowell 5-0
Patoka Lake Paoli 5-0
Pocket Gibson Southern 7-0
Sagamore Danville 7-0
Southern Indiana Evansville Central 6-1
  Evansville Memorial 6-1
  Evansville Reitz 6-1
Southwest Eastern Greene 4-0
Summit Fort Wayne Snider 8-0
Three Rivers Southwood  3-1
Tri-Eastern Hagerstown 7-0
Wabash River Fountain Central 7-1
  South Vermillion 7-1
Western Indiana Sullivan  5-0
 Won division playoff

Yeah.......How about a trip to DQ payed by the other conference teams as well.  Yeah.......I am bored,  what else can we do.  Teams that finished last should be shelved for a full season.    This is a hell of a topic..... You should charge for your opinion.  Yeah.... Just imagine the money you can make. Yeah..... Let's ridicule anyone who disagrees with us.  Yeah.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

I think it's having someone from another school do a 180 and become a ardent proponent on a thread about a game from another conference that happened 2 days ago...

Least we have a tourney. There was a time when 10 games and it was over.  And compared to the ages of  lot of folks on here it was't that long ago.   One has to wonder what the mindset was. When other sports have had tourneys like basketball i think they had a tourney in the 1910's  why didn't football have a tourney till the 70's ? Got to wonder. ..... . .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Least we have a tourney. There was a time when 10 games and it was over.  And compared to the ages of  lot of folks on here it was't that long ago.   One has to wonder what the mindset was. When other sports have had tourneys like basketball i think they had a tourney in the 1910's  why didn't football have a tourney till the 70's ? Got to wonder. ..... . .

Imagine how much that impacted the development of athletic programs across Indiana, as well as the small-town cultures. 

• Like 1

The math in Indiana works perfectly for the 9 game reg season plus tournament.  

Imagine if Indiana were to lose 10% of its football playing schools over the next decade due to the current challenges facing the game.  Thats only a drop of 32 schools.  Could happen.  I believe there are 419 high schools in Indiana.  101 have already decided not to play football.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DanteEstonia said:

Imagine how much that impacted the development of athletic programs across Indiana, as well as the small-town cultures. 

Undoubtedly across the board its impact was felt i exponentially . For football people the excitement that was generated generated from a tournament  no doubt influenced others that surrounded them .  Not sure when every sport got their own tourney .

What is your reward for a conference championship?

FREE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP T-SHIRTS!!!

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

What is your reward for a conference championship?

FREE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP T-SHIRTS!!!

Unless you go to 1A Pioneer, where the shirts were deemed to expensive to be payed for by the school. 

• Sad 2

You win a cookie | VERY GOOD YOU WIN A COOKIE | image tagged in rickles cookie | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Edited by Lysander
  • Upvote 1

Gawd I love "Kelly's Heroes"....and Don Rickles.

Edited by Lysander

3 hours ago, Farmer Fran said:

Unless you go to 1A Pioneer, where the shirts were deemed to expensive to be payed for by the school. 

Those gate revenues from football have to pay for the other extracurricular athletic activities.  T-shirts for the football team or equipment repair/new uniforms/etc. for the Track & Field team?

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Those gate revenues from football have to pay for the other extracurricular athletic activities.  T-shirts for the football team or equipment repair/new uniforms/etc. for the Track & Field team?

T-shirts 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Those gate revenues from football have to pay for the other extracurricular athletic activities.

Why?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Why?

Isn't that how most athletic departments function, from middle to high school to universities?   The actual profit making extracurricular activities heavily subsidize most of the others that do not turn a profit.

9 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I think Indiana was one of the last states to begin a football playoff tourney due to basketball. They didn't want football to take the focus off basketball. This resulted in downgrading football at the high school level and it carried over into college programs as well and we still see the effects today. Indiana has nearly a quarter of the high schools that don't even play football. In Georgia even tiny private schools with fewer than 100 students play football. 

• Like 2

Just now, Muda69 said:

Isn't that how most athletic departments function, from middle to high school to universities?   The actual profit making extracurricular activities heavily subsidize most of the others that do not turn a profit.

From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lysander said:

From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs?

Is that how the Chatard AD runs his department?

Conference Championship patch for letter jacket.

Bragging rights for a year

Lifetime of pride

Year on Conference Championship Banner

$10.00 T-Shirt that you have to buy.

Conference Championship Metal

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Is that how the Chatard AD runs his department?

Don't know.  He was a track teammate in college...when I last talked to him a week or so ago he wasn't a Marxist.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Don't know.  He was a track teammate in college...when I last talked to him a week or so ago he wasn't a Marxist.

Going to need you to help me clean up the coffee from my desk

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lysander said:

How do you believe high school extracurricular athletic programs should be financed?  

9 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

When did baseball start a tourney?

1967, although there was a tournament in 1916.

I attended a football game on Friday in Harbor Springs, MI.  Went there to see what true small school football looks like.  Gaylord St Mary's is the smallest school in the state to field an 11 man team. 86 students in the school. They had about 25 on their roster. Their fans said that they also field a JV team. In Michigan some of the smaller schools are playing 8 man.