• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street

Alex @ Elwood

Lapel @Winchester

Frankton @ Madison Grant

Northeastern @ Shenandoah 

It looks like it's going to be a Lapel vs. Shenandoah (8SEP2017) rematch for the sectional championship game according to Sagarin ratings and other educated guesses on John Harrell's website.

Does Northeastern have a puncher's chance against Shenandoah?

Did Lapel purposely run a vanilla offense when they played Shenandoah the first time or are the Raiders just that much better?

Winchester, Northeastern, Shenandoah, Lapel folks how do you see the games unfolding?

Let's try to drum up some sectional 36 conversation...............

Edited by franktonite4life
clarity

Lapel had something like 5 or 6 turnovers when they played Shenandoah. At one point in the 1st quarter they had a turnover on at least three straight possessions and Shenandoah capitalized on each of those. Lapel is better than the score indicated. I mean they beat Adams Central who beat Woodlan. If they play against one another in the sectional championship, it'll be a closer game. 

Everyone has a chance when it comes to sectional time. Games are a tossup when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Northeastern has a solid defense and a run game that can wear a team down. It's going to be a fun game if you love the a ground and pound type offense. 

I also believe it will be shenendoah vs lapel. Shenendoahs q.b. (soph) has a year under him now he is pretty decent. The only upset i see would be Alexandria beating Lapel. Lapel is pretty weak against the pass. Problem is Alexandria does not play their best athletes on offense. Their best receiver is defense only. So If Alex gets by Elwood they will have to throw 50+ passes

On paper you have to go with Shenandoah and Lapel to get to the finals.  I would give the edge to Lapel.  I know that Doah beat them earlier in season. I just don't see them making as many mistakes as they did the first meeting.  Then the Dark Horses are Alexandria and Frankton.  Both would have to play the games of their season to win it all.

giant i agree lapel will make it a more competitive game. just not sure they can do it. may come down to last score.

frankton will have their problems with doah losing one of their top 3 players.

I heard Alex has a kid that has played only defense and returns punts? verneeti? saw some highlights on hudl he has some incredible hands! why would they not use him on offense? per highlights he would be their 1 or 2 best. maybe cause he is young? 

51 minutes ago, wcfields said:

giant i agree lapel will make it a more competitive game. just not sure they can do it. may come down to last score.

frankton will have their problems with doah losing one of their top 3 players.

I heard Alex has a kid that has played only defense and returns punts? verneeti? saw some highlights on hudl he has some incredible hands! why would they not use him on offense? per highlights he would be their 1 or 2 best. maybe cause he is young? 

#24 is a good athlete! Not sure why they wouldn't use him on offense. Sophomore I think.

from what I saw of alex their wr's looked decent.  good hands, good size, a couple with decent speed not sure that defensive kid would make an impact, maybe yes maybe no.  sounds like an angry parent complaining to me, maybe somebody will feel sorry for you.  i didn't see anybody on alex that had the talent of eastbrook or ole miss best players, on either side of the ball. i didn't see any game breakers that weren't being used.  they were average when i saw them play frankton.  offense was bad that game, secondary got burned and couldn't tackle, made some mistakes on special teams.   

lapel is pretty good I saw them week 2 put a hurting on frankton.  I think if lapel and the raiders play again it will be a different story, but i think the raiders take home the hardware.

Burnt I am the parent. I don't care if he plays offense this year or not! He is still growing as a young man and athlete. You are one of reasons I don't get on here anymore. He will get his turn! Do they play their best NO but we can all second guess everyone's coaching ideas. I know people question mine. Alexandria will get better each of the next 2 years. They have a solid soph and fresh class.

i seen alex play once, my point was they had some nice looking kids that played but i didn't see anybody that would have changed the game.  i'm sure your boy is a good player, but i'm sure all parents think their boy is good.  frankton is gonna be in trouble next year unless they get some boys out for football.  they lose lots of talent on both sides of the ball.  the team i think that could come out of nowhere next year is oak hill.  seen them play once this year and they have some things to build on with a decent jv team.  

Burnt I agree with you. I coached the 8th grade Alexandria team last year. Frankton and MG need to get some your players to either step up or move in. I played subs most of both games and neither was close. Oak hill's soph class is ok but freshman class is decent. Eastbrook has some talent coming up. Blackford's soph class is good freshman class is average. Elwood decent freshman class if they can keep them healthy and out of trouble. Mississinewa has the most talent coming over the next few years.

As for my son he has a lot to work on! 

12 minutes ago, burntorange said:

i seen alex play once, my point was they had some nice looking kids that played but i didn't see anybody that would have changed the game.  i'm sure your boy is a good player, but i'm sure all parents think their boy is good.  frankton is gonna be in trouble next year unless they get some boys out for football.  they lose lots of talent on both sides of the ball.  the team i think that could come out of nowhere next year is oak hill.  seen them play once this year and they have some things to build on with a decent jv team.  

Totally agree with FHS assessment for next year.  Looking at current Junior class on Eagles roster, 12ish total and only 2-3 of them will be returning OL/DL and let's just say out of the entire sophomore class, I haven't seen any of their names in the paper this season.  Probably going to need a little more talent to come out for football if they want to be relevant next season, time will tell.

I heard frankton has some good up and coming youth talent.  i seen some old friends from town and they told me the youth leagues has some good talent.  speed, size, abilty.  so if they can hold on a few years i think they might be back to having good teams again but it might be later in a few years.  i was also told mg had great youth talent coming up and a kid that could do it all so the future could be bright.  havn't heard about alex except that mg beat up their youth pretty good but that don't mean much because mg is good.  im not sure if elwood still plays youth or not or if its a big deal or not there.  haven't heard anything.

Ole miss over Frankfort.  This game will be closer them most think.

Elwood over Alexandria. Panthers have 2 wins under their belts. First game was close. Elwood in a nail biter.

Frankton over MG.  Question is does frankton leave starters in to pile on the stats or rest them for the Raiders.

Oak Hill over delphi. OH plays a tougher schedule so I'm gonna go with the Eagles. 

Northwestern over Blackford.  Northwestern plays some solid teams and will be to much for the Bruins.  Blackford had a successful season. 

Eastbrook over Eastern.  Panthers win big and rest starters for the long trip to Rensselaer 

Good luck to all cic teams

Shenandoah beat Northeastern 60-8 

I heard Winchester gave Lapel fits, was winning at halftime and into the 3rd quarter before Lapel pulled away. Is that right? 

57 minutes ago, jfries said:

Shenandoah beat Northeastern 60-8 

I heard Winchester gave Lapel fits, was winning at halftime and into the 3rd quarter before Lapel pulled away. Is that right? 

Lapel pulled away and won 38-22 I think

Elwood played one hell of a game. In the long run Alexandria made one or two more better place. Neither team could stop the other team's pass strategy. It looked like Alexandria changed a few of their DB's and who they were guarding and they got caught big time. I feel bad for Jake Wilson as he threw some great passes but it look like you were watching Madden and their play-calling at Elwood. He made more plays happen because of his ability then the coaches ability.

Congrats to Mississinewa and Eastbrook on their big wins Frankton also but that was a given. It will be interesting to see where everybody goes from here on out.

No real surprises in the first round other than maybe Winchester putting up a good fight against Lapel and the total combined points of the Elwood vs. Alex game (98).  I did that Math without a calculator, pretty good for a Frankton Alum. 

Alex @ Lapel

Shenandoah @ Frankton

Here's my predictions for Friday's games:  I'll be hoping and praying my Eagles can get it done, but the Raiders have about 3 athletes too many and beat FHS by 3 TDs 40-20 and this time there won't be any broken locker room windows after the game : )  Lapel recovers from sluggish play last Friday on the road and wins big at home 41-13, although deep down I'm rooting for the Tigers to pull off a huge upset.

8 minutes ago, pantherpride said:

I see Shenandoah winning this sectional.  Any thoughts?

I'd be willing to bet a decent chunk of money on it....kinda makes me wish I had a decent chunk of money. Anyway I have no doubt Doah will win that sectional.

• Upvote 1

don't think frankton fares well this week.  looked good vs mg but shenendoah is gonna be a different story.