• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 

Anyone interested in a CIC basketball Thread? I've never been on this site, only football but I would be interested in CIC Basketball also.

• Upvote 1

I would be very interested in it. CIC basketball should be really exciting this year.

Hell yah!  I'm down for a weekly CIC hoops discussion!  It's shocking to me actually that in "the basketball state" this forum isn't nearly as popular yet compared to HS football forum.  19 days until tip-off. 

Frankton should be pretty tough again, bringing back 3/5 starters from last year's CIC 2nd place team.  ; )  The freshman class is pretty good but unsure how many will play up at varsity level.  Key (Jr) will probably be the leading scorer now, he can shoot really well and has been starting since he was a freshman.  I imagine HC Brobston had a huge exhale after McGuire made it out of football season alive, he'll be needed on the court 30 minutes per night.  Detling should be the go-to big man underneath, I guess we'll just have to wait and read the paper to figure out the rest roster.

Good to see interest. I would like to see someone take over a weekly post of CIC basketball. My schedule does not permit me to take the lead on this, although I would enjoy posting. Oak Hill is ranked preseason number One and should be the front runner. Frankton also has a good returning class, and Madison Grant coming off a sectional championship will be a player. The under classmen at MG have a real chance to make some noise in the next few years and will be fun to watch. Good Luck to all CIC teams, I will look forward to a fun and exciting Basketball season.

PS; SPREAD THE WORD AND LETS GET THIS GOING.

Right now I think the battle will be between Frankton and Oak Hill.

Frankton needs to find the missing piece having to replace Knight.  They should be very quick and athletic.  I look for them to press most teams and capitalize on turnovers.

I think OH will return 4 starters.  only losing their big man ( Middlesworth ?)   

Alex could surprise some people ...returning both Paddock's and Hueston.  They need to find a ball handler with Hensley graduating. 

Elwood with a new coach so who knows.

Looking forward to a competitive CIC season

Wow, I did not realize OH was pre-season No. 1!  That's got to be a first for the CIC?  I think Mississinewa had several starters coming back too right?  They should be tough as well, they were the only team to beat Oak Hill last year in the CIC, albeit in the Grant County Tournament.  Any truth to Blackford rumor mill regarding new coach bringing 1 or 2 of his very talented grandkids to Hartford City with him to play basketball?  Are they going to be competitive/relevant again soon?  I may be able to start a weekly thread, just depends how busy work is............

Oak Hill should be very good. But I have to say the ole miss team should be very good also. Eastbrook had a couple of transfers and should compete better than the past few years.

This is a great idea. The CIC will have several great teams.

As far as the question about Blackford. Coach Jerry Hoover will bring new life to Blackford basketball. Yes, we have 3 quality players that have moved in (1 senior and 2 freshmen). Returning players seem to be very hungry and have stepped up their game and accepted some new friends. Coach Hoover brings a lot of experience and knowledge. My 1st impression is that he is a coach that motivates and brings the best out of his athletes. He wanted to coach his grandsons and wanted to return to coaching. He is 82 or 83 years old and will be assisted by his son Don and the returning JV coach.

It is going to be a great year and I will enjoy talking to other CIC fans on this site.

On 11/8/2017 at 12:06 PM, franktonite4life said:

Wow, I did not realize OH was pre-season No. 1!  That's got to be a first for the CIC?  I think Mississinewa had several starters coming back too right?  They should be tough as well, they were the only team to beat Oak Hill last year in the CIC, albeit in the Grant County Tournament.  Any truth to Blackford rumor mill regarding new coach bringing 1 or 2 of his very talented grandkids to Hartford City with him to play basketball?  Are they going to be competitive/relevant again soon?  I may be able to start a weekly thread, just depends how busy work is............

Not trying to stir the pot, but I was in Bernie's one night (best bar in Madison County by far), and I was told that Oak Hill had (maybe still has) kids who are/were homeschooled? They said that they take a class or two, but are homeschooled for other stuff. Made no sense to me, but is this true? Is it even possible?

20 hours ago, AnnexationOfPuertoRico said:

Not trying to stir the pot, but I was in Bernie's one night (best bar in Madison County by far), and I was told that Oak Hill had (maybe still has) kids who are/were homeschooled? They said that they take a class or two, but are homeschooled for other stuff. Made no sense to me, but is this true? Is it even possible?

That is true I think 3 of them are. They have been doing it the last 3 years, so must be possible. No reason Oak Hill doesn’t make it to state this year. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2017 at 10:44 AM, panther10 said:

That is true I think 3 of them are. They have been doing it the last 3 years, so must be possible. No reason Oak Hill doesn’t make it to state this year. 

They have 4 starters that are home schooled.  they go to OH for PE the last period of the day.

16 minutes ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

They have 4 starters that are home schooled.  they go to OH for PE the last period of the day.

Did they get another one? Last year it was only 3. Middlesworth, frank, and balinger.

We live in a day where any kid can go any where to school, so its easy to see why some schools recruit, persuade, what ever you prefer to call it in sports. Gone are the days of you play in the district you live, sad to say. So that being said be prepared to see this trend continue. How long will it be until you see "paid" high school athletes? I guess you could say it already exist in private schools with tuition offered paid by alumni. Sad very sad.

It looks like Frankton will be limping into basketball season a bit, I guess McGuire and Weins are in a sling/boot and will be for several weeks of the season?????

I imagine the OH kids that are on the team and are home-schooled live well within the district limits :07_v:   (as if it mattered anymore)

But yah, I could see them having 1 or 2 home-school kids being starters, but darn, 4 out of 5???  That's one hell of a recruiting job by OH and I applaud that.

Edited by franktonite4life
forgot a letter

Hope a CIC basketball thread is able to take off. Created an account just to talk CIC hoops. Biased towards my Indians, but I'm more supportive of fellow CIC schools on the court than on the field. Good luck to all CIC schools this season and go Indians!

3 hours ago, IndianFanatic said:

Hope a CIC basketball thread is able to take off. Created an account just to talk CIC hoops. Biased towards my Indians, but I'm more supportive of fellow CIC schools on the court than on the field. Good luck to all CIC schools this season and go Indians!

Welcome glad you signed up help spread the word and lets get this going.

Scrimmages: Blackford hosted Tri-County this afternoon. Excited by their aggressive play and hustle. We will be able to put some points on the board. The Bruins won 4 of the 5 quarters. We have not been involved in a scrimmage the past few years. I think is is much better than having an intra-squad game.

Do the Grant County schools still play their jamboree? Do Elwood, Alexandria or Frankton have a scrimmage? Any results?

15 hours ago, Old Bruin said:

Scrimmages: Blackford hosted Tri-County this afternoon. Excited by their aggressive play and hustle. We will be able to put some points on the board. The Bruins won 4 of the 5 quarters. We have not been involved in a scrimmage the past few years. I think is is much better than having an intra-squad game.

Do the Grant County schools still play their jamboree? Do Elwood, Alexandria or Frankton have a scrimmage? Any results?

Looks like Frankton just had an intrasquad game (per Twitter), Alex had a scrimmage vs Morristown in which they were outscored 70-38 (yikes), and I can find nothing on Elwood.