• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Indianpolis Tindley: Coach Removed: Per IHSAA Executive Report

Recommended Posts

Tindley HS – Rule 3‐8 (Football coach knowingly played ineligible players in an interscholastic contest – PROBATION)

1. The Tindley Accelerated School football program is placed on probation. Probation is severe type of warning, is a matter of record, and shall not be repeated.

2. The students remain ineligible until such time they may become eligible and certified as such by the Principal.

3. The IHSAA accepts and strongly supports the termination of Head Coach Chris Edison by Tindley Accelerated School as an appropriate resolution to this matter.

4. The contest in which the ineligible athletes participated in shall be forfeited if Tindley was victorious.  The opposing school shall be made aware of this violation.

Does that change their record of 6-3?   Not sure how many players were used or if they factored into any of the Wins.    

Hate seeing this stuff.     Kudos to Tindley for taking appropriate actions. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullet point 3. leads me to assume the IHSAA demanded Tindley terminate the head coach or face disqualification from participating in the IHSAA tournament. They did the same thing to Attucks basketball two years ago.

This certainly is not the first school to commit this violation and won't be the last either. Perhaps the IHSAA will implement an actual rule or bylaw which states termination of the head coach or disqualification from participation in the IHSAA tournament is the penalty for such violation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Tindley HS – Rule 3‐8 (Football coach knowingly played ineligible players in an interscholastic contest – PROBATION)

1. The Tindley Accelerated School football program is placed on probation. Probation is severe type of warning, is a matter of record, and shall not be repeated.

2. The students remain ineligible until such time they may become eligible and certified as such by the Principal.

3. The IHSAA accepts and strongly supports the termination of Head Coach Chris Edison by Tindley Accelerated School as an appropriate resolution to this matter.

4. The contest in which the ineligible athletes participated in shall be forfeited if Tindley was victorious.  The opposing school shall be made aware of this violation.

Does that change their record of 6-3?   Not sure how many players were used or if they factored into any of the Wins.    

Hate seeing this stuff.     Kudos to Tindley for taking appropriate actions. 

 

Apparently they had little choice. The IHSAA should state their ruling based on written rules and bylaws and allow the school to make a decision on the punishment imposed on their coach. Instead the IHSAA is forcing schools to decide between two bogus options of punishment which will be imposed by the IHSAA based on non existent rules or bylaws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrlittleman said:

This maybe a dumb question, but how is this different from Eastern Greene?

It appears in this instance that the head coach knew that the player was not eligible and played him anyway. That was referenced by rule 3-8 at the beginning of Coach Nowlin's post. In the case of EG, the coach was unknowing as it was some kind of error undiscovered by admin until after the fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

It appears in this instance that the head coach knew that the player was not eligible and played him anyway. That was referenced by rule 3-8 at the beginning of Coach Nowlin's post. In the case of EG, the coach was unknowing as it was some kind of error undiscovered by admin until after the fact. 

No different than North Putnam in 2016.

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about ihsaa/minutes/2016-17/110416.pdf

Apparently  the IHSAA adheres to established written rules and bylaws when dealing with rural schools yet threatens to impose bogus penalties based on non existent rules when dealing with inner city schools.

The IHSAA has demonstrated a previous pattern of failing to adhere to their own established written rules and bylaws while imposing bogus penalties based on non existent IHSAA written rules or bylaws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MarshallCounty said:

Was the soccer coach terminated?

Who knows. 

However, the following bullet point was not included in the recorded minutes of the IHSAA executive committee penalty for North Putnam.

3. The IHSAA accepts and strongly supports the termination of Head Coach "___"  as an appropriate resolution to this matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Howe said:

Who knows. 

However, the following bullet point was not included in the recorded minutes of the IHSAA executive committee penalty for North Putnam.

3. The IHSAA accepts and strongly supports the termination of Head Coach "___"  as an appropriate resolution to this matter.

Soooo.... Are we playing this game? 

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

I have always wanted to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Howe said:

Bullet point 3. leads me to assume the IHSAA demanded Tindley terminate the head coach or face disqualification from participating in the IHSAA tournament. They did the same thing to Attucks basketball two years ago.

This certainly is not the first school to commit this violation and won't be the last either. Perhaps the IHSAA will implement an actual rule or bylaw which states termination of the head coach or disqualification from participation in the IHSAA tournament is the penalty for such violation.

There are bylaws that say they can prohibit a coach from coaching and they can kick a school out of the IHSAA. Maybe you should actually read the bylaws. You can start with rules 3-8 and 17-7.1

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Was the soccer coach terminated?

Don't know if he was terminated. That was last season. He is not their coach this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SR1 said:

There are bylaws that say they can prohibit a coach from coaching and they can kick a school out of the IHSAA. Maybe you should actually read the bylaws. You can start with rules 3-8 and 17-7.1

17-7-1

d. The Association may take any appropriate disciplinary or remedial measures or impose, or direct the imposition of, appropriate sanctions or penalties.

Apparently "appropriate" disciplinary measures, sanctions or penalties are applied differently to rural schools as compared to inner city schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Howe said:

17-7-1

d. The Association may take any appropriate disciplinary or remedial measures or impose, or direct the imposition of, appropriate sanctions or penalties.

Apparently "appropriate" disciplinary measures, sanctions or penalties are applied differently to rural schools as compared to inner city schools.

Knowingly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, InTheTrench said:

Knowingly

The same term used in the IHSAA probation of North Putnam yet no mention of "the IHSAA accepts and strongly supports the termination of Head Coach "___"  as an appropriate resolution to this matter" were recorded in the executive board meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The IHSAA didn’t impose the termination of the coach, Tindley did that and put it in their report to the IHSAA.  In return, the IHSAA put what they put in the minutes because they obviously felt that was a justifiable action.  You can read through alot of those IHSAA penalty reports past and present and the IHSAA will make statements like that when a school suspends or terminates a coach for committing a harsh enough IHSAA violation.  The IHSAA cannot fire coaches.  They can suspend them, but they cannot terminate them.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, OldSage said:

The IHSAA didn’t impose the termination of the coach, Tindley did that and put it in their report to the IHSAA.  In return, the IHSAA put what they put in the minutes because they obviously felt that was a justifiable action.  You can read through alot of those IHSAA penalty reports past and present and the IHSAA will make statements like that when a school suspends or terminates a coach for committing a harsh enough IHSAA violation.  The IHSAA cannot fire coaches.  They can suspend them, but they cannot terminate them.

The IHSAA directly threatened Attucks with ineligibility to participate in the IHSAA tournament unless their head coach was removed. I suspect the same threat was issued toward Tindley.

“Mr. Washington was suspended from Crispus Attucks pending an internal investigation related to an IHSAA investigation. The district took this measure to ensure continued eligibility of our student athletes in the Crispus Attucks Boys’ Basketball program

.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/crispus-attucks-boys-basketball-coach-suspended

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Howe said:

17-7-1

d. The Association may take any appropriate disciplinary or remedial measures or impose, or direct the imposition of, appropriate sanctions or penalties.

Apparently "appropriate" disciplinary measures, sanctions or penalties are applied differently to rural schools as compared to inner city schools.

Here is the rest of 17-7-1 you failed to share.

17-7.1 Penalties For violation of a rule or disregard of a decision or directive made under these rules, some or all of the following action may be taken.

a. The student may be declared ineligible to participate in interschool athletics for a period not to exceed Three-hundred Sixty-five (365) days.

b. A coach may be prohibited from directing an athletic team which participates in interschool athletics.

c. A member School may be: (1.) prohibited from certain interschool athletic participation; or (2.) warned; or (3.) fined, including the forfeiting of revenues generated from the Association; or (4.) suspended or placed on Probation for a period not to exceed Three-hundred Sixty-five (365) days by the Association.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Here is the rest of 17-7-1 you failed to share.

17-7.1 Penalties For violation of a rule or disregard of a decision or directive made under these rules, some or all of the following action may be taken.

a. The student may be declared ineligible to participate in interschool athletics for a period not to exceed Three-hundred Sixty-five (365) days.

b. A coach may be prohibited from directing an athletic team which participates in interschool athletics.

c. A member School may be: (1.) prohibited from certain interschool athletic participation; or (2.) warned; or (3.) fined, including the forfeiting of revenues generated from the Association; or (4.) suspended or placed on Probation for a period not to exceed Three-hundred Sixty-five (365) days by the Association.

It is interesting to observe the inconsistency in IHSAA penalties assessed. They lose nearly every case in court. My favorite was when a player was ejected and ruled ineligible to participate in the next contest and the IHSAA told Bowman that all officials calls were final and binding yet overruled an officials call when a football player from South Putnam was ejected during the IHSAA tournament. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.