• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
SEAL_63

#1 Gibson Southern (10-0) at #10 Vincennes Lincoln (9-1)

Recommended Posts

That refing crew does need a IHSAA review. I have never seen anything like them. Will give cuddos to the play of VL though. Toole is definatly a player. He might have went wild on a dry field but so would have our defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2017 at 8:24 AM, SEAL_63 said:

As far as visitor seating, I think the need to get there early is more of a testament to GS crowd size than the lack of seating. Inman's visitor section is quite large compared to other area schools outside of Evansville. Regardless, I am counting on a standing room only GS crowd. 

And Seating may have been adequate,  had a large portion of Vincennes fans not decided to fill  a couple of sections of the visitor's side. There  was plenty of empty seating on the home side. Not sure why they would do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, Titan35 said:

Officials gave us a game not VL.   And whoever thinks that the penalties were fair are as dumb as the officials were.  It was obvious that they had a vendetta against us and that is fact not speculation. 

 

Wow what a classy statement! Way to respect your opponent that just gave you all you could handle! After all the talk of how VL can’t hang with GS...I’ve seen one single complimentary post from GS fans. I’ve had more humility in defeat, giving credit where credit is due, than some of you in victory. Good luck Titans in the tournament. I hope you find an adversary you deem worthy. 

24 minutes ago, Titan76 said:

And Seating may have been adequate,  had a large portion of Vincennes fans not decided to fill  a couple of sections of the visitor's side. There  was plenty of empty seating on the home side. Not sure why they would do that.

Because of the somewhat large visitor section, it usually isn’t half full for most games. Many home fans choose to sit over there based on where they parked. Just habit I guess...

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

 

Wow what a classy statement! Way to respect your opponent that gave you all you could handle!

If wasn't a jab at VL! It was directed at the officials! But you take like you want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

 

Wow what a classy statement! Way to respect your opponent that just gave you all you could handle! After all the talk of how VL can’t hang with GS...I’ve seen one single positive post from GS fans. I’ve had more humility in defeat, giving credit where credit is due, than some of you in victory. Good luck Titans in the tournament. 

Because of the somewhat large visitor section, it usually isn’t half full for most games. Many home fans choose to sit over there based on where they parked. Just habit I guess...

To me, that shows a lack of class, but hey that is just me...maybe you can sit there in regular season with a team that doesn't travel with a fan base but not for a big game with a large fan base.

And I will say that Toole is a great athlete and can run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GeorgeOrwell said:

Like the game against Chatard for semi-state in 2015?  Terrible weather for that one.  It would have been nice to see those two teams play each other in good weather.  Would have been one he(( of a game.  

Would not have been a good game in good weather, GS would have smashed that BC squad!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Titan76 said:

To me, that shows a lack of class, but hey that is just me...maybe you can sit there in regular season with a team that doesn't travel with a fan base but not for a big game with a large fan base.

And I will say that Toole is a great athlete and can run.

I agree. For this game, all Lincoln fans should have sat on the home side. And it would’ve presented the home crowd size better anyway. Totally agree with you. 

And I’m not including all GS fans in my rant. You guys are actually a lot of fun with the build up to a huge game. I enjoy the banter back and forth. 

But these kids tonight laid it all on the line tonight and played one hell of a game despite the killer mistakes. They deserve respect. 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Congratulations to the Titans. Heck of a ballgame. Thought Lincoln had them on the ropes after the goal line stand but they made the big 2 interceptions at the end. Best of luck next week. 

 

Good game VL but that "goalline stand" was bull, Sellers was clearly in. I was looking around for candid cameras on so many if the flags and non-flags tonight

2 hours ago, Bulldoggit said:

Dry field Toole goes crazy........he is so Athletic. 

On a dry field, our defenders aren't slipping. He is an awesome rb playing qb but GS defense would also be better in dry turf bub

Edited by VIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Congratulations to the Titans. Heck of a ballgame. Thought Lincoln had them on the ropes after the goal line stand but they made the big 2 interceptions at the end. Best of luck next week. 

 

Definitely one to remember.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VIP said:

Good game VL but that "goalline stand" was bull, Sellers was clearly in. I was looking around for candid cameras on so many if the flags and non-flags tonight

Haha oh the irony. I harkened back to 2012 when GS got the benefit of the doubt on the goal line. 

I really thought that after Sellers was called short to give Lincoln the ball that VL was destined to win somehow. But the Titans were able to exploit other matchups while double teaming Kotter. Few have been able to do that all year. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

I agree. For this game, all Lincoln fans should have sat on the home side. And it would’ve presented the home crowd size better. Totally agree. 

And I’m not including all GS fans in my rant. You guys are actually a lot of fun with the build up to a huge game. I enjoy the banter back and forth. 

But these kids tonight laid it all on the line tonight and played one hell of a game despite the killer mistakes. They deserve respect. 

And I don't think the comments about the officiating are meant to be disrespectful to the Lincoln players, no more than the excuses about weather and field conditions are to the GS defense.

Lincoln played a hard fought game and answered when needed and kept GS from being able to pull away.

As I said earlier in the week, most of the Vincennes fans I know are good guys. 

They are bringing 2 youth teams to our tournament  sat. And Sunday and as in the past , they will be hard hitting tough teams....knowing what Lincoln's  youth teams look like and what GS has in the pipeline I am sure there will be a ton more sectional showdowns between these 2 programs....although I am hoping maybe Vincennes can install turf before the next time we travel to Inman

Edited by Titan76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Titan76 said:

And I don't think the comments about the officiating are meant to be disrespectful to the Lincoln players, no more than the excuses about weather and field conditions are to the GS defense.

Lincoln played a hard fought game and answered when needed and kept GS from being able to pull away.

As I said earlier in the week, most of the Vincennes fans I know are good guys. 

They are bringing 2 youth teams to our tournament  sat. And Sunday and as in the past , they will be hard hitting tough teams....knowing what Lincoln youth teams look like and what GS has in the pipeline I am sure there wI'll be a ton more sectional showdowns between these 2.

Understood.

Let’s hope this can become a rivalry for years to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, VIP said:

Would not have been a good game in good weather, GS would have smashed that BC squad!

Come on Coach S. Humility!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SOunded like a great game from the reviews and highlights I saw.  Was really impressed that the Alices made this a game... I wondered how long they could hang with the Titans....  Nothing to be down about... great effort! Good luck to the Titans!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is making excuses? That GS defense was probably the best or second best Lincoln has faced all year. Monsters in the trenches and some playmakers at every level. GS defenders executed their game plan. They shut Kotter down. They contained Toole. They capitalized with INTs where VL players let the ball go through their hands when given a couple chances. GS D made plays and that was the difference. Can't turn the ball over 3 times to GS and expect to win.

VL had multiple chances but couldn't get it done. 

Stating the weather affected the VL QB is not an excuse but simply an observation. But that's football, especially come tourney time. Comes with the territory. 

Edited by Big8Football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Big8Football said:

Who is making excuses? 

Stating the weather affected the VL QB is not an excuse but simply an observation. But that's football, especially come tourney time. Comes with the territory. 

It's an excuse, .....or you need to make the same observation that the same weather conditions is why our defensive backs dropped multiple chances at even more interceptions, or that our line and line backers had Toole  and others in the backfield but lost their footing on that wet muddy stuff called grass, or that our receivers dropped balls they normally don't.  To make an observation about how it negatively effected one player is an excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VIP said:

Would not have been a good game in good weather, GS would have smashed that BC squad!

Maybe.  Maybe not.  I would like to have seen it regardless.  I think it would have been a good competitive game.  I often watch BC play and come away thinking that they look unimpressive, but, it amazes me how often they find a way to win.  I feel that way about this year's team as well.   That 2015 squad you guys had was definitely one to be proud of though.  Good luck the rest of the way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popcorn is popping today boys. Love me some banter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CS31295 said:
  8c3028726aaa48fca419c15fee130f65.pngGS no-img-football.pngLIN
Number of Plays 69 58
Total Offense 571 337
Time of Possession 21:53 24:47
Rushing Attempts - Yards 43 - 305 32 - 176
Passing: Completions - Attempts 15 - 26 10 - 26
Passing Yards 266 161
Passing: Touchdowns - Interceptions 2 - 0 3 - 2
Fumbles - Lost 1 - 0 1 - 1
Turnovers 0 3
First Downs 27 22
First Downs - Rushing 16 9
First Downs - Passing 9 7
First Downs - Penalties 2 6
Third Down Conversions/Attempts 4/11 (36.4%) 6/11 (54.5%)
Fourth Down Conversions/Attempts 2/4 (50%) 1/4 (25%)
Penalties - Yards 16 - 175 6 - 65
Defensive Sacks - Yards 0 - 0 0 - 0
Punts - Average 3 - 32 1 - 40

 

 

 

16-175.....dang.

That's worse than Central!! 12-98 penalties in our game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Titan35 said:

Officials gave us a game not VL.   And whoever thinks that the penalties were fair are as dumb as the officials were.  It was obvious that they had a vendetta against us and that is fact not speculation. 

 

 

7 hours ago, Titan32 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rick_Sports10/status/924121405838577664/video/1

Bogus penalties aside...someone really needs to teach that crew how forward progress works.  I hope to send some video to Bobref....crazy.

I’m happy to look at anything you send along, and give you my opinion. But I have to say that reporting that it is “fact” that the officiating crew had a “vendetta” against one team makes you look like a dope. But by all means send me some video. I suggest you do it in a private message, and I’ll reply the same way, so you’re not publicly embarrassed any further.d

Edited by bobref
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bobref said:

 

 

I’m happy to look at anything you send along, and give you my opinion. But I have to say that reporting that it is “fact” that the officiating crew had a “vendetta” against one team makes you look like a dope. But by all means send me some video. I suggest you do it in a private message, and I’ll reply the same way, so you’re not publicly embarrassed any further.d

I didn’t make the fact and vendetta comment...but I will look for some stuff to private message you.  Thanks for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I didn’t make the fact and vendetta comment...but I will look for some stuff to private message you.  Thanks for your time.

Yes, I got my “Titans” mixed up. It was Titan 35, not Titan32 that was the dope. I apologize, and I’m always happy to look at video and tell you what I think.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though it didn’t look like it on the final score, GS dominated on the stats...one that sticks out?  175 yards in penalties?????  That my friends is what you call an anomaly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gowesdel said:

 That my friends is what you call an anomaly!

No, it is a vendetta.  And that’s a fact.  LOL

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.