• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
pickthepicker

Center Grove (4-5) at Franklin Central (8-1)

Friday night's Class 6A sectional semifinal between Center Grove and Franklin Central is an interesting matchup.  It will mark the first time since 1990 that these programs have faced each other.  Believe it or not, the Flashes lead the all-time series 17-7.  However, the Trojans as a football program are markedly better than they were 27 years ago.  Center Grove's last win in the series came in the 1984 season when the late Dave Conrad was heading the program.  FC has won the last six meetings and 14 of 16 against the Trojans since 1970.  Should be a very interesting game.

This is the first sectional game in a long time that I can not guarantee that there will be a CG victory. There are a few factors that play into that, but the most obvious one is that FC is good this year. I think that this is one that will go down to the wire. 

I would also think playing on grass could be a factor.  With rain a couple of ties this week it could be a soft surface.  I think this a definite home team advantage.  I can see this game going either way.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

I would also think playing on grass could be a factor.  With rain a couple of ties this week it could be a soft surface.  I think this a definite home team advantage.  I can see this game going either way.  

I think that the grass is going to play a major role. I think that it'll slow down the CG offense quite a bit, and Franklin will have to capitalize off of that to win the game.

19 minutes ago, CGFan2017 said:

I think that the grass is going to play a major role. I think that it'll slow down the CG offense quite a bit, and Franklin will have to capitalize off of that to win the game.

Rain and a muddy terrain at castle a decade or so ago did not hold the trojans back to much.  Center Grove should win by 7-10 points. FC is a solid team but i remamber week 3 when south barely lost to them without two all state  players on offense. Really think cg should win if they play and coach their best Would be a game to go to if my team was not playing. Lots of interesting games this friday.

If the FC team that showed up to play Roncalli also shows up to play Center Grove, CG will win by at least 21!

6 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Rain and a muddy terrain at castle a decade or so ago did not hold the trojans back to much.  Center Grove should win by 7-10 points. FC is a solid team but i remamber week 3 when south barely lost to them without two all state  players on offense. Really think cg should win if they play and coach their best Would be a game to go to if my team was not playing. Lots of interesting games this friday.

That is true. I am just basing my guess off the last time CG played on grass, which was 3 seasons ago, and that was a close game to Whiteland. There are tons of great games this Friday. I wish there was a way to watch them all.

Given the forecast, I'm amending my original score prediction.

Center Grove 14, Franklin Central 7

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

only for grass when they get used. I would like to see them used for a home game some time

Edited by trojanmp52
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Redzone10 said:

FC wins big in this one.

FC hasn't faced a MIC-caliber team (except maybe Roncalli) and Roncalli jumped all over the Flashes.  CG will win.  With sloppy field, I predict a Trojan victory by 14.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Does FC have a pass or run dominant offense? Both teams are going to have a tough time tonight passing.

1 minute ago, CGFan2017 said:

Does FC have a pass or run dominant offense? Both teams are going to have a tough time tonight passing.

Fc runs the ball more i believe.  But may pass some. I do think they are 60% run though at the least. 

The red pants are doing the job.  FC just doesn’t have the athletes.  If this game was in turf it would be uglier

35-3 Final Score. FC looked great on their first drive, but that was about it. Carson Steele and the rest of the running backs ran all over the defense.

55 minutes ago, CGFan2017 said:

35-3 Final Score. FC looked great on their first drive, but that was about it. Carson Steele and the rest of the running backs ran all over the defense.

I was joking on another thread entitled "why lie about your playing career" . I said something about lying that you were all state all four years of your career. Carson Steele could be the 1st ever (?) or join a select few who have done it ? He deserves to be on the jr  all state team  in my opinon

Jackson Moore was 1-2 passing.

Man I love CG.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I was joking on another thread entitled "why lie about your playing career" . I said something about lying that you were all state all four years of your career. Carson Steele could be the 1st ever (?) or join a select few who have done it ? He deserves to be on the jr  all state team  in my opinon

I agree with that. Do you know of any freshman that have made all state?