• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/22/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  Tell City:  Josh Teague  Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly  Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired 
Sign in to follow this  
NRRaider2001

NLC 2017/18

With the start of boys basketball season right around the corner I figured I'd start a thread for NLC Boys Basketball for the upcoming season. 

Not sure what to expect out of Northridge this year, but I think they'll be middle of the pack like last year.  Our girls team I look to be at/near the top of the NLC yet again even though we lost some key seniors after last years semi state run.

Also former Concord Basketball standout is making international news (Netherlands).

http://landstedebasketbal.nl/nieuws/12666/franko-house-voelt-zich-thuis-in-zwolle.html

I'll be headed to Northside Gym tonight to watch the Raiders/Blue Blazers girls and boys varsity faceoff.

Any fellow NLCers have games tonight or tomorrow?  We have the NLC/NECC Tournament on Saturday for the girls I'm hoping to catch in Angola.  Should be two good matchups tonight!

One streak will be broken tonight in Warsaw one way or the other.  Either the Tigers will lose their first conference game in 22 tries, or the Warriors will pick up their first conference win in 43 tries.  Warsaw has struggled mightily on both sides of the ball to start the season.  Wawasee hasn't been much better.  At this point, prior to the start of NLC games, I might have to say Plymouth and Memorial look to be the front runners, while NorthWood, Warsaw, and Northridge potentially in the mix.  Coach Ogle mentioned he expects the NLC champion might have a loss or two this season, and I'd agree with him.

Northridge is kind of hard for me to gauge still at 2-2, I went to the season opener against Central and came away pretty impressed, but also understood Central was a young/inexperienced team.  The next 2 games were against ranked teams in Riley/Westview and as expected Northridge lost in a blowout to Riley and a close one to Westview.

I think they have the potential to be top half of the conference this year, but I doubt much higher ceiling than that.  NR opens up NLC play at Goshen this Saturday night, I like our odds in that one before the Wawasee tournament over Christmas break.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:37 AM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

One streak will be broken tonight in Warsaw one way or the other.  Either the Tigers will lose their first conference game in 22 tries, or the Warriors will pick up their first conference win in 43 tries.  Warsaw has struggled mightily on both sides of the ball to start the season.  Wawasee hasn't been much better.  At this point, prior to the start of NLC games, I might have to say Plymouth and Memorial look to be the front runners, while NorthWood, Warsaw, and Northridge potentially in the mix.  Coach Ogle mentioned he expects the NLC champion might have a loss or two this season, and I'd agree with him.

I was blown away when I read the final of this one on Twitter.  I thought their must be some mistake and it was the halftime score.  I will admit, I haven't followed either team this year very closely, but WOW.  Congrats to the Warriors on finally breaking the streak!

Northridge picked up a nail biter on Conner Utley's last second reverse layup to win at Goshen.  I'm still thinking we're about a .500 team, perhaps a few games above .500 this year.

excited for the matchup in Middlebury tonight between Northridge and Warsaw.  Should tell us a lot more about both teams.  Go Raiders!

Congrats to Goshen and Northwood on their wins last night.  I was pretty surprised to see Goshen knock out Warsaw after the beating they took in the first match.  Good luck to all the teams tonight, and can't wait til Friday night at North Side Gym!

Yesterday it was officially announced that Scott Radeker is the new Varsity Boys Basketball Coach at Northridge High School.  He most recently was the head coach at Lafayette Jeff (97-88) after posting the best record of his tenure this past season.  Before he coached for the Bronchos he was at North Montgomery (120-80).  He was also an assistant at Noblesville after moving to Indiana from New York to pursue his dream of coaching Indiana Boys Basketball.  He is one of 2 assistants for this years Indiana All Star team.