• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland
Titan32

Evansville Memorial (10-1) at Gibson Southern (11-0)

2 minutes ago, Patriot74 said:

This doesn't mean anything!!!!!  Couldn't resist!

:13_v:

28 minutes ago, Bulldoggit said:

I saw them up there at Halftime..............They didn't leave early..............................

Probably didn't want to get in the way of all those Lincoln fans heading for the park...LOL....I'm kidding I'm kidding!!

• Haha 1

I saw both of these teams in play, in person, against a team that I hold near and dear to my heart (the refs cheated in both games) !!!!

In all seriousness.........both of these teams are fantastic.  Both teams are big, strong and fast and do "their" thing well .  There has been a lot of discussion on this thread about which team is better, does the conference schedule help or hurt a team, which team from different years were better and much more.......This is my two cents worth and it may not even be worth that much.  I believe that the weather is going to be the one factor in this game that affects the out come.   According to my "eye test" I was more impressed (personally) with Memorial's running game than GS.  That is by no means a slight to GS either so please don't take it as that Titan fans.  So if the weather dictates this game to be a more running styled game, I think the edge might go to Memorial.  Conversely if the weather is fair and both teams can play the whole playbook, GS's style, tempo and passing attack is (IMO) better than that of Memorial, again no disrespect intended to the Tiger faithful.  SO in the case of good weather advantage GS.  This game could be one of those great high school bouts that we as fans talk about for a very long time.  It will be a shame that one of these two teams season has to end Friday...........with that said I am hoping for good weather and a PAC sectional title GS 35  EM 34  (missed two point try as time expires!)  Good luck both and stay healthy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Man, I'd like to see it clear off just a little sooner for the fans's sake.  But let's hope that forecast holds true!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, greyhound3175 said:

This game will be played on Turf right? 

Yes

18 minutes ago, greyhound3175 said:

This game will be played on Turf right? 

Good turf...not that SIAC turf....LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tango said:

LOL.  You know it would happen too...    I would take 2017 EM to cover 2016 EM.   That 2015 GS team was fun to watch.  Sellers and Scheller were studs!!  Are there any more Schellers in the pipe?

Yep a 6th grader coming up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Good turf...not that SIAC turf....LOL

LOL.  We have the same turf as GS, but without those ugly yellow soccer lines.....  But not enough seating...  

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tango said:

LOL.  We have the same turf as GS, but without those ugly yellow soccer lines.....

I think he was referring to actual game fields and not practice facilities. :02_v:

14 minutes ago, tango said:

LOL.  We have the same turf as GS, but without those ugly yellow soccer lines.....  But not enough seating...  

Like TitanPride said....game fields!  Still not sure why we did the soccer lines...but they blend in.

16 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Like TitanPride said....game fields!  Still not sure why we did the soccer lines...but they blend in.

Multi use facility. But soccor doesn't want to use the field.

8 minutes ago, Titan35 said:

Multi use facility. But soccor doesn't want to use the field.

Yeah I know...makes you wonder why we did it...but I guess in a worse case weather scenario they could use it in a pinch.

I believe that was a stipulation in order to get the turf.  Put a fence and bases on it and we can play softball.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TitanPride said:

I think he was referring to actual game fields and not practice facilities. :02_v:

He knows I was just giving him the biz.  Our donor stipulated that no soccer lines could be put on the field.  Gotta love that.  

Edited by tango
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

He knows I was just giving him the biz.  Our donor stipulated that no soccer lines could be put on the field.  Gotta love that.  

No soccer lines on Raider Field either. 

3 hours ago, tango said:

That has not seemed to hurt your soccer programs at all. 

Memorial’s boys and girls won soccer state finals right? How many times can’t a school say that? Pretty cool

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 years ago today the Gibson Southern Titans won their first ever Sectional Championship, in Overtime against.... the Memorial Tigers. Lets hope this game is as exciting as that one was!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, navy80 said:

Memorial’s boys and girls won soccer state finals right? How many times can’t a school say that? Pretty cool

Yes they did.  It's happened only twice since the IHSAA began sanctioning soccer in the early 1990's - in 2008 and 2017 - and it was Memorial both times.  It surprises me that it hasn't happened at Carmel or some other big school in Indy...

10 hours ago, TitanPride said:

That has not seemed to hurt your soccer programs at all. 

No it hasn't.  We have a lot of kids who are involved in the scourge of travel soccer from very early ages.  On the bright side, it's good to see some other local schools like Mater Dei having soccer success too.  I'm sure Coach Goebel loves it...  LOL.

Just passed some more portable bleachers rolling into the Jewel.

Edited by Jr Titans
Miss spelling

"IB" the PAC Champs win this battle.  And "IB" this will be a battle.  The Titans were tested by a tough VL team last week and that is what they needed to convince themselves and all the "IB" chatterers to really believe and eventually be "IB".  :07_v:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5