• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Titan32

Evansville Memorial (10-1) at Gibson Southern (11-0)

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Can you smell the coaching Freudism in thei air?  It’s like Napalm in the morning only different.  Heading to tailgate...see you fellas later!

Don't know what this means and don't really care. Both coaching staffs are good. Just agreeing that there is no coaching advantage here. Hurley's been to the dance twice. That's not an accident.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

Don't know what this means and don't really care. Both coaching staffs are good. Just agreeing that there is no coaching advantage here. Hurley's been to the dance twice. That's not an accident.

That doesn't count.  That was before the current GS coaches invented football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

As for the game...

This game comes down to the Memorial's ability to defend the GS pass attack.  If they cant then GS wins.

Wasn’t comparing HC to Reitz.  I was comparing how Central came out and played to how Gibson Southern came out and played against Henderson County.  I saw the second Reitz Central game.  Sorry but there’s no way central should have ever lost to Reitz this year.  Talent level wasn’t even close.

Not sure why everyone is saying Hart is the superior coach here. Both are great. I'll get to see tonight which one is better.

GS is a little bigger at the WR....Memorial a little bigger on the line.....but overall these teams are nearly identical.   What I dont buy is that Memorials Coaching staff is better than GS.  

Im sorry, but Hurley took over for a team that was already a team that was better than their record and had a history and culture.  You really cannot deny it.  Hurley in my opinion is a good coach but its the Culture and history at Memorial that has helped him succeed.  The multiple generations of players definitely feeds into this too.

Hart had none of that.  He came into GS and immediately turned the offense into one of the most lethal in the state.  Completely flipped the program.  I also believe there have been a number of coaching changes within the program.  GS had no culture before Hart....there was no real fan base....and i believe i was one of the only, if not THE only GS members on this forum when he took over in 2012.

Im not even sure its worth noting that 2 former Big 8 Head coaches (at least that im aware of) who were pretty successful are now on the staff..2 former all state players are also on the staff.....Ill lean on Memorial having better athletes...but I honestly do not see them having a better coaching staff considering what has happened over the past 6 years at GS.  I really just dont.   The fact that every off season there is a rumor mill around Hart leaving for a college job or Mega high school job settles any doubt on that too. 

going with the over/under that started off this thread.....I am going to take GS in the win.......lets say 45-42

I also think this years defense is the best overall defense Hart has fielded...But i dont necessarily believe they are fielding the best players they have. I think the senior group in 2015 had some truly phenomenal players.  Overall though, I think this years defense is the best so far....especially rushing wise.

1 minute ago, AustinHendershot12 said:

Anybody got a score update??

Kickoff is soon.....but the rush for everyone to get into the stands is ridiculous.  Traffic is backed up and its going to be packed.

1 minute ago, CS31295 said:

I also think this years defense is the best overall defense Hart has fielded...But i dont necessarily believe they are fielding the best players they have. I think the senior group in 2015 had some truly phenomenal players.  Overall though, I think this years defense is the best so far....especially rushing wise.

Kickoff is soon.....but the rush for everyone to get into the stands is ridiculous.  Traffic is backed up and its going to be packed.

Forgot it’s an hour behind for that game haha. I’m sure it is, wish I made the trip to see this game. If GS advances would love to get to see them play in person

39 minutes ago, CS31295 said:

No chance. 2015>2017 and I don't think it's particularly close. Both lines are excellent, but 2015 had Cory Klem.  He's head and shoulders above anyone on the 2017 squad and was a true stud/difference maker. No offense to the 2017 players. 

Looks like Memorial D as good as advertised. GS on the ropes now. 

• Like 1

Those officials must’ve really held GS back. No way Memorial would win otherwise. 

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 8

Memorial got "lucky" again. Pulled out a win against the far superior team.

• Upvote 7

Good luck to Memorial next week.  Great year for GS.  These young men have nothing to be ashamed of.   

1 minute ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Good luck to Memorial next week.  Great year for GS.  These young men have nothing to be ashamed of.   

Both teams played hard! GS had a tremendous season and should hold their heads high!

Good defense 

Better athletes

Not so good pass defense. 

Someone said that earlier. 

14 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Those officials must’ve really held GS back. No way Memorial would win otherwise. 

What about the athletes?

Congrats Memorial...well done!

Congratulations Memorial. Good luck the rest of the way.