• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
WC Warrior

Sectional 6 Championship-Warren Central at Ben Davis

Hello there everyone. I'm back and boy, do we have ourselves a great sectional championship on tap. The Warren Central Warriors travel to the Westside to face off against their rival Ben Davis. The Giants walked all over the Warriors back in Week 5, winning by 29 points. The Warriors picked a good time to get red hot. Ben Davis was battle tested last night at Lawrence Central. I want your thoughts and predictions on this game. Can Warren Central get revenge on Ben Davis? Or will the Giants prevail? Thanks again and Go Warriors!!!!

Edited by WC Warrior

1 hour ago, WC Warrior said:

Hello there everyone. I'm back and boy, do we have ourselves a great sectional championship on tap. The Warren Central Warriors travel to the Westside to face off against their rival Ben Davis. The Giants walked all over the Warriors back in Week 5, winning by 29 points. Warren Central is on a roll right now. The Warriors picked a good time to get red hot. Ben Davis got exposed last night at Lawrence Central. I want your thoughts and predictions on this game. Can Warren Central get revenge on Ben Davis? Or will the Giants prevail? Thanks again and Go Warriors!!!!

I'm okay with Ben Davis getting "exposed" if that means beating a good team by two touchdowns. 

Perhaps warren is "on a roll," because they haven't faced much quality competition since September 15. I would argue that's the evening the warriors got exposed.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BDAlum04 said:

I'm okay with Ben Davis getting "exposed" if that means beating a good team by two touchdowns. 

Perhaps warren is "on a roll," because they haven't faced much quality competition since September 15. I would argue that's the evening the warriors got exposed.

The Warriors faced a very good River Rouge football team and won 24-17. At least Warren Central had a little bit of good quality competition in Week 9.

Edited by WC Warrior

Now now you 2 let's not get chippy with each other. BD was test last night and passed the test. They are an unbelievable team with unbelievable talent. They have not gotten this far on luck. 

Warren is a different team then when they played BD the first time. .

This is the playoffs people an no game is going to be easy exactly when u are playing MIC teams. 

Edited by warren05
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure what you mean by BD got "exposed."  The Giants played a pretty terrible first half and still won by 13, a team which Warren lost to by 9.  I covered the game last night and I wouldn't say the Giants were exposed in any way, I would just say that this was the tournament and LC fought their tails off trying to save their season.  

BD and WC will both be ready to play as this is a great rivalry.  History means nothing when these two play.  We can count on one hand the number of blowouts we've seen in 2 decades between these two, and I expect Friday night to be another one for the history books.

Shame this one isn't happening in LOS.

• Upvote 1

I know. I'm looking forward to the game Friday night myself. May the best rival win!!! Let's go Warriors!!! Slay the Giants!!!!

4 minutes ago, WC Warrior said:

I know. I'm looking forward to the game Friday night myself. May the best rival win!!! 

Agreed...although I'm partial to the Giants, I'm expecting a much closer game this time.

8 hours ago, warren05 said:

Warren is a different team then when they played BD the first time

You think Ben is the same team that played Warren first time? Of course not. And that's the fun of having two quality teams, going at it for the second time in a season. You get to see the coaches work here. They have to get the team focused, and most of all they have to go into the game, with a plan, that the players buy into, and can execute. Probably wont be too many changes, for either team, just better execution of what each team does best. And hope you can stop the other offense. Should be good game if coaches do their jobs.

Ben Davis will be fine, but Warren is tons better than they were the first time around. Let's look at the game though, vs. LC.

First of all, the first meeting was much closer than the 42-7 game that showed on the scoreboard. Meredith was inaccurate and appeared to be playing in a great deal of pain. It was 28-7 deep into the third quarter, as I recall. BD scored, I think, 14 in the 4th including a garbage time touchdown to make it 42-7.

Kyle Neddenriep predicted a 31-20 final score this time because of the way LC was able to move the ball on BD's defense in the first game, and the Bears did it again this time. They moved the ball very well in the first half, and the Giants looked sluggish and disinterested (check out Inside Ben Davis Football from last week, and you'll hear a concerned Coach Kirschner). BD had two empty drives (and a TD called back on a blindside block penalty in the second half). They were a different team in the second half. The defense bowed up, and the offense played LC's keep away game by running the football and sustaining long drives. The D did exactly what it didn't do in the first half. It gave up a few more big plays, but it never broke. They pitched a shutout and set the tone from the start of the half. 

Let's not get this twisted. I was VERY proud of this BD team and the way it handled its business in the second half.

Finally, Coach Peebles took a number of risks in this game. He onside kicked. He went for a touchdown when conventional wisdom said kick field goals. He gets a crazy hail-mary type play at the end of the first half that gets LC at the 1 yard line with 1.3 seconds left in the half. LC played a whale of a football game. They had nothing to be ashamed of and should hold their heads high. I was so impressed with them.

Bottom line, Johnny Adams still gashed LC's run defense, and, while LC slowed down Person and Mimms, those two can still make you pay. Reese Taylor still made some big plays. You still have to deal with Tunstill, Emerson, Thompson, and Harris in the passing game. BD's kicker, Isaac Torres, is perfect on field goals. The Giants are still pretty darn good even though LC "exposed" them.

Like I said up front, I expect a close, hard-fought game at BD on Friday because Warren is the second-best team in the state of Indiana. They are more than capable of beating the Giants in a win-or-go-home situation, and I would expect they'll be ready to give the Giants their best shot. BD had better be ready to take it.

What's ridiculous is that these three teams are in the same Sectional. LC, WC, and BD are all good enough to win the State Championship and only one of them survives to next week. 

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Upvote 1

Ben Davis was slowed by a defense with the #1 or #2  rated player from indiana  depending on the website. And the d lineman who is a purdue recruit.  Im not sure Warren has the  D that LC had this year. Defense is what it will take to beat the giants. Not sure there is a team that can slow them down enough. I think they have the O that can outscore anyone. And that is probably what will happen.   Will take a effort that i'm not sure any team has left in them. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Ben Davis was slowed by a defense with the #1 or #2  rated player from indiana  depending on the website. And the d lineman who is a purdue recruit.  Im not sure Warren has the  D that LC had this year. Defense is what it will take to beat the giants. Not sure there is a team that can slow them down enough. I think they have the O that can outscore anyone. And that is probably what will happen.   Will take a effort that i'm not sure any team has left in them. 

Last year, if you took away Reese Taylor's ability to run, you forced BD to beat you through the air with a BD defense that wasn't nearly as good as this year's D to face your offense.

This year, Reese Taylor hasn't even needed to run. He's had a three-headed monster with a healthy Adams and Person plus Mimms behind him. Stop that and Taylor is going to toss it to Thompson or Tunstill or Hoskins who can turn a 10 yard toss into a YAC TD. Then you have to be ready to stop them (and Harris too) over the top.

The BD offense is a D Coordinator's nightmare. 

Edited by BDGiant93

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Stop that and Taylor is going to toss it to Thompson or Tunstill or Emerson who can turn a 10 yard toss into a YAC TD.

I think you mean Hoskins, but it'd be nice to have Stori back on this team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IRishParent said:

This game wont be close. BD by 14.  Whose next.

Well why even play the game. Shoot why don't we just get the trophy and have a presentation ceremony on friday. 

28 minutes ago, warren05 said:

Well why even play the game. Shoot why don't we just get the trophy and have a presentation ceremony on friday. 

Thats what Ive been saying since the first week.  Finally someone who sarcastically agrees with me..LOL...All jokes aside, no one can touch BD this year.  Way to much firepower, way to many ways to beat you..BD has a 4x100 team, Warren has a 4x200 they have to play perfect.  Bell and JuJu are wonderful players, unfortunately thats not enough.

21 hours ago, BDAlum04 said:

I think you mean Hoskins, but it'd be nice to have Stori back on this team. 

Yep. LOL

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

MIC NETWORK GAME OF THE WEEK!

Would have been surprised if it wasnt

@BDGiant93 will the Ben Davis Culinary Students be grilling up some food tonight? The last time i was there they had grilled wings and Rib-Eye sandwich 

32 minutes ago, IRishParent said:

42-20. BD

Edited by warren05

29 minutes ago, warren05 said:

You know David Bell and JuJu have no answers for BD..Pick your poison on that team.

2 minutes ago, IRishParent said:

You know David Bell and JuJu have no answers for BD..Pick your poison on that team.

if you say so.