• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
Moonshiners

Sectional 40: Southridge @ Mater Dei

I am going to say that SR wins this game in a kind of matter of fact, blue collar way........The Raiders will control the game clock with their running game, and of course with some timely play action passing here and there.  I also think the Raider defense will be up to the task as well getting a stop or two when they need it........In the end I like SR in this one say 31-17.  Good luck Raiders

I like both the Linebackers at SR..Calvert #28, and Seger #9.... all over the place.. all the time.. .and make the tackle.  #66 Hartke was very good too.. and Harter at Safety was very good in run support as well.   Actually.. they are a pretty dang good defensive team!!!   Unfortunate for us Miner fans I see 28 is a soph and 9 a junior!! 

12 hours ago, Patriot74 said:

I am going to say that SR wins this game in a kind of matter of fact, blue collar way........The Raiders will control the game clock with their running game, and of course with some timely play action passing here and there.  I also think the Raider defense will be up to the task as well getting a stop or two when they need it........In the end I like SR in this one say 31-17.  Good luck Raiders

Finally something we can agree on. 

This game could go either way but with fingers crossed and lucky rabbit's foot in my pocket, picking my Wildcats 28 - 21.

As others have already mentioned, the D that can get a timely stop or two comes out ahead.  Neither team turns ball over all the much and both can put pts on the board.  As is often the case in high school football, team with fewer mistakes probably comes out on top.

Good luck to both teams for a well-played and injury free game.

• Upvote 1

You heard it here first ... PAC sweeps SIAC tonight!  GO RAIDERS and GO TITANS!  

Edited by Captain Cabinets
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Halftime

MD 21

SR 16

MD 2 turnovers (1 F, 1 Int)

SR 1 turnovers (1 F)

Edited by MSG C

Hot dam, Southridge sure knows how to s*ck the fun out of a Friday night.  Congrats on the win, and good luck in regionals.

Edited by Moonshiners
  • Upvote 1

Wow...what a game.  One of the best high school football games I’ve ever watched.  Raiders wanted it more.  Played with a lot of heart.  Didn’t panic when they were down 12 in the 2nd half....Mater Dei is a great team with a lot of weapons...proud of the Raiders tonight.

Congrats to the Raiders!  From the final score it looks like it was one heck of a ball game.  Well earned sectional title!  

• Upvote 1

That game needing an overtime is so typical of the way MD vs SR games have gone this past decade. I've had a night to sleep on it and I still don't know what to say...kind of like getting drunk and taking a ride in the clothes dryer.  

• Upvote 1

Congrats to the Raiders who came up with 3 INTs and a timely stop in OT to take this one from the Wildcats.  Always hate when MD football season comes to an end but SR will be a good representative from So Indiana.  Good luck in Regionals and, quite likely, Semi-State as well.

• Upvote 1

I know most of the "tri-state" was at the "marquee" Gibson Southern v Memorial showdown- but for those that came to this game it was unreal. I've been around a lot of football in my life- and this was one of the best I've seen. 

• Upvote 1

I watched the replay yesterday.whatca game indeed.  Seeing those Harter keepers heading down the field was deja vouz!  Schank's pick was a big play the Southridge.  Seemed mater dei was on the March and had some momentum.   I couldn't believe that penalty at the end on the raiders that took them out of field goal range. I was waiting for Dubon to come in.  That would have been a bigger deal had mater dei won.  Again congrats to the raiders.  Playing providence I see....I am familiar with them from linton's week 9 win.

3 minutes ago, Miner Pride said:

I watched the replay yesterday.whatca game indeed.  Seeing those Harter keepers heading down the field was deja vouz!  Schank's pick was a big play the Southridge.  Seemed mater dei was on the March and had some momentum.   I couldn't believe that penalty at the end on the raiders that took them out of field goal range. I was waiting for Dubon to come in.  That would have been a bigger deal had mater dei won.  Again congrats to the raiders.  Playing providence I see....I am familiar with them from linton's week 9 win.

You think we can beat them ?

4 minutes ago, War Daddy said:

I do not think it will be close if Southridge plays like they have been, however Providence reminds me a lot of North Posey, just not as many formations and trick plays. 

It was 32-6 with about 10 minutes in the 4th. I feel like we thought it was over. Next thing you know, a kick touchdown, a fumble  returned for a touchdown, a Linton touchdown, a passing touchdown, and a blocked punt that leads to another passing td.

They have some athletes, but should not be much of a problem if you contain their running back, as I would compare him to #5 from North Posey.

16 hours ago, War Daddy said:

indeed....  Linton had them completely shut down for 3+ quarters.. then let up. Plus they went to the passing game which I wondered why they hadn't up to that point.  Lots of deep passes to their tall receivers.  They do have a nice RB though...but I love the Raider D.  Gives me some solace that 2 of our 4 losses came to a team the caliber of Southridge.  

17 hours ago, War Daddy said:

Since we agree on things these days!!!!  Southridge very handily beats Providence in the regional!!!  I would like to think the score would be 42-14, or at least that's my prediction.  Is there not a thread about this game (SR vs Prov)??

56 minutes ago, Patriot74 said:

Since we agree on things these days!!!!  Southridge very handily beats Providence in the regional!!!  I would like to think the score would be 42-14, or at least that's my prediction.  Is there not a thread about this game (SR vs Prov)??

No there is not, fire it up Toast Master !

On 11/1/2017 at 1:49 PM, Miner Pride said:

I like both the Linebackers at SR..Calvert #28, and Seger #9.... all over the place.. all the time.. .and make the tackle.  #66 Hartke was very good too.. and Harter at Safety was very good in run support as well.   Actually.. they are a pretty dang good defensive team!!!   Unfortunate for us Miner fans I see 28 is a soph and 9 a junior!! 

On 11/5/2017 at 7:30 PM, Miner Pride said:

On 11/5/2017 at 7:47 PM, miner_35 said:

I do not think it will be close if Southridge plays like they have been, however Providence reminds me a lot of North Posey, just not as many formations and trick plays. 

It was 32-6 with about 10 minutes in the 4th. I feel like we thought it was over. Next thing you know, a kick touchdown, a fumble  returned for a touchdown, a Linton touchdown, a passing touchdown, and a blocked punt that leads to another passing td.

They have some athletes, but should not be much of a problem if you contain their running back, as I would compare him to #5 from North Posey.

On 11/6/2017 at 11:44 AM, Miner Pride said:

indeed....  Linton had them completely shut down for 3+ quarters.. then let up. Plus they went to the passing game which I wondered why they hadn't up to that point.  Lots of deep passes to their tall receivers.  They do have a nice RB though...but I love the Raider D.  Gives me some solace that 2 of our 4 losses came to a team the caliber of Southridge.  

Linton fans:  it’s over

its been over for a couple of weeks.

let the other teams have the spotlight.  The balance of the footballl world does not exist only due to its relationship with the Miners.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

19 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Let the other teams have the spotlight.  The balance of the footballl world does not exist only due to its relationship with the Miners.

Seriously.. you don't think we know it's over?  Jeez.. we're just doing some comparison with what we saw when we played the team they are playing Friday.  I thought we were here to talk football? If your team if out it's against policy to keep talking football?  I think I've done nothing but shed some light on Providence to the Southridge folks.. same for Fountain Central with Eastern Greene.  part of that is the fact we played them.  Unlike so many others on the Gridiron.. I don't fold up tent and bail once my team is gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

let the other teams have the spotlight.  The balance of the footballl world does not exist only due to its relationship with the Miners.

They are bringing interesting info about teams they played. If you had read everything you might have noticed that Southridge fans had actually asked questions and they replied. What exactly have you provided to this thread? 

• Thanks 1