• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
CharlieTweeder

Sect 42 final LCC @ Pioneer

4 hours ago, Redzone10 said:

Pioneer 65

LCC 14

Man 50 points and I'm going to be wet and cold. 

1 hour ago, Farmer Fran said:

I'm pretty sure cowboy collars used to be standard issue!

"used to be"??????

any chance this is streamed online anywhere??  I could actually listen/watch this one Friday!!

1 hour ago, Miner Pride said:

any chance this is streamed online anywhere??  I could actually listen/watch this one Friday!!

Saw this posted on FB:

Information has been received that RTCtv4 will be providing a live webcast of the Sectional Championship game this Friday!  So out-of-towners plan your evening online!

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the links !!

Are there any issues with injuries?  Any issues with depth?  2 way players?   I may have flashbacks to last year by watching #7 carry the ball for the Pioneers!

LCC is pretty healthy for this time of year and the schedule they've faced.

Hearing LCC player was interviewed on radio and when asked about Pioneer he said "we're going to run up the middle and stuff it down their throats"

personally, I would've expected to hear air-raid siren, but they may send in the infantry for a ground assault!  

:10_v:

Interesting 

20 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Hearing LCC player was interviewed on radio and when asked about Pioneer he said "we're going to run up the middle and stuff it down their throats"

personally, I would've expected to hear air-raid siren, but they may send in the infantry for a ground assault!  

:10_v:

Interesting 

Image result for it's a bold strategy cotton

• Haha 1

Well.... that wòuld b one way to keep the score down .... another would b.... to play some DEFENSE  .... LoL

• Upvote 2

Who's the underdog here??

LCC plays much tougher schedule and already ousted two teams with combined record of 14-4

I'm thinking Pioneer has to find a way to control ball and score some points.  LCC always plays wing t teams tough.

too close to call 

play here or there will prob be the difference

turnovers as always will be critical 

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36732536/central-catholic-pioneer-battle-for-sectional-crown

Pretty BOLD statement.  This is the type of thing that really makes one laugh at LCC requesting a running clock against WL.  Tough guys only when the goings good?  Tap out when its bad?  

Edited by takkle4
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, takkle4 said:

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36732536/central-catholic-pioneer-battle-for-sectional-crown

Pretty BOLD statement.  This is the type of thing that really makes one laugh at LCC requesting a running clock against WL.  Tough guys only when the goings good?  Tap out when its bad?  

Except that in this case, the player is making the call ... in the case of the running clock, it was a coach that called for it ... not the players.  Two different sources ... and the one that remains needs to be the one that folks focus on.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

Except that in this case, the player is making the call ... in the case of the running clock, it was a coach that called for it ... not the players.  Two different sources ... and the one that remains needs to be the one that folks focus on.

Say what you want, its being hypocritical.  LCC as a program loses respect because of instances just like this.  An outsider would think losing 7 games in a season by big margins would have given a lesson of humility.  Guess not.  I know many will look forward to watching the game to see if this player can back up his chatter.

• Downvote 1

Now I wish I was going to RC on Friday..........

• Haha 1

Just now, takkle4 said:

Say what you want, its being hypocritical.  LCC as a program loses respect because of instances just like this.  An outsider would think losing 7 games in a season by big margins would have given a lesson of humility.  Guess not.  I know many will look forward to watching the game to see if this player can back up his chatter.

If LCC gets beat, it will take its lumps ... the way it always has. 

The kid probably should have said, "With our line size we expect to dominate the line" and then stop ... instead, he added what every player says in the huddle in the heat of battle and in chalk talk and on the practice field ... we're going to take the ball and shove it down, or in his case "up", their throats.  If a coach said it in an interview, yeah, you probably have a point.  For an 18 year old kid who probably got asked the question on the fly, I think I'm going to give him and the program a bit of a slide on it ... especially given that up the throat is awkward.  

Eventually the game is played on the field and not on GID, TV, or in newspapers.  That's why they hire the refs, print the tickets, and don't post the scores in MaxPreps until they are over.   The saying always goes, "To be the best, you have to beat the best."  This year LCC knows, and is grateful, that it will get the opportunity to be the one that has to do the beating as opposed to being the one that has to be beat.  None of that is lost on LCC and, if anyone feels that LCC doesn't know that, then they don't really know LCC.  

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

If LCC gets beat, it will take its lumps ... the way it always has. 

The kid probably should have said, "With our line size we expect to dominate the line" and then stop ... instead, he added what every player says in the huddle in the heat of battle and in chalk talk and on the practice field ... we're going to take the ball and shove it down, or in his case "up", their throats.  If a coach said it in an interview, yeah, you probably have a point.  For an 18 year old kid who probably got asked the question on the fly, I think I'm going to give him and the program a bit of a slide on it ... especially given that up the throat is awkward.  

Eventually the game is played on the field and not on GID, TV, or in newspapers.  That's why they hire the refs, print the tickets, and don't post the scores in MaxPreps until they are over.   The saying always goes, "To be the best, you have to beat the best."  This year LCC knows, and is grateful, that it will get the opportunity to be the one that has to do the beating as opposed to being the one that has to be beat.  None of that is lost on LCC and, if anyone feels that LCC doesn't know that, then they don't really know LCC.  

Everyone knows things are said privately in film rooms, locker rooms, huddles, etc.  

And we all know he almost slipped and said "up the arse!", but that wouldn't have been the good catholic thing to do.

For a Senior who has been in the LCC system the last 4 years, around great players on great teams with great coaches, he sure didn't pay attention to the example they set.  O'shea, Mills, Strong, Anthrop, Cronk, etc never seemed to get caught on the fly.  But they never thought of waiving a white flag either.  

• Downvote 1

I do recall ole 09er saying "bulletin board, bulletin board"

I believe the game is decided between the lines, but by the same token the game between the ears (or in this case under the nose) can have an impact :04_v:

1 hour ago, takkle4 said:

There was only 1 person in the program who requested that to happen. That 1 person is no longer a part of the program. 

There are a lot glass houses around here. Can't blame the Kid for being fired up. In 2012, Coach Johnson said "Carroll has the best athletes we will see" (09er blew that quote up for months). Fast forward 7 days, 38-7...Oops, guess that didn't stay in the film room either. People make mistakes.

LCC is a 30 point dog in this one. Last week, we gave up a heck of a lot of points up to a wing T team that doesn't bode well for this week.

Edited by LCCAlum
  • Upvote 1

"We're gonna run up it up your throats 2.7 yards and a cloud of dust at a time."

"Carroll has the athletes, we will see" isn't even close to "we're gonna run it up their throats".

Thats Apples to Oranges.

Coach Johnson was telling Timmy Mills, Will Jones, Jackson Anthrop, Etc that Carroll had better athletes than them. 

LCC player believes his OL is better than Pioneers DL. 

Lots of apples ripe for the picking.

Perhaps the media cut off the rest of the quote "In the 4th quarter against the JV team". Hardnews stations need to drive viewership.

PROJECT A MATCHUP
[2017] Pioneer (Royal Center, IN) 41, [2017] Lafayette Central Catholic (Lafayette, IN) 14

Edited by LCCAlum

18 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

I do recall ole 09er saying "bulletin board, bulletin board"

I believe the game is decided between the lines, but by the same token the game between the ears (or in this case under the nose) can have an impact :04_v:

Given the type of program that Pioneer has and its long, storied history, I would not expect "bulletin board" anything to enter into its gameplan.  The good programs don't typically need it and it's seen as a distraction.  For the fans, well perhaps that's a different story and, love him or hate him, 09er was the "fanatic" in fan.  Never boring. 

7 minutes ago, Andy G said:

"We're gonna run up it up your throats 2.7 yards and a cloud of dust at a time."

Pretty extravagant there ... 2.6 will do the trick. :07_v:

1 hour ago, takkle4 said:

30 minutes ago, takkle4 said:

Everyone knows things are said privately in film rooms, locker rooms, huddles, etc.  

And we all know he almost slipped and said "up the arse!", but that wouldn't have been the good catholic thing to do.

For a Senior who has been in the LCC system the last 4 years, around great players on great teams with great coaches, he sure didn't pay attention to the example they set.  O'shea, Mills, Strong, Anthrop, Cronk, etc never seemed to get caught on the fly.  But they never thought of waiving a white flag either.  

I love it.

Not sure how you define "big margins" but it looks to me that 2 or 3 of their 7 losses were by big margins. One of which to a 6A school. Then again, I guess a Pioneer local would be able to identify a big margin when they see one. Did I see an 80-0 score this year? Nice! 

How quickly we forget that one of Pioneer's best players in the history of the program was Catholic in BW. But hey.. You're the one pointing out the hypocrites!

Really excited to watch this one. I can't wait to see all the humility on here regardless of the result!

• Upvote 3