• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 

Recommended Posts

If we had Onken as our head coach we could very well could be 8-3 coming into this game. Losing to WL Jeff and Rensy but could have been different outcome with the offense we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These have been the top 2 teams in 1A North for 10+ years, really no secrets. LCC will get some yards in the air between the 20’s. The key will be scoring on big plays. Without much of a run threat Pioneer will be hard to score on in the red zone. Pioneer’s line is smaller than usual for them but probably works to their advantage with downfield blocking. If LCC try’s to stuff the run we’ll see how much the passing game has improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pioneer didn't attempt a single pass.

Running game was clicking

Congrats Panthers and nice game LCC

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always heard that LCC is always about class.

Time out with 6 seconds left down 28 points? Seriously?

 

At least your strength of schedule got a bump

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Pioneer didn't attempt a single pass.

Running game was clicking

Congrats Panthers and nice game LCC

Wow all on the ground!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Wow all on the ground!

Yep 54 carries for 441 yds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nickelbackjack said:

I've always heard that LCC is always about class.

Time out with 6 seconds left down 28 points? Seriously?

 

At least your strength of schedule got a bump

So that's how you define class in a team?  

If I had to take a guess, it was a message to LCC's players from their coach and in direct response to an action not taken by the previous coach.  In the last game of the regular season, LCC had just given up a late TD which put Heights up by 13 points.  With roughly a minute and a half left in the game, LCC had Heights pinned deep in their own territory ... if I recall correctly down around the 10 or so.  Rather than use the timeouts to give LCC a shot at getting the ball back ... it was 3rd down ... he just let the clock run down.  Former players, with blue rings, were in the stands questioning that call vigorously.  That was the last game that he coached for the Knights.  Again, I didn't see it ... was at a dance performance tonight for my daughter, but given what's happened this season, it would not surprise me if that's exactly why that event happened.  The last action of this season and the first statement for next season ... something to build on.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foxbat said:

So that's how you define class in a team?  

If I had to take a guess, it was a message to LCC's players from their coach and in direct response to an action not taken by the previous coach.  In the last game of the regular season, LCC had just given up a late TD which put Heights up by 13 points.  With roughly a minute and a half left in the game, LCC had Heights pinned deep in their own territory ... if I recall correctly down around the 10 or so.  Rather than use the timeouts to give LCC a shot at getting the ball back ... it was 3rd down ... he just let the clock run down.  Former players, with blue rings, were in the stands questioning that call vigorously.  That was the last game that he coached for the Knights.  Again, I didn't see it ... was at a dance performance tonight for my daughter, but given what's happened this season, it would not surprise me if that's exactly why that event happened.  The last action of this season and the first statement for next season ... something to build on.

I knew one of you would have an.....ex....planation. :14_v:

You did see the part where you were down 28 points and there was only 6 seconds left, right?

Just checking.

 

Stay classy, LCC

 

  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nickelbackjack said:

I knew one of you would have an.....ex....planation. :14_v:

You did see the part where you were down 28 points and there was only 6 seconds left, right?

Just checking.

 

Stay classy, LCC

 

Way to find a way to complain on a dominating win. Keep striking that iron.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nickelbackjack said:

I'm not complaining about a dominating win.

I was expecting it.

 

 

And humble to boot.

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nickelbackjack said:

I'm not lacking in humility.

I was merely stating a fact.

 

I knew you would have an.....ex....planation. :14_v:

18 minutes ago, Mike Runyon said:

Yep 54 carries for 441 yds

Impressive display ... especially with no pass attempts.  I'm not seeing anyone in the north that will be able to blunt Pioneer's attempt at LOS.  Not sure, with maybe the exception of Lutheran, anyone in 1A that has a chance of slowing them down.  Anyone familiar with any teams from the south enough to tell whether they have any hope at all?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

It started with one of your players boasting that they were going to run it up(?) our throats.

Ended with your coach taking a timeout with 6 seconds left down 28.

And I'm the one lacking in humility?

Got it, chief.

 

 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I knew you would have an.....ex....planation. :14_v:

Impressive display ... especially with no pass attempts.  I'm not seeing anyone in the north that will be able to blunt Pioneer's attempt at LOS.  Not sure, with maybe the exception of Lutheran, anyone in 1A that has a chance of slowing them down.  Anyone familiar with any teams from the south enough to tell whether they have any hope at all?

Lutheran has been my South choice since last season ended. I think they’re the only team with a shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

So that's how you define class in a team?  

If I had to take a guess, it was a message to LCC's players from their coach and in direct response to an action not taken by the previous coach.  In the last game of the regular season, LCC had just given up a late TD which put Heights up by 13 points.  With roughly a minute and a half left in the game, LCC had Heights pinned deep in their own territory ... if I recall correctly down around the 10 or so.  Rather than use the timeouts to give LCC a shot at getting the ball back ... it was 3rd down ... he just let the clock run down.  Former players, with blue rings, were in the stands questioning that call vigorously.  That was the last game that he coached for the Knights.  Again, I didn't see it ... was at a dance performance tonight for my daughter, but given what's happened this season, it would not surprise me if that's exactly why that event happened.  The last action of this season and the first statement for next season ... something to build on.

You didn't miss much!  I watched some of the game online and LCC was trying to score at the end of the game and had a chance to score, but it didn't work.  LCC did nothing wrong  and was just trying to have something to build on  for next year.   They game went about how I thought it would.  This was the worst defense I have seen from LCC since 2004.  This reminded me of the LCC/Seeger game in 2004.  Seeger beat LCC 50-28 that year and went on to win state over Ritter 20-7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to watch this game online. Kiser was good as advertised. The Pioneer offensive line does an outstanding job and the other backs run extremely hard as well. I will say that their pass defense is pretty suspect. I don't think anyone beats Pioneer this year but I could see Southwood giving them some issues if they beat Monroe Central.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I knew you would have an.....ex....planation. :14_v:

Impressive display ... especially with no pass attempts.  I'm not seeing anyone in the north that will be able to blunt Pioneer's attempt at LOS.  Not sure, with maybe the exception of Lutheran, anyone in 1A that has a chance of slowing them down.  Anyone familiar with any teams from the south enough to tell whether they have any hope at all?

I'm not so sure about that. Southwood and Monroe Central were both pretty impressive tonight. That's going to be a heck of a game next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nickelbackjack said:

 

 

It started with one of your players boasting that they were going to run it up(?) our throats.

Ended with your coach taking a timeout with 6 seconds left down 28.

And I'm the one lacking in humility?

Got it, chief.

 

 

Wow you won the game by 28 points . We told you it would be a 30 pt game. A timeout with 6 seconds left is what you want to bring up. YOu have know Idea what these kids have gone through this year. And it has nothing to do with the wins and losses. There is way more to the story with the previous head coach that you don't know. So if the new coach wants to show his players that HE is not going to quit on them and call a time out so be it. It had Nothing to do with Pioneer  and what the score was or time, But you don't say anything about the respect the two teams have for each other after the game when they came together at mid field  before the trophy presentation. At least the coaches, players and most fans showed respect and had class unlike you.

Edited by Paccolpur
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Paccolpur said:

Wow you won the game by 28 points . We told you it would be a 30 pt game. A timeout with 6 seconds left is what you want to bring up. YOu have know Idea what these kids have gone through this year. And it has nothing to do with the wins and losses. There is way more to the story with the previous head coach that you don't know. So if the new coach wants to show his players that HE is not going to quit on them and call a time out so be it. It had Nothing to do with Pioneer  and what the score was or time.

No I don't know what happened within your team. Nor do I care. But i do know the proper sportsmanship display when you are down 28 points with 6 seconds left. 

There are other ways to send your message to your team. I've watched literally hundreds of football games and practically every coach in that situation lets the clock run out.

I don't believe it means they quit on their players.

I think it's a show of respect to the other team.

 

  • Downvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickelbackjack said:

I've always heard that LCC is always about class.

Time out with 6 seconds left down 28 points? Seriously?

 

At least your strength of schedule got a bump

Myself, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Play till the whistle blows and the clock shows 00:00. 

Don't forget that there are seniors on that losing team. That in all likelihood have just played their last game of organized football. Maybe it was for the chance to get some of them in the game, or just one more play. 

One thing I do know is that both schools have pride and class!

  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Knight defense was a no show ... not a single punt by the Panthers ?  The O was respectable and was surprisrd at STeams .... LCC lost 2 of the 3 facets badly .... The Panther running game is impressive and who knows if they can pass .... they may not need too .... i dont think its as strong a running game as RCs title team ..... but still impressive.... they r def vulerable to the pass ..... they could b taken out ... jus not sure if ther is anyone left w the right skill sets to do it .... nice win Panthers ... looked like a coulple injuries hopefully minor. The Knights will jus have to get better ... or get used to it    :)  With a decent D and solid ST play think they could have givin em a game ... credit goes to Pioneer ... good game.... good luck...

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicklebackjack,

Congrats, swing your manhood around. Stop trying to give a lesson on humility to LCC you’re doing a poor job of it. You seem to forgotten about 09-15 vs LCC. Your humbleness rivals that of 09er. In fact, here’s a reminder how how not humble I’ll be, the score of program status is 7-1

As for the rest of the Pioneer Faithful,

You have a really good team. Good Luck and finish the job this year.

 

This game turned out as expected. Pioneer moves on and LCC is looking for a head coach. It wouldn’t be a problem in my eyes to see Onken at the helm. Objective 1. Tackling practice.

Edited by LCCAlum
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

The Knight defense was a no show ... not a single punt by the Panthers ?  The O was respectable and was surprisrd at STeams .... LCC lost 2 of the 3 facets badly .... The Panther running game is impressive and who knows if they can pass .... they may not need too .... i dont think its as strong a running game as RCs title team ..... but still impressive.... they r def vulerable to the pass ..... they could b taken out ... jus not sure if ther is anyone left w the right skill sets to do it .... nice win Panthers ... looked like a coulple injuries hopefully minor. The Knights will jus have to get better ... or get used to it    :)  With a decent D and solid ST play think they could have givin em a game ... credit goes to Pioneer ... good game.... good luck...

There is 1 team they can't sleep on if they are vulnerable to a passing team and that is Southwood man can Blair toss the rock..offense is averaging 50ppg they have a very elite passing attack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.