• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

1 hour ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Darn MLBs cuting in the hole!  Wish we had your crew when we played Andrean and NP (for some reason Im thinking them too...maybe not them) a few years back.  Thats all they would do when we ran our version of 34 iso.  the only difference was, we ran it out of a full house backfield and had 2 fbs coming at ya..  the mlbs just cut our lead blockers and created a pile and let the backside B make all the plays.  I cant tell you how many times I asked the refs to watch it.  it was never called.

whats that?  

I R 34 Iso?

In the past, it was an actual play for RDP...... who knows....maybe it still is.

They ran it.  Told you when they were running it.  How they were going to run it.  Where they were going to run it.  And on what count.  Good luck.  Here.  We.  Come.  Stop us!

That is absolutely accurate. Worked Lowell’s 2007 14-8 sectional win vs. Plymouth at the Rockpile. I think Grubbe carried it about 40 times between the tackles. One of the hardest hitting games I ever worked. Absolutely brutal exhibition of smash mouth football.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NpCougar said:

I believe you’re right coach. I have distinct memories in 2013 where NP lineman “submarine” the two lead blockers and tackle the ball carrier for a loss. 

I think it was LB's, but anyways....dont think it mattered too much :)  Think the final was 62-0.  The NP lbs werent submaring our D :)

Really enjoyed competing vs NP.  I personall learned a TON going against a Radtke lead team.  Anytime we went 1 TE/full house bone, they went shade(N)-5-9 strong (took away our belly really well) and went 3-5 weak giving us the A gap, but that N or backside backer made every play that night.  Wish we wouldve cut the shade w weakside G, climbed to back side b w center and doubled the ps lb w our 2 lead backs, but I digress :/

2 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

I think it was LB's, but anyways....dont think it mattered too much :)  Think the final was 62-0.  The NP lbs werent submaring our D :)

Really enjoyed competing vs NP.  I personall learned a TON going against a Radtke lead team.  Anytime we went 1 TE/full house bone, they went shade(N)-5-9 strong (took away our belly really well) and went 3-5 weak giving us the A gap, but that N or backside backer made every play that night.  Wish we wouldve cut the shade w weakside G, climbed to back side b w center and doubled the ps lb w our 2 lead backs, but I digress :/

Did you coach at KV?

Just now, Cougs73 said:

Did you coach at KV?

Sure did Cougs.  For 4 years.  2012-2015 for Coach Stewart as OC.  Coach Stewart left to become DC at Lake Central and KV hired another coach.  The new coach did not see me in his long term plans.

26 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Sure did Cougs.  For 4 years.  2012-2015 for Coach Stewart as OC.  Coach Stewart left to become DC at Lake Central and KV hired another coach.  The new coach did not see me in his long term plans.

Sweet

8 hours ago, bobref said:

I’m glad someone enjoyed them. Because I can tell you from personal experience they were very difficult games to officiate.

I can only imagine with those two.  I can imagine when games are assigned there are some you look forward to more than others.

Since his name has come up a bunch on this board,  Coach Radtke going for win 350 tonight!!!  That's A LOT of W's.

Edited by NPFan
  • Thanks 2

Best match ups?  Central vs East Central will be heck of a game. 

Dwenger at Angola next week....will be a tough match.  BD played tough tonight against a determined Wayne team.  Wish I could have seen the end of the Angola/CMA game.  Was it a missed extra point or did CMA go for 2 and come up short?  Another good match-up will be NP/Lowell.  Can't beat November HS football games!

6 minutes ago, thakilla said:

Best match ups?  Central vs East Central will be heck of a game. 

New Prairie @ Lowell won’t *%#!?* either 

1 minute ago, Gipper said:

New Prairie @ Lowell won’t *%#!?* either 

Maybe I should have said it will be neat-o...

6 minutes ago, drb323 said:

Dwenger at Angola next week....will be a tough match.  BD played tough tonight against a determined Wayne team.  Wish I could have seen the end of the Angola/CMA game.  Was it a missed extra point or did CMA go for 2 and come up short?  Another good match-up will be NP/Lowell.  Can't beat November HS football games!

CMA had FG blocked in regulation.  Game went into OT.  CMA scored first in OT and missed PAT.  Angola scores and makes PAT to win.  Great game between two well coached teams and kids that played with passion over 4 plus quarters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm sure at this point all the games will be great.  I'm biased of course, but the NP vs Lowell game could be epic.  NP outrushed  SB St. Joe 400 to 14 tonight and Lowell dismantled Griffith.

• Upvote 1

Angola vs Dwenger could be a great game...Dwenger will have the edge as far as used to playing in these types of games and caliber of teams they've faced but wouldn't be surprised if Angola beats them they are legit and came out on top out of one of the toughest sectionals in 4A should be a good one

5 hours ago, NPFan said:

I'm sure at this point all the games will be great.  I'm biased of course, but the NP vs Lowell game could be epic.  NP outrushed  SB St. Joe 400 to 14 tonight and Lowell dismantled Griffith.

NP won’t get 400 yards rushing on Lowell. Their defense is that good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

IMO it’s about who can wear down the other defense by the fourth quarter. Buckle your chin strap kind of football that Lowell is accustomed to. 400 yards rushing no, but it could be a game where a timely 60 yard scamper can change the complexion of the game for either team. Cougars cannot let Lowell get up early on them, too good of a team that can put you away by steady methodical running. Both championship caliber teams going at it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NpCougar said:

IMO it’s about who can wear down the other defense by the fourth quarter. Buckle your chin strap kind of football that Lowell is accustomed to. 400 yards rushing no, but it could be a game where a timely 60 yard scamper can change the complexion of the game for either team. Cougars cannot let Lowell get up early on them, too good of a team that can put you away by steady methodical running. Both championship caliber teams going at it. 

This will be an epic match-up.

• Upvote 1

The Inferno - an interesting place to see a football game at.  Great atmosphere and sure it will be an outstanding game.  

• Upvote 2

On November 2, 2017 at 1:19 AM, komets3001 said:

Certainly was not meaning to dismiss Dwenger at all, they are good, but Culver just might be a bit better...

On no I didn't take it as a dismiss to the Saints, I felt the same way. 

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

No.  I wouldn't expect them too.  I posted it more for the fact that St. Joe had 14 yards rushing on the night.  The offense gets lots of attention but the defense has really been stepping up.

1 minute ago, NPFan said:

No.  I wouldn't expect them too.  I posted it more for the fact that St. Joe had 14 yards rushing on the night.  The offense gets lots of attention but the defense has really been stepping up.

Great D on SBSJ.  Again, should be a whale of a game: good luck!! 

56 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

The Inferno - an interesting place to see a football game at.  Great atmosphere and sure it will be an outstanding game.  

Better save your seats now, gonna be SRO.

5 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Great D on SBSJ.  Again, should be a whale of a game: good luck!! 

Better save your seats now, gonna be SRO.

How many people are you talking about?  Just curious what other crowds look like?

• Upvote 1

It’s not very big, I’d say less than 4000.

3 hours ago, thakilla said:

How many people are you talking about?  Just curious what other crowds look like?

Good question you asked.  Football is very big up here, and although the Inferno’s seating capacity (4000 is just a guess) is somewhat limited, it’s only a 4A school, while our 6A brethren (Crown Point, Lake Central, and Merrilville’s Demaree Stadium) are larger.  Ames Field in Michigan City also is a big draw.

Edited by Gipper

4 hours ago, Indian72 said:

I'm partial to there fire that that flows out of the scoreboard after touchdowns

Who will win the special Team Battle versus Lowell in new Prairie?

Both have very good players very good schemes and very good coaches

4 hours ago, Indian72 said:

The Inferno? Who is playing at Tipton's basketball gym?

Edited by Fballfan15
  • Downvote 1