• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland
Peter Simon Veeder

11-1 Fountain Central at 9-3* Eastern Greene

7 minutes ago, FCFAN1990 said:

Looks like McCollum is back this week.  

I heard there was a chance if FC made to next week. What a boost that would be!

6 hours ago, 85 Mustang said:

I guess the only question I have after all the info you have given, (thank you very much by the way) is have they faced a team with a REALLY good passing attack, and how well do they defend it?  I'm hoping this is a weakness FC could possibly capitalize on.  It sounds to me like a battle of size vs speed and should be very interesting.  I think FCs biggest weakness would have to be depth, I think there are 26 kids on the roster give or take. I've seen a lot of posts saying this team isn't  one of the great FC teams, but honestly, other than the numbers I think this is a very dangerous team, and if they stay healthy won't go down easy.  Our game with North Vermillion was a good example of what just a couple of injuries can do,  I think FC won that one by just one score and were pretty beat up going into that one. Not to take anything away from NV, but they're not the team they were just a couple of years ago. Then you look at what FC did to Attica last week and you see the other end of the health spectrum. Now, if only we had Mason McCollum back, can't imagine how the Mustangs would be if he were playing.

Agreed. I have seen over and over again that this isnt one of the better FC teams. Well i'll just go ahead and disagree with that popular opinion. Yeah its a small group numbers wise. But boy for that few of players theres some talent . Well coached group on top of it makes them a dangerous opponent for anyone in 1a. I hope they can have success throwing the ball in this one but win or lose going 11 and 1 is hard to argue against when it comes to being one of the better FC teams. 

9 hours ago, 1adam12 said:

Agreed. I have seen over and over again that this isnt one of the better FC teams. Well i'll just go ahead and disagree with that popular opinion. Yeah its a small group numbers wise. But boy for that few of players theres some talent . Well coached group on top of it makes them a dangerous opponent for anyone in 1a. I hope they can have success throwing the ball in this one but win or lose going 11 and 1 is hard to argue against when it comes to being one of the better FC teams. 

I'm not going to say they are as good as the 83, 06, 09 (best team at FC ever IMO) or the 2010 team, but I think they're a lot better than people are giving them credit for.

• Upvote 1

Good luck to FC from a Webo fan.  I’d like to think our preseason scrimmage helped lay the foundation for the current success of both teams.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FCFAN1990 said:

Looks like McCollum is back this week.  

This is great for the young man to get to go out there again!  I would think too, this is a huge lift to have a leader back out there.  Can he be 100%???  Makes no difference.. I'm sure seeing him in uniform is gonna give an extra boost to the Mustangs...

1 hour ago, BigTimeDB said:

Good luck to FC from a Webo fan.  I’d like to think our preseason scrimmage helped lay the foundation for the current success of both teams.  

Good luck to the Stars as well

Unless EG has some injuries, I think they win comfortably.  The Linton score is a concern for FC fans & WRC fans as well.  I do hope I'm wrong and wish the best to FC tonight.  Not sure if there is any truth to this.......but did hear that Eastern's QB dislocated a finger on throwing hand, and they had a player leave with a broken arm in last week's game.   Anyone else hear of this?

Edited by Reb08

EG will be too much for FC to handle. The Hamilton kid is a beast and they have a very good sized offensive line. T-Birds win 40-21.

4 hours ago, Redzone10 said:

EG wins big...weak WRC conference hurts FC.

I’m calling BS on this, and so does Sagrin. EG schedule is rated slightly lower than FC.

Best of luck to all tonight... safe  journey to all the FC folks, as well as all the local fans of which I expect alot of folks from the western side of Greene over there too. Dang deer are everywhere... I have a gig in Odon..... I could just stay on i-69 and end up in Cincinnati.. but that won't pay the bills.   Any chance this is gonna be video streamed that I might catch it tomorrow!    Enjoy!

5 hours ago, Redzone10 said:

EG wins big...weak WRC conference hurts FC.

So would a weak(er) overall schedule, according to Sag, hurt EG?  WRC fan but if what I have read about the T-Birds is true, I have to go with them by 2+ scores 38-20 or somewhere in there.

Well this will be a good game i think. May as well take the mustangs to upset EG. Score 27-21. Weak schedules on both sides wont play a factor in this one. I mean outside linton theres nothing impressive about EG schedule. Nothing impressive about FC schedule either but FC beat what regardless of what people may think a good southmont team. Lost to the best south vermillion team in a very long time. A SV team that put 28 on a pretty Darn good 3a Danville team. So i dont think the schedule was just flat out weak all around. Which i mean how do you determine weak? 11 and 1 FC. 9 and 3 attica who lost twice to FC. NV was no slouch. South vermillion was pretty darn good. Yeah i dont think the conference was overall that weak. 

Several people are going with the EG beat Linton, Linton hammered NV and FC only beat NV by one score so that makes it an easy EG win. Here’s another twist.....

Fountain Central beat Southmont, who beat Lebanon, who beat Zionsville, who beat Pike who beat Center Grove. 

So maybe FC has a small chance. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:46 AM, Reb08 said:

Unless EG has some injuries, I think they win comfortably.  The Linton score is a concern for FC fans & WRC fans as well.  I do hope I'm wrong and wish the best to FC tonight.  Not sure if there is any truth to this.......but did hear that Eastern's QB dislocated a finger on throwing hand, and they had a player leave with a broken arm in last week's game.   Anyone else hear of this?

I was at the NC EG Game.. and can't say I saw any injury than a kid get blasted on a kick off... a clean hit.. but it was brutal... he was helped off.. looked like a concussion issue to me.. didn't see them holding an arm or anything like that.  Would he ashame if Hamilton did dislocate a finger on passing hand... because I think that passing game really opens the run game for Hamilton on keeprs.

Holy MOly,  I was just on the Greene County Daily World site.. and sure enough.. there is a picture from the Southwestern conference teams from the banquet that must have been held on Monday as the article is from Tuesday.  Yep.. I see Brady Anderson... a senior 2 way starter... 5'11 270 pounds at Center..and DT...  in a full arm cast on the left arm.  That cannot be a good thing for the Tbirds...  And indeed... Hamilton's right hand shows definite injury.. its wrapped up and looks like the 3rd finger is in a cast as well...  neither bode well for Eastern....

29 minutes ago, Miner Pride said:

Holy MOly,  I was just on the Greene County Daily World site.. and sure enough.. there is a picture from the Southwestern conference teams from the banquet that must have been held on Monday as the article is from Tuesday.  Yep.. I see Brady Anderson... a senior 2 way starter... 5'11 270 pounds at Center..and DT...  in a full arm cast on the left arm.  That cannot be a good thing for the Tbirds...  And indeed... Hamilton's right hand shows definite injury.. its wrapped up and looks like the 3rd finger is in a cast as well...  neither bode well for Eastern....

WOW!  Things get more interesting with that news.

Speaking of quarterbacks, Fountain Central has a pretty decent qb also. Nathan Butts has had a great junior year. Don’t know his exact numbers but he’s around 2800 passing yards and at least 600 rushing . I do think FC has a more balanced offense and is peaking at the right time. 

1 hour ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Several people are going with the EG beat Linton, Linton hammered NV and FC only beat NV by one score so that makes it an easy EG win. Here’s another twist.....

Fountain Central beat Southmont, who beat Lebanon, who beat Zionsville, who beat Pike who beat Center Grove. 

So maybe FC has a small chance. 

I think they have a great chance. Could be wrong. But im expecting close game. 

With a 2 way starter out, and I think he is a multi-year starter out tonight....I think losing 270 lb Anderson....even moreso being center all year....I think this is real bad for eg.   And if Hamilton has trouble grasping the ball let alone throwing it...I think this is even more bad news.  However if #35 can run the ball as he has...passing won't be an issue...but how much will Anderson being gone at center affect the snap, the running game, and pass protection???

And FC getting their big guy back!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Miner Pride said:

With a 2 way starter out, and I think he is a multi-year starter out tonight....I think losing 270 lb Anderson....even moreso being center all year....I think this is real bad for eg.   And if Hamilton has trouble grasping the ball let alone throwing it...I think this is even more bad news.  However if #35 can run the ball as he has...passing won't be an issue...but how much will Anderson being gone at center affect the snap, the running game, and pass protection???

And FC getting their big guy back!!!!!

This is probably the healthiest FC has been all year. 

Eastern is getting seriously outcoached early.

Never mind.  FC is recklessly blitzing every play.  Not against the rules to play with a free safety