• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley
Peter Simon Veeder

11-1 Fountain Central at 9-3* Eastern Greene

Cast or not, Anderson is playing tonight.  And Hamilton has thrown a 93 yard TD pass in this game.

8 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Cast or not, Anderson is playing tonight.  And Hamilton has thrown a 93 yard TD pass in this game.

Exactly.  Not sure why you would be playing without a free safety in that scenario.  After he caught the ball, there was nobody there.

Hamilton throws a 46 yard TD pass.  He now has 3 TD passes and 2 rushing TD's.

Eastern Greene 35

Fountain Central 13

Eastern Greene has taken total control of this game.  35 unanswered.

Eastern 35-13.  Once again, FC blitzes and a wide open TD.  I think what FC needs to do is blitz more.....its worked well so far.

2 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Eastern 35-13.  Once again, FC blitzes and a wide open TD.  I think what FC needs to do is blitz more.....its worked well so far.

Detroit! Detroit!

Congrats to the Thunderbirds for their first EVER Regional Championship.  Halfway through that first quarter it looked as though Fountain Central would run away with the game (13 - 0).  Eastern Greene never panicked and outscored the Mustangs 42 - 6 the rest of the game. I've said it before:  the defense is the biggest difference between last year and this year for Eastern Greene.  They've got some BIG boys and they are athletic.  Best of luck in the semi-state!  

Healthiest FC been all year and got blown out by a team from a weaker conference? Anyone care to explain.

2 hours ago, Redzone10 said:

Healthiest FC been all year and got blown out by a team from a weaker conference? Anyone care to explain.

Eastern is from a weak conference, but they are still a good football team. That, plus the WRC is WAYYYYY down this year.

Eastern is a good football team, but not great.  I don't understand how you give up 35 pts in a half to them??  By essentially blitzing every play, are you conceding as a coach that you don't have enough talent to line up and try to play structurally sound defense??  And the WRC was way down.  SV is not a good football team, as some have suggested.

Edited by Reb08

9 hours ago, Redzone10 said:

Weaker conference...doubtful!

8 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Weaker conference...doubtful!

I think he means traditionally weaker conference. While you can make a good argument for that, it wasn't the case this year. Eastern would've been the best team in the WRC hands down this year. 

Credit where credit is due!!  Eastern Greene showed me a lot. Down 13-0 in the first.  To not panic, not waver and pour it on as they did in the 2nd was impressive.  Gotta live the Anderson kid playing all night at center with his left arm in a full cast!!! I even saw him on the d line for a series..how could he tackle???!  Caleb Hamilton..what can I say?!  Seemed the mustangs sold out to stop his running, and gave up some big passing plays...and that number could have been worse had a couple throws been a hair closer.  200+ rushing and 200+ passing makes for a good night for #35.  FC was on the run most if the night. Gutsy effort by him...but no run game didn't help, plus a couple big drops too.  EG adapted to the pass attack, and here they to the semi-state....  Congrats to the mustangs in a great year...what do they lose for 2018??

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:46 PM, Miner Pride said:

Credit where credit is due!!  Eastern Greene showed me a lot. Down 13-0 in the first.  To not panic, not waver and pour it on as they did in the 2nd was impressive.  Gotta live the Anderson kid playing all night at center with his left arm in a full cast!!! I even saw him on the d line for a series..how could he tackle???!  Caleb Hamilton..what can I say?!  Seemed the mustangs sold out to stop his running, and gave up some big passing plays...and that number could have been worse had a couple throws been a hair closer.  200+ rushing and 200+ passing makes for a good night for #35.  FC was on the run most if the night. Gutsy effort by him...but no run game didn't help, plus a couple big drops too.  EG adapted to the pass attack, and here they to the semi-state....  Congrats to the mustangs in a great year...what do they lose for 2018??

I believe we have 6 seniors on the roster. All 6 have been starters.  We're losing some pretty important players, but we also have a lot of great talent returning.

Eastern Greene is a real deal in 1A. Conference doesnt even enter the equation. Its a Greene County deal (Linton/Eastern). I wish the TBirds the very best in future games and I will not count them out1 Go T Birds!