• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
BigTimeDB

11-1 Scecina vs 9-3 Western Boone (at Webo)

1 hour ago, jets said:

Handily?! Wow...

Just like the 2002 season

You're  right. They have not earned the right to play in the semistate game.

Edited by SR1

Bring on the red votes!!! Good thing I don't get butt hurt easily like the p/p supporters. I'll get the kleenex handy for you guys. Geeeesh! Don' take it so personal not like I called your mother a name. I'm just 1 person with an opinion.  

2 minutes ago, SR1 said:

You're  right. They have not earned the right to play in the semistate game.

They'll be there and State. 

You could be right

1 minute ago, Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox said:

Bring on the red votes!!! Good thing I don't get butt hurt easily like the p/p supporters. I'll get the kleenex handy for you guys. Geeeesh! Don' take it so personal not like I called your mother a name. I'm just 1 person with an opinion.  

You could be right. However, I doubt that they win either the regional or semistate  handily as you said.

4 minutes ago, SR1 said:

You could be right

You could be right. However, I doubt that they win either the regional or semistate  handily as you said.

They haven't had much trouble all season. Triton was close and 5A Roncalli beat. Don't get me wrong, I pull for any public school vs p/p schools. I've seen to many quality public schools get dismantled by p/p schools. I can't' be the only GID follower that feels this way.  Surely there are 1 or 3 out there that feel the same way. Put them in their own tournament 

Edited by Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox

48 minutes ago, Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox said:

Nope.  You just get butt hurt when people pick against your team.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, XStar said:

Nope.  You just get butt hurt when people pick against your team.  

I don't have a team. I follow teams close by. Shouldn't you be in the cic posts bashing eastbrook and how they hurt your feelings back in the day by stealing your lunch money or kicking your dog or was it taking your girl

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox said:

I don't have a team. I follow teams close by. Shouldn't you be in the cic posts bashing eastbrook and how they hurt your feelings back in the day by stealing your lunch money or kicking your dog or was it taking your girl

After spending years in the same sectionals with programs like Chatard, Brebeuf, Tri-West, and West Lafayette, I don't think they are looking for excuses, win or lose.  

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox said:

The Ridge has brought more tears to Catholic eyes than the Spanish Inquisition. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, War Daddy said:

Nah, it's in the South, nobody pays attention until they get to State Final.

• Upvote 1

Sorry.  Level of discourse still too high for you Chief?  Let me see if I can help.

Scecina must have taken your lunch money, kicked your dog, or stole your girl!

More comfortable now?

• Haha 1

Back on topic...a number of people were expecting Danville to roll Webo at Danville in the regular season.  The score was 6 to 7 late in the 4th and the final was 6-14.  Others saw Tipton as the defacto sectional champ and here we are.  Aside from pure talent, I truly think Webo has heart and drive and they play for more than just themselves or the team.  I’m looking forward to Friday.  I think a turnover or a special teams bobble could spell the difference.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, XStar said:

Sorry.  Level of discourse still too high for you Chief?  Let me see if I can help.

Scecina must have taken your lunch money, kicked your dog, or stole your girl!

More comfortable now?

They'e taken many people's lunch money, kicked their dogs and stole their girl ;)

11 hours ago, War Daddy said:

+1 WD.  Between your historical allusions and other obscure references, I find myself chuckling in frequent appreciation.  "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition".

Well done. 

Good luck to the Ridge as well.  I think it's wide open at this point, btw (particularly in the South).  

For the record, the only team that seems a clear favorite by Sags and CalPreps analytics is Eastbrook (I'm sure Ott Hurrle of Scecina spent this past weekend up in Northern Indiana passing out "'Bit O' Honeys" and free tuition to 7th graders, though...he'll get that fixed)

Maybe Southridge or someone else from the South can prove them wrong.

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2017 at 1:42 AM, Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox said:

Scecina "the Recruiting" private school will handle Webo...... hard to play with a school when their roster consists of kids from all over the state. One of the their key players was a starter at HSE last year and now he's at a 2A P/P. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I have a friend who has a son that is an absolute stud at a indy suburb school.  ALL the p/p schools been banging on his door since the boy was a 7th grader. Dad told them "we can't afford to send him there".  p/p schools response  "it's taken care of, no worries on money we'll give him an academic waiver". Dad: "he's not a great student" . P/p: " we'll take care of it". 

Dad: " we don't  have a way to get him there" p/p schools " we'll come get him and get him a ride home" . 

"But P/P schools don't have an unfair advantage......

I bet Roncalli put their number one recruiter on that kid. Probably the same guy that hooked Nick Kidwell back in 1994. Took two bags of bit-o-honeys to get that done. 

Kids today are more into those multi-layer mint/cookie/chocolate bars. Full bars only, but the vouchers mean it all equals out to a push. 

Edited by The TW
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, The TW said:

I bet Roncalli put their number one recruiter on that kid. Probably the same guy that hooked Nick Kidwell back in 1994. Took two bags of bit-o-honeys to get that done. 

Kids today are more into those multi-layer mint/cookie/chocolate bars. Full bars only, but the vouchers mean it all equals out to a push. 

Either is likely a bit cheaper than the Starbuck's Unicorn Frapuccino's needed for talent searches in Valpo from what the expert recruiters tell me. 

Budgets remain tight these days in the Catholic schools - add that candy bars are just easier to carry around......and you don't have to keep them warm. 

Let alone deal with those fussy Barrista types.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The TW said:

Who knocked on Kidwell's door?

• Upvote 4

I hope it's a good game... I don't think you will hear anyone from Webo say that Scecina will not be a tough game... they have played a pretty stout schedule only losing to Roncalli.  Webo lost to a 5A, 4A, and a 3A school... They had opportunities to win those games and didn't.... They did come back and beat Tipton on the road.  The stands will be packed in Dover on Friday night on the home side... The fence will be lined, and Webo will strap on the helmets and try to beat a really good football team Friday night... That much is all I know...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/4/2017 at 7:34 AM, Howe said:

Scecina does have two players who started at Howe last season.

Do you think those  kids could afford to pay tuition to Scecina?

12 hours ago, cyoguru said:

Best running joke in the history of GID. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Canoe Fest Charlie said:

Do you think those  kids could afford to pay tuition to Scecina?

No.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, cyoguru said:

WHO KNOCKED ON KIDWELL'S DOOR!!!!????!!!!

• Upvote 3

On 11/4/2017 at 5:55 PM, Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox said:

I'm sorry. Tipton was having an excellent season. What I've been told Tipton had the game won. Hard to end the season like that. I think tipton would'e been a much better matchup vs scecina.

They didnt have anything won. Haven't you ever heard its not over till its over? Their QB was cocky and they shut him down easily. They got manhandled by West Lafayette and no way whatsoever would they have been a better matchup. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

15 hours ago, ronniepunkinseed said:

They didnt have anything won. Haven't you ever heard its not over till its over? Their QB was cocky and they shut him down easily. They got manhandled by West Lafayette and no way whatsoever would they have been a better matchup. 

Tipton's QB got cocky and got shut down easily? He's the most humble kid I've ever been around. He also had over 300 yards of offense that game and was hands down the best player on the field. Also, you clearly haven't seen WL play or even checked their scores. Whole different animal!

Edited by Fballfan15
  • Upvote 1