• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
BigTimeDB

11-1 Scecina vs 9-3 Western Boone (at Webo)

11 hours ago, XStar said:

No point in crying about every perceived slight.  Starting to sound like the coaches/dads of another 2A team I follow.  

I’m not crying about anything. Just saying that people said “from what I heard Tipton had it won” when they didn’t. 

32 minutes ago, ronniepunkinseed said:

The quarterback is who was cocky. And acting like it was such a pleasant place I went with my family to the local pizza restaurant and low and behold there were cockroaches. On top of that the coaches were disrespectful and kept coming on the field yelling at referees and opposing players but yet never got a penalty. And yes he can sling it right over a receiver and head unless of course he’s throwing in the flat. 

Meanwhile our fans heard your D coach screaming F bombs repeatedly from across the field. I was surprised that the refs let that slide, most crews would have shut him up.

I chuckled all night at your side screaming about our coaches being on the field when it is acceptable for them to be there, meanwhile your coaches were also on the field  when allowed.

Edited by Maynard111

Scecina should win this game.  Webo seems like they might be a year ahead of schedule.  But we'll see. 

Who cares about Tipton's Coaches from last week's game?  Who cares about the pizza place in Tipton?  Who Cares about Webo's coaches during last week's game?    Tipton's QB is solid... Webo came back to win... It's over... Let's move on...

As far as Scecina.... I would be absolutely shocked if Webo gets blown out... Yes, Scecina has played some solid competition and beat everyone except a ranked 5A school.  They are quick... Their QB can sling it around a bit.  I am hoping for a great game... It will be a great atmosphere that's for sure...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ronniepunkinseed said:

The quarterback is who was cocky. And acting like it was such a pleasant place I went with my family to the local pizza restaurant and low and behold there were cockroaches. On top of that the coaches were disrespectful and kept coming on the field yelling at referees and opposing players but yet never got a penalty. And yes he can sling it right over a receiver and head unless of course he’s throwing in the flat. 

Dumbest post I've probably ever read here. You keep outdoing yourself. First the hospitality at the game was bad, now it's at a local restaurant. Once again the QB is the last kid you should call cocky. Kid is incredibly humble so I know you're blowing smoke there. All the rest is just made up BS as well.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8650980/59f638dabd751e0a3c919b32

7 hours ago, ronniepunkinseed said:

I’m not crying about anything. Just saying that people said “from what I heard Tipton had it won” when they didn’t. 

Who cares if they say that?  Doesn't change the outcome.  No need to respond by taking the shots you did.  Just makes you look petty and insecure.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Who cares about Tipton's Coaches from last week's game?  Who cares about the pizza place in Tipton?  Who Cares about Webo's coaches during last week's game?    Tipton's QB is solid... Webo came back to win... It's over... Let's move on...

As far as Scecina.... I would be absolutely shocked if Webo gets blown out... Yes, Scecina has played some solid competition and beat everyone except a ranked 5A school.  They are quick... Their QB can sling it around a bit.  I am hoping for a great game... It will be a great atmosphere that's for sure...

MJ.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I definitely agree with this. I don’t know where people are coming up with this blowout score prediction. It’ll be a good game no doubt. 

11 hours ago, Dan Jones said:

Scecina should win this game.  Webo seems like they might be a year ahead of schedule.  But we'll see. 

What do you mean by this? 

I think most or all on the Scecina side would be surprised by a blowout of either team. Everything I’ve seen points to this being a great game. 

Wish I could go. Thankful I can watch online. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Maynard111 said:

Meanwhile our fans heard your D coach screaming F bombs repeatedly from across the field. I was surprised that the refs let that slide, most crews would have shut him up.

I chuckled all night at your side screaming about our coaches being on the field when it is acceptable for them to be there, meanwhile your coaches were also on the field  when allowed.

Tiptons season is over, time for the fans to move on to basketball! It was a close game but Tipton was lucky to be that close. Webo played like garbage. We were also playing without our best offensive player as well as our best defensive player(110 tackles). Consider yourself lucky. As far as Webo being a pushover, we will see come Friday! As far as the QB being cocky, i spoke to the kid after the game in the parking lot and thought he was a great kid. Im sure his parents are proud. See ya next year Tipton.

Edited by Sergeant Dangle
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Eastside10 said:

Game day!

Scecina wins by 21.

Go Southridge, so we can host next week.

I hope you are right, but I just don’t see it happening. I’m thinking it’ll be no more than a 10 point game either way. I won’t be able to go tonight, so I’ll be watching online. The one good thing about watching at home (beside the fact that I’ll be warm) is if the game goes the wrong way I’m just a short walk to the refrigerator for some cold beer. 

• Upvote 1

Wow, Webo fans showing some true colors here.....

Ronnie, I know the Tipton QB and he is one of the most humble kids that I have ever met. 

You're acting like the Tipton QB stole your girlfriend.....

• Upvote 1

Man, #32 for WEBO is tough to take down!

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Scecina... Webo couldnt get a stop when they needed it.  The kickoff return to start the 2nd half was a back breaker.

After the fast start by Scecina in the first quarter, I was happy we were in the mix up until late in the fourth quarter.   It will be interesting to see how special teams works out for them going forward. I believe their first three scores came without an extra point or a two point conversion. 

2 hours ago, BigTimeDB said:

After the fast start by Scecina in the first quarter, I was happy we were in the mix up until late in the fourth quarter.   It will be interesting to see how special teams works out for them going forward. I believe their first three scores came without an extra point or a two point conversion. 

The FG/XP is definitely a problem they need to work on. 

Edited by SMHS

The Western Boone, defense just couldn't get enough stops.  The two keys to me were the pass interference call that extended Scecina's touchdown drive at the end of the first half and their kickoff return to open the second half.  Those two things turned a 12-7 game into a three-score game and while the offense was able to move the ball and score in the second half they couldn't get enough stops to come all the way back.  

I was very impressed with Scecina's offense and specifically their quarterback.  If they get past Southridge, who I know nothing about, I think they win state.  

• Downvote 1