• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley
komets3001

Snider vs Carmel Regional Championship

Finally time for the game everyone has been waiting for since Snider moves up to 6A. A renewal of a long time rivalry with a regional championship at stake. Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

BIG fish in a small pond vs. BIG fish in a BIG pond, Is what I think. But there are no gimmies ,with Friday night football, in Indiana.

I don’t think I have ever heard the SAC called a little pond... Snider, Dwenger, Luers are multiple time state  champions and Concordia won a state title last year. I agree with you, the game will be a double digit victory for the winner. I have watched enough game film of both teams to say that pretty confidently. Snider 38 - Carmel 20

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Go Panthers! Win one of the "small" pond. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Snider by 10 to 13

Any word on Ethan Hoover? 

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Snider by 10 to 13

Any word on Ethan Hoover? 

Have not heard anything yet...

Carmel appears to be in a down year . The game is in Fort Wayne , Where it is very hard to beat Snider in November even if your not in a down year . It will be Sniders toughest game to date , but they come out on top . 

John Harrel says PREDICTION: Fort Wayne Snider, 28-27.

Ill stick with something like that. Snider in a close one. Carmel may be down but they are still defending state champs with an enrollment that doubles snider. 

I want to say Snider wins but their game against Northrop scares me. 

Carmel over Snider 23-21

22 minutes ago, navy80 said:

I want to say Snider wins but their game against Northrop scares me. 

Then they turn around and beat Homestead 37-0. So it really depends on which team shows up. I actually thought Homestead would have matched up well with Carmel this year.

7 hours ago, komets3001 said:

I don’t think I have ever heard the SAC called a little pond... Snider, Dwenger, Luers are multiple time state  champions and Concordia won a state title last year. I agree with you, the game will be a double digit victory for the winner. I have watched enough game film of both teams to say that pretty confidently. Snider 38 - Carmel 20

Although I have a strong dislike of Carmel and would like to see a BD/Snider match-up later, the Panthers won't score 38 in this game. Carmel may not be as strong as they have been in the past, but their defense is quite good this year.

Carmel's first game on real grass all year, Snider plays almost all its games on real grass.

12 minutes ago, BDAlum04 said:

Although I have a strong dislike of Carmel and would like to see a BD/Snider match-up later, the Panthers won't score 38 in this game. Carmel may not be as strong as they have been in the past, but their defense is quite good this year.

Isn't Carmel's defense good EVERY year? It's almost like they've had the same D coordinator the last 15 years.

7 minutes ago, BDAlum04 said:

Good point. Although it is sometimes hard to tell how good a team is from ft wayne or 'e'ville, carmel has  played nationally tough programs & fared half way decent  except for the trinity game looks like they were in most of those games. When you face the mic schedule and have an off night you wind up with the spread warren had .  I think Snider has a better chance of winning this game than carmel does but it wont be more than 14

Quick look at carmel's record : 

Aug. 18 at Louisville Trinity (Ky.)   L   3-31   
Aug. 25 Noblesville {6A}  W 31-  0   
Sep. 1 Center Grove {6A}   L 10-31   
Sep. 8 at Pike {6A}  W 21-18   
Sep. 15 Lawrence North {6A}  W 38-14   
Sep. 22 North Central (Indianapolis) {6A}  W 10-  9   
Sep. 29 at Ben Davis {6A}   L 10-28   
Oct. 6 Warren Central {6A}   L 14-35   
Oct. 13 at Lawrence Central {6A}  W 21-19   
Oct. 27 at Noblesville {6A}  W 25-  7  sectional
Nov. 3 Lafayette Jeff {6A}  W 41-20  sectional

3 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

John Harrel says PREDICTION: Fort Wayne Snider, 28-27.

Ill stick with something like that. Snider in a close one. Carmel may be down but they are still defending state champs with an enrollment that doubles snider. 

Big pond vs Little pond

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southend said:

Big pond vs Little pond

Make up your mind. Is it Big pond vs Little Pond or is it Big Fish vs Big Fish from different size ponds?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, BTF said:

Make up your mind. Is it Big pond vs Little Pond or is it Big Fish vs Big Fish from different size ponds?

same- Big fish, big pond. Big fish Little pond(fart wayne)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, southend said:

same- Big fish, big pond. Big fish Little pond(fart wayne)

So South Bend or Mishawaka will now be known as little puddle

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jakone said:

Carmel's first game on real grass all year, Snider plays almost all its games on real grass.

Now THIS. I didn't see that. Could be a factor for being able to judge closure on a play. being able to see how far to play off a man, then getting to the play. But only for a series or two, then Greyhounds make adjustments. R. Nelson better strike fast, to take advantage.

6 hours ago, jakone said:

Not sure I'd call the field at Spuller "real grass".

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, fbofficial said:

Not sure I'd call the field at Spuller "real grass".

Rumor has it that a donor wanted to put a turf field in at Spuller but was told no unless all Ft. Wayne Community Schools were going to get one. I'm not sure how valid that is. Maybe FWCS should just build Snider their own stadium since all the other schools have one........since we're on the topic of "fair."

If it's raining Friday, they will be playing in the mud.

1 hour ago, southend said:

Now THIS. I didn't see that. Could be a factor for being able to judge closure on a play. being able to see how far to play off a man, then getting to the play. But only for a series or two, then Greyhounds make adjustments. R. Nelson better strike fast, to take advantage.

Snider will be fine and able to strike at any time. They are more rounded, I believe in all three areas of game, than Carmel. 

I find it very amusing that most of these people haven’t watched Snider play yet they believe that Carmel will beat Snider just because they play in the MIC. Love it...

• Upvote 1