• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

What do you think? I have seen the highlights and also watch the Leo game on You Tube. Think it will be a good game. I say Dwenger. I have to look at SOS. Dwenger has seen alot of running backs that are big and fast. 

Me thinks it is hard to bet against the Catholics, but there are some years a school puts it all together and breaks thru. Not this year, as much as I would like to see some new blood in the post season come thru. Angola is having a banner season. Are they senior loaded or are they just reaping some benefit from somewhere, coaching, peewee ball or such? I don't get to follow ball that far north.

Beware of the Frozen Tundra.  They club baby seals and harpoon polar bears up there.

#iglooLife

• Haha 3

Except in the summer! THEN its party central for all the lake dwellers from Fart Wayne. Crooked, James, George, Snow,Even Coldwater chain, Forgot Clear, and a little bit Hamilton. Winter is BIG buck time. All those Saints congregation will think it is a home game, they spend so much time up there in the tundra. Do they have the toboggan slide goin yet, could be a side trip!

Edited by southend
  • Upvote 1

Angola is a team that just finds ways to win games...collectively they are much better than individually.  Leo, Northwood and CMA were athletically superior, yet the Hornets found a way to win those games. Offensively, they will spread you out, run the option, the jet and bubble screens.  Roddy at QB  finds ways to make plays, especially when the structure breaks down.  They play a 50 on defense.  Their inside backers are both big and physical...6'3, 230.  Dwenger will be able to run the ball on them...but Angola always seems to find ways to make plays.  Coach Thomas has done a wonderful job of getting these kids to believe in the process and each other. Should be a great game.

• Upvote 3

Should be s great game. Just not sure which Dwenger team shows up, the one that has given Snider their best game of the year so far or the one which lost to Homestead 42-0. I think that the real Dwenger team will show up so it should be a great game...

2 hours ago, laker54 said:

Angola is a team that just finds ways to win games...collectively they are much better than individually.  Leo, Northwood and CMA were athletically superior, yet the Hornets found a way to win those games. Offensively, they will spread you out, run the option, the jet and bubble screens.  Roddy at QB  finds ways to make plays, especially when the structure breaks down.  They play a 50 on defense.  Their inside backers are both big and physical...6'3, 230.  Dwenger will be able to run the ball on them...but Angola always seems to find ways to mtake plays.  Coach Thomas has done a wonderful job of getting these kids to believe in the process and each other. Should be a great game.

Thanks, nice rundown for us, in the hillbilly area of Indiana.

SOS will be a factor, but Angola has proven so far that it's really no big deal.  I am not sure how many seniors/juniors start....I know for the longest time, the JR. class was tough...but not sure what class all these guys are in.

I'm going with Angola by 1 score....SOS during the regular season may have been in favor of BD, but Angola was battle tested in Sectional 19.

The other 4A North Regional should be fun too!

Sagarin likes Angola better by 5 spots. Angola is 45th and Dwenger is 50th.  Angola has the home field advantage.  Dwenger's 13 to 6 win over New Haven might shed a little bit of light on common opponents because New Haven was tied with Leo and East Noble at the top of the conference they are in. (A conference that really drops off after those top 3).  I am biased....so....I like Angola in a close one.

Selfishly I hope that the Saints can pull out a win and Snider as well for the prestige of the SAC.  It would also put us alone at the top of the state with 20 regional titles ahead of Carmel.  However, if we must lose to a team it always feels better when it is a team that hasn't had a long run of success and has their "special" season continue. It may be the start of continued success for Angola.  Who knows?  Go Saints!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I'm going with Angola by 1 score....SOS during the regular season may have been in favor of BD, but Angola was battle tested in Sectional 19.

The other 4A North Regional should be fun too!

You don't think Dwenger has not been tested? The 3 loses they have where to 6A schools. Two of them they were in the game and could have won. One of those being Snider. Wayne was a battle last week. Plus New Haven. Should be a good game. 

Just now, mebuck said:

You don't think Dwenger has not been tested? The 3 loses they have where to 6A schools. Two of them they were in the game and could have won. One of those being Snider. Wayne was a battle last week. Plus New Haven. Should be a good game. 

Cliff notes version to help you follow along with me....

Yes, Dwenger was tested in the regular season

Angola was tested in Sectional 19

I'm picking Angola to win by 2-8 points

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, laker54 said:

Angola is a team that just finds ways to win games...collectively they are much better than individually.  Leo, Northwood and CMA were athletically superior, yet the Hornets found a way to win those games. Offensively, they will spread you out, run the option, the jet and bubble screens.  Roddy at QB  finds ways to make plays, especially when the structure breaks down.  They play a 50 on defense.  Their inside backers are both big and physical...6'3, 230.  Dwenger will be able to run the ball on them...but Angola always seems to find ways to make plays.  Coach Thomas has done a wonderful job of getting these kids to believe in the process and each other. Should be a great game.

I will stand by the opinion that if NorthWood kicks a FG earlier in the game instead of going for it, there is not an Angola/Dwenger game.  The only thing that might make it close is if the mathematicians at Dwenger over analyze things and don't make football decisions.  Ernie lives!

Edited by panamabob

53 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Cliff notes version to help you follow along with me....

Yes, Dwenger was tested in the regular season

Angola was tested in Sectional 19

I'm picking Angola to win by 2-8 points

izzy.jpg?w=443&h=332

• Haha 2

This is just a hard game to predict, if the Dwenger team that showed up to play Snider right down to the wire shows up they will beat Angola by 17-21 points. If not, this game could go either way.

SOS is always a topic of relevance but I don't see it here. I see it as what Dwenger team shows up. One that lost to Snider by 3 or the one that got beat by 42 vs Homestead? Dwenger is rich in tradition and rightfully so, but does that hurt them...are they overlooking the Hornets? Angola has won 2 amazing games. Northwood example of kicking a field goal is a should've would've concept. Angola won...time to give them credit and not make excuses for the losing teams. I'm sure Angola made a few mistakes that game but they overcame them and won. Wish I could make the trip up to Angola. I believe there will still be a live feed on Hometown Media (Facebook). 

1 hour ago, irish4ever said:

SOS is always a topic of relevance but I don't see it here. I see it as what Dwenger team shows up. One that lost to Snider by 3 or the one that got beat by 42 vs Homestead? Dwenger is rich in tradition and rightfully so, but does that hurt them...are they overlooking the Hornets? Angola has won 2 amazing games. Northwood example of kicking a field goal is a should've would've concept. Angola won...time to give them credit and not make excuses for the losing teams. I'm sure Angola made a few mistakes that game but they overcame them and won. Wish I could make the trip up to Angola. I believe there will still be a live feed on Hometown Media (Facebook). 

Not a playing mistake.  A simple kick not taken.  That led to playing mistakes costing them the game.  Again, simply an opinion.  Take the three.

Edited by panamabob

3 hours ago, panamabob said:

Not a playing mistake.  A simple kick not taken.  That led to playing mistakes costing them the game.  Again, simply an opinion.  Take the three.

Northwood doesn't kick extra points, kicking a field goal was not going to happen.

• Upvote 1

Dwenger has a long history of ending many teams banner seasons. Anyone remember those “great” Delta teams? Seems as though more times than not the Saints come out on top when facing undefeated squads in the post season (not always, I realize). But.....Those BD teams always seemed to be led by a very  large senior class that were good players on both sides of the ball. While the underclassmen watched and waited their turn. Now I don’t want to take anything away from the Seniors because they represent everything you would want from them. However, this years Dwenger team has been relying on a great number of sophomores and juniors. And I am worried that they may not be ready for this stage yet. The inconsistency of young players can be hard to overcome as the competition gets better each week. Hopefully I’m wrong. Go Saints.

7 hours ago, irish4ever said:

Summit City sports on you tube or Facebook.

3 hours ago, new money said:

Dwenger has a long history of ending many teams banner seasons. Anyone remember those “great” Delta teams? Seems as though more times than not the Saints come out on top when facing undefeated squads in the post season (not always, I realize). But.....Those BD teams always seemed to be led by a very  large senior class that were good players on both sides of the ball. While the underclassmen watched and waited their turn. Now I don’t want to take anything away from the Seniors because they represent everything you would want from them. However, this years Dwenger team has been relying on a great number of sophomores and juniors. And I am worried that they may not be ready for this stage yet. The inconsistency of young players can be hard to overcome as the competition gets better each week. Hopefully I’m wrong. Go Saints.

Do you remember last year. Undefeated Mississinewa team. Dwenger had no chance in hell  in beating that team, what was the score again I can't remember? That team didn't play any schools bigger than them, had two tough sectional games, deja vu?