• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

Recommended Posts

The showdown is on. Cathedral had a very tough battle in Bloomington tonight. Sounds like the game could have went either way until the 4th. East took care of business (49-3 at halftime).

I’m guessing the game will be @ Tech. Looking forward to seeing the big East O-Line vs the Cathedral Defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think east if they are as good as they were last year , they should win this one by 10 . Cathedral is real good still but im not sure stepp is good(healthy) for a full game. Their backups worked fine tonight vs south but were talking about a depleted south team here. The irish were not impressive in my opinion. Also just a tad but dirty as well. Late hits on our soph qb after he was on the ground as well as after he got rid of the ball. There is a fine line when the players know how a ref is calling the game and the irish knew that line well. I was just a hair disappointed.  All in all south slowed cathedrals running game a lot better than i thought they would. Cathedral does not throw it very well either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL.  Cathedral wins by at least 21.  See you next week at this same time.

8 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

I think east if they are as good as they were last year , they should win this one by 10 . Cathedral is real good still but im not sure stepp is good(healthy) for a full game. Their backups worked fine tonight vs south but were talking about a depleted south team here. The irish were not impressive in my opinion. Also just a tad but dirty as well. Late hits on our soph qb after he was on the ground as well as after he got rid of the ball. There is a fine line when the players know how a ref is calling the game and the irish knew that line well. I was just a hair disappointed.  All in all south slowed cathedrals running game a lot better than i thought they would. Cathedral does not throw it very well either.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

I think east if they are as good as they were last year , they should win this one by 10 . Cathedral is real good still but im not sure stepp is good(healthy) for a full game. Their backups worked fine tonight vs south but were talking about a depleted south team here. The irish were not impressive in my opinion. Also just a tad but dirty as well. Late hits on our soph qb after he was on the ground as well as after he got rid of the ball. There is a fine line when the players know how a ref is calling the game and the irish knew that line well. I was just a hair disappointed.  All in all south slowed cathedrals running game a lot better than i thought they would. Cathedral does not throw it very well either.  

Consider the source...... East will have an excellent opportunity next week but I expect a very close game. Cathedral will be much better than they were against BS. Not sure Stepp will ever see the field in college when he can't stay healthy in high school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rebeldad said:

LOL.  Cathedral wins by at least 21.  See you next week at this same time.

 

If Cathedral wins by 21, and I won't rule it out because I haven't seen them in person this year, I would be extremely impressed and would venture to say they will easily win state and could contend for the title in 6A. 

East is very good, very strong, and very well coached. As I'm sure Cathedral is too, which is why I see this as a very tight game decided by a late score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note *   I said  'if'   east is as good as they were last year. I have not seen east this season . They seem to be doing the same things they were doing last year. But this cathedral team for whatever reason did not impress tonight. If east can  contain their running game east should win . I saw east up close last year when they played at bhss in the semi-state , i saw east back 10 years or so ago vs. cathedral and the east program is noticeably better than they were 10 years ago.  

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rebeldad said:

LOL.  Cathedral wins by at least 21.  See you next week at this same time.

 

Go ahead and send me a PM and we will wager a couple hundred. I’ll get 21 points. I’ll make sure I have the money with me at the game just in case :) 

Edited by Olympian06
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Consider the source...... East will have an excellent opportunity next week but I expect a very close game. Cathedral will be much better than they were against BS. Not sure Stepp will ever see the field in college when he can't stay healthy in high school.

Stepp will do fine in college. I see nothing wrong with being smart and limiting a RB in cold conditions whom has had hamstring problems. He played just had limited carries. His back up looks to have a hamstring injury now too.

aside from that the 3rd string RB came in and played very well. 

That being said I imagine the game plan for Bloomington South and the game plan for Columbus East will be completely different.  

A side note Cathedral can throw the ball just fine when needed. They have a fantastic Wr in Collins who had been out from week 5 his first game back was against Roncalli. I'm not so sure he is 100% but it seems he is getting better.

Bloomington South has a fantastic coach in Coach Moriarty. I knew South would put up a fight. Cathedral took control starting in th 3rd quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IRishParent said:

Game wasnt nearly as close as the score may have indicated.

It was 21-14 at half... it was 14-0 Bloomington South when South fumbled a punt.. not sure what you mean... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

I think east if they are as good as they were last year , they should win this one by 10 . Cathedral is real good still but im not sure stepp is good(healthy) for a full game. Their backups worked fine tonight vs south but were talking about a depleted south team here. The irish were not impressive in my opinion. Also just a tad but dirty as well. Late hits on our soph qb after he was on the ground as well as after he got rid of the ball. There is a fine line when the players know how a ref is calling the game and the irish knew that line well. I was just a hair disappointed.  All in all south slowed cathedrals running game a lot better than i thought they would. Cathedral does not throw it very well either.  

So the CHS defensive players knew just when to hit the QB without it being a penalty?  Wow thats an amazing feat...smh  There was nothing dirty about how CHS played.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IRishParent said:

So the CHS defensive players knew just when to hit the QB without it being a penalty?  Wow thats an amazing feat...smh  There was nothing dirty about how CHS played.

Seems like they are much better with that NJ transfer. That kid that is the back up just wasn’t cutting it for CHS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IRishParent said:

Game wasnt nearly as close as the score may have indicated.

Yeah, and Chatard dominated Danville, the score just didn't show it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

Seems like they are much better with that NJ transfer. That kid that is the back up just wasn’t cutting it for CHS. 

Where do you get your information from? The backup QB never played....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IRishParent said:

Where do you get your information from? The backup QB never played....

Not talking about tonight, just in general. The back up isn’t anywhere near as good as the kid from NJ :). I’m sure you agree as well... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Staxawax said:

Yeah, and Chatard dominated Danville, the score just didn't show it.

umm ok....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IRishParent said:

So the CHS defensive players knew just when to hit the QB without it being a penalty?  Wow thats an amazing feat...smh  There was nothing dirty about how CHS played.

Yeah they did . Saw it  several times, don't need to argue i know it is true.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olympian06 said:

Not talking about tonight, just in general. The back up isn’t anywhere near as good as the kid from NJ :). I’m sure you agree as well... 

I dont necessarily agree with that assessment.  The backup hasnt been given the opportunity. The starter is definitely more athletic and runs the read option much better as far as throwing the ball you could close your eyes and take either one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cathedral is good at getting cheap shots in when they know they can 

  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IRishParent said:

I dont necessarily agree with that assessment.  The backup hasnt been given the opportunity. The starter is definitely more athletic and runs the read option much better as far as throwing the ball you could close your eyes and take either one.

Looks like the coaching staff didn’t have to think about it. I’ve seen them both. NJ kid is the real deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MuleDriver said:

Yeah they did . Saw it  several times, don't need to argue i know it is true.      

So you had better angles than the referees who were on the field and standing right next to the play?    They got one, and that was definitely legit.  The others are bailout calls that the B fans were looking for.

Just now, Olympian06 said:

Looks like the coaching staff didn’t have to think about it. I’ve seen them both. NJ kid is the real deal. 

We shall see if hes the real deal come next year\, if hes still at CHS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright back to the game.

Cathedral - 35

Columbus East - 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IRishParent said:

So you had better angles than the referees who were on the field and standing right next to the play?    They got one, and that was definitely legit.  The others are bailout calls that the B fans were looking for.

You are ignoring what i am saying or you aren't understanding what i am saying, whichever i am not sure and really do not care. I am convinced that the irish are very good at knowing what the refs are going to call or not call and they take full advantage of it.  Jumped on our qb at least twice after he was on ground and while pursuing him out of the pocket they just couldn't slow up enough to not hit him after he unloaded the ball so all three irish defenders who were in pursuit just so happened to pile on him after the pass.  . They manipulate their movement so it would seem they lost their footing or their momentum was just to much for them to slow down and there was no other place for them to land than on our qb after he was on the ground.  Obvious as when children do those sorts of things. 

 Dirty irish pile ons are not the reason they won. Better team except like i said i think they are just a tad bit dirty. 

Edited by MuleDriver
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

You are ignoring what i am saying or you aren't understanding what i am saying, whichever i am not sure and really do not care. I am convinced that the irish are very good at knowing what the refs are going to call or not call and they take full advantage of it.  Jumped on our qb at least twice after he was on ground and while pursuing him out of the pocket they just couldn't slow up enough to not hit him after he unloaded the ball so all three irish defenders who were in pursuit just so happened to pile on him after the pass.  . They manipulate their movement so it would seem they lost their footing or their momentum was just to much for them to slow down and there was no other place for them to land than on our qb after he was on the ground.  Obvious as when children do those sorts of things. 

wow...umm ok...I wonder if they practice that..:03_v:....You have a great night

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IRishParent said:

wow...umm ok...I wonder if they practice that..:03_v:....You have a great night

You do the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.