• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

No one is gloating. So since that "had nothing to do with it", let's drop it. Thanks for the compliments about East being the better team.

On to something I haven't heard talked about yet. Forward looking what injury does Emil have? Is it knee like ACL, or something he can recover from quicker? Hope he can get healthy and thrive at Bama.

6 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

They did play in those games. Hall was a 4th string RB so he saw more limited carries. The majority of carries went to Cissell. The back up QB played in several games as well. Both QB's Purcell and Edwards were Sophomore QB's still in the learning process. The Irish have a pretty good LB/DL that returns next year too that is out with an injury in Hagerty he is a very good football player.

Playing a tough schedule can help you with competition, but it can also play against you with injuries. There are pro's and con's. The Irish have been going through injuries the last 2 years and have developed some good depth because of it. Regardless injuries or not even a 100% healthy Cathedral team would not have won that night with 5 turnovers against a great Columbus East team.

Thanks -- I didn't know that.  I did hear there was a bit of a QB controversy earlier in the year which made me wonder why they didn't try the other kid.  So on D they might be OK (they usually are with linebackers) but the O-line was all seniors?  6-4 320 lb kids don't just drop out of the sky.  Emil will be hard to replace. 

17 minutes ago, NorthIndySports said:

Thanks -- I didn't know that.  I did hear there was a bit of a QB controversy earlier in the year which made me wonder why they didn't try the other kid.  So on D they might be OK (they usually are with linebackers) but the O-line was all seniors?  6-4 320 lb kids don't just drop out of the sky.  Emil will be hard to replace. 

Emil will be tough to replace no doubt about it! They will have some big players on the Oline without a lot of experience. It will be interesting to see how they develop. They had really good seasons out of their JV and Freshman.

What about HSE do they have some young players returning with some experience. I know HSE will be interesting since they will have a new Head Coach.

33 minutes ago, Olympian99 said:

No one is gloating. So since that "had nothing to do with it", let's drop it. Thanks for the compliments about East being the better team.

On to something I haven't heard talked about yet. Forward looking what injury does Emil have? Is it knee like ACL, or something he can recover from quicker? Hope he can get healthy and thrive at Bama.

The gloating comment wasn't directed towards you. 

I'm not sure if it is an ACL or not. It is definitely a knee injury though. I hope he gets healthy quick to Bama is in need of a Center and he could step in very quickly if healthy. 

48 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Emil will be tough to replace no doubt about it! They will have some big players on the Oline without a lot of experience. It will be interesting to see how they develop. They had really good seasons out of their JV and Freshman.

What about HSE do they have some young players returning with some experience. I know HSE will be interesting since they will have a new Head Coach.

Speaking of big players.....we need some!  Both HSE and Fishers have skilled kids but it is hard to go up against Warren, BD, CG, etc, without some D and O line beef.  My guess is that new coach will come from within.......not saying I agree with that but it seems to be the mind set.  Status Quo.....  We have wasted some real talent in the last decade. That's why we lose players to schools like BC, HC and Cathedral.  We also have an open enrollment system now......so any kid can choose to go to Fishers or HSE.  It has caused some athletes to change schools but we aren't in a full on recruiting war yet

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Whatever you want to say :) 

Problem was, he wasn’t used as a decoy. He got the most carries out of any of them. 

He had no more carries than the other games he was limited in. He was used as a decoy in the play action pass TD and other plays. 14 carries out 44 plays is not very much.

is Tyler Thomas going to play anywhere at the next level

Edited by FastpacedO

14 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

is Tyler Thomas going to play anywhere at the next level

I had seen on Twitter he had been offered by Cincinnati. Hopefully one of the other East fans can answer your question better. I don't do a very good job of keeping track of which players have offers at the next level. 

Sad day for Cathedral High School and one of their players family. My prayers and condolences go out to the Rodgers family!