• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 

14 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Can anyone tell me how to tag users like this? 

Use the @ symbol 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Because I’m not the one making outlandish comments about what the score is going to be.. Typical tho, you back off when somebody tells you to put your money where your mouth is. Typical RebelDad. 

Don’t remember this? Too many basketball practices already? 

Tell me when I have backed down? Not going to give you 21 points.  Want to bet the game straight up, lets go.

33 minutes ago, Rebeldad said:

Tell me when I have backed down? Not going to give you 21 points.  Want to bet the game straight up, lets go.

So I guess you were just talking out your butt when you said Cathedral by ATLEAST 21? You continue to contradict yourself. You are starting to become a waste of breath. I sent you a PM tho, so let me know if you want the bet or you are just spewing BS like most of the time. 

I think it comes down to the Irish linebacking core versus the East ground game. If Barrow plays the edges as fast as he did against Roncalli and Davis dominates the middle like usual, it will be a rough game for East. I think we know it all comes down to turnovers though. We have been spotting our last few opponents opening scores off turnovers. If that doesn’t cease, it will catch up w us against another well-coached East team. 

Weather looks sloppy for Friday night. Two strong run teams will have to worry about ball protection. Can’t wait. Go Irish! 

3 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I think it comes down to the Irish linebacking core versus the East ground game. If Barrow plays the edges as fast as he did against Roncalli and Davis dominates the middle like usual, it will be a rough game for East. I think we know it all comes down to turnovers though. We have been spotting our last few opponents opening scores off turnovers. If that doesn’t cease, it will catch up w us against another well-coached East team. 

Weather looks sloppy for Friday night. Two strong run teams will have to worry about ball protection. Can’t wait. Go Irish! 

I 100% agree with you on turnovers. A game between 2 very good teams usually comes down to 2 things turnovers and Special Teams. 

The Cathedral linebackers have done very well and so has the D-line. This will be a fantastic game with 2 talented running teams.

@MuleDriver You can type the @ symbol, then do not add a space and start typing the username that you want to tag. As you type it will give suggestions in a list underneath where you are typing and you can choose the one you want from there.

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, MuleDriver said:

What is the all time series standing . I am guessing since east's inception the only times they have played is in the tourney. I still think this is a close one.     I want to amend my earlier prediction, to only say that last years east team would beat this years irish . Having said that the game should still be close.  

WHMB40     WHMB 40      Cover this one !!!!!!!

Looks like WHMB40 will definitely be doing the Columbus East vs Cathedral at Tech game.

https://whmb.lesea.com/sports/sport-schedule/

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, npatman said:

Do they stream online?

Its on tape delay with WHMB40

• Upvote 1

This should be a good game.  They have one common opponent, Jeffersonville.  They both played Jeff mid-season, winning by the same score, 48-7.   East has played one quality team this season, Columbus North In week two.  East lost 34-17.  Since then they have played average at best teams, easily winning every game.  Cathedral has played a much tougher schedule.  While not having as good a record as East, the competition they’ve played has probably made them a better team.  As a result, I’m picking Cathedral by 10 points.  

1 hour ago, Butter Bean said:

This should be a good game.  They have one common opponent, Jeffersonville.  They both played Jeff mid-season, winning by the same score, 48-7.   East has played one quality team this season, Columbus North In week two.  East lost 34-17.  Since then they have played average at best teams, easily winning every game.  Cathedral has played a much tougher schedule.  While not having as good a record as East, the competition they’ve played has probably made them a better team.  As a result, I’m picking Cathedral by 10 points.  

I'll weigh in too...I have watched a few games and based on what I have seen the O-line and running game are the advantage. They have had 8,9, and even 10 in the box and still have collected over 900 yards rushing in last three playoff games.  I saw somewhere that the CE D-line was an average 240?  Cathedral must be closer to 280.  They have the Alabama recruit at center (320lbs), LT is like 6'6" 285, and the RT is just a sophomore and already 6''4" 270.  I don't think it matters who is running the ball.  Cathedral by 14.

Edited by NorthIndySports
sp

8 hours ago, Butter Bean said:

That was my guess. Cathedral by 10ish points. The real question will be how does East play on defense. 

On 11/13/2017 at 8:23 AM, Olympian06 said:

Where is @PHJIndy?!?!? @Rebeldad, if the Irish come in and completely dominate CE I would be somewhat surprised but won’t be mad. I’ll come on here and congratulate them for a well deserved win. Irish fans are classy 99% of the time, and are a fun bunch to be around. 

Well I took a short vacation, but I'm back.  The emotions are high for this one and that's good, real good.  I'll be at Tech for the tailgate and the semi-state for sure, rain, snow or shine.  BTW, I'm flattered that you missed me!:07_v:

Edited by PHJIndy

19 hours ago, NorthIndySports said:

Cathedral is always broadcast on WNDE too

Except when there is a Purdue football or basketball game, then Cathedral games are on a delay basis.

On 11/11/2017 at 3:07 PM, Cathedral Nation said:

It's going to be a great game! Cathedral and East will bring their very best and it will be a close one.

One aspect that Cathedral brings is the way they make adjustments throughout the game especially in the second half.  Beating Roncalli, Decataur Central and yesterday Bloomington South to get to Semi State really gives props to the coaching staff as well as the players who can make game time adjustments and execute. Couple that with an offense that can tire out teams at the 3rd and 4th Quarter also adds to the strength of the program.

That being said, I expect Columbus East to adjust their game plan and be prepared for a Friday night battle. Like i said to my son who played for Cathedral during 2005-2009, it's going to come down to who wants it the most, executes at a top level and makes little to no mistakes.

Best of luck to both teams! Hoping there are no injuries and that everyone plays well. Looking forward to a great game!

Go Irish!

I agree with all you state here.

57 minutes ago, PHJIndy said:

Well I took a short vacation, but I'm back.  The emotions are high for this one and that's good, real good.  I'll be at Tech for the tailgate and the semi-state for sure, rain, snow or shine.  BTW, I'm flattered that you missed me!:07_v:

Haha, I always like hearing your analysis even if

I have razzed you in the past. Glad to have you back. 

18 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Haha, I always like hearing your analysis even if

I have razzed you in the past. Glad to have you back. 

It's good to be back and I'm rested and ready to go!

Analysis later.

5 hours ago, PHJIndy said:

It's good to be back and I'm rested and ready to go!

Analysis later.

Great hearing from you PHJIndy! Glad you are doing well! Look forward to your analysis!

My early thoughts are that Columbus East will have a very difficult time if Markese Stepp is healthy, and I'm told he should be, and if Daijon Collings is back to his normal self.  Both have big play ability and with Cathedral's OL it should give them opportunities for those big plays.  However four yards and a cloud of field turf is good also.  I sure hope that Roman Purcell can catch the ball and hold onto it and I hope he doesn't have to throw much, if at all.  If Collins is up to speed Purcell might just put up a few more throws downfield, but it shouldn't be necessary.  I hope the Irish get off to a better start than they have in the last two games.  They have comeback capability but hopefully that won't have to happen Friday night.

For CE fans, Tech is a wonderful place to watch football.  There are lots of seats but not so many parking spaces, the lot fills up fast.  There's a lot across Oriental Street to the west, just outside the main gate on Oriental.  Have a safe trip and enjoy the game.  If you arrive early come by the Irish tailgate and say hello. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, PHJIndy said:

My early thoughts are that Columbus East will have a very difficult time if Markese Stepp is healthy, and I'm told he should be, and if Daijon Collings is back to his normal self.  Both have big play ability and with Cathedral's OL it should give them opportunities for those big plays.  However four yards and a cloud of field turf is good also.  I sure hope that Roman Purcell can catch the ball and hold onto it and I hope he doesn't have to throw much, if at all.  If Collins is up to speed Purcell might just put up a few more throws downfield, but it shouldn't be necessary.  I hope the Irish get off to a better start than they have in the last two games.  They have comeback capability but hopefully that won't have to happen Friday night.

For CE fans, Tech is a wonderful place to watch football.  There are lots of seats but not so many parking spaces, the lot fills up fast.  There's a lot across Oriental Street to the west, just outside the main gate on Oriental.  Have a safe trip and enjoy the game.  If you arrive early come by the Irish tailgate and say hello. 

Due to weather forecast, the Irish will NOT be tailgating at Tech tomorrow night. The tailgate has been moved to Silver Circle at 1102 Fletcher Ave, and will run 4:45-6:15pm. All are invited to enjoy pizza, snacks, and of course some Irish fellowship.

35 minutes ago, Triple Threat said:

Due to weather forecast, the Irish will NOT be tailgating at Tech tomorrow night. The tailgate has been moved to Silver Circle at 1102 Fletcher Ave, and will run 4:45-6:15pm. All are invited to enjoy pizza, snacks, and of course some Irish fellowship.

Oh man. Gonna be jam packed! Coach Mentzer is gonna need an extra bartender or two. It is only 1.6 miles from Arsenal Tech or 7 minute drive. Tons of Cathedral nostalgia all over the bar if you haven’t been before. Columbus East is welcome. It’s kinda like The Linebacker of Cathedral football. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy