• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Olympian06

Columbus East @ Cathedral

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Triple Threat said:

Due to weather forecast, the Irish will NOT be tailgating at Tech tomorrow night. The tailgate has been moved to Silver Circle at 1102 Fletcher Ave, and will run 4:45-6:15pm. All are invited to enjoy pizza, snacks, and of course some Irish fellowship.

The weather forecast is not that bad for tomorrow night.  The rain should not arrive until 9 or 10PM or later according to the latest weather forecast.  I believe this action is premature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 2:54 PM, southend said:

I'm goin with the Catholics in this one. although I might change my mind. East has a lot of weapons also, its just how the deploy them that I'm wavering on, making my choice. 

Too many studs go East to handle.  Catholics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think east has a good chance in this one , but it is in irish 'territory' if there is such a  thing. Only thing home field means in this one is the color of jersey  the irish wear. Irish alumni have some big names and no doubt some big money start a drive fund  . Hard to imagine the all time winningest high school in state history still doesn't have a home field.. May have to be a block away but ............    Our Lady Fatima retreat house move on down the line somewhere.  .. . .Looks like a large chunk of land just north &  north north/west of the practice field on satellite maps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Still think east has a good chance in this one , but it is in irish 'territory' if there is such a  thing. Only thing home field means in this one is the color of jersey  the irish wear. Irish alumni have some big names and no doubt some big money start a drive fund  . Hard to imagine the all time winningest high school in state history still doesn't have a home field.. May have to be a block away but ............    Our Lady Fatima retreat house move on down the line somewhere.  .. . .Looks like a large chunk of land just north &  north north/west of the practice field on satellite maps. 

Arsenal Tech has been where Cathedral has been playing most of their home games for a few years. That has definitely been their homefield and they treat it as such, there is a long history of Cathedral playing at Tech.

The chunk of land north and north/west of Cathedral is very hilly (the schools sits on top of a hill) and I believe not all of that land is owned by Cathedral. They have a field they just can't put lights up (some ordinance I believe). It wouldn't surprise me if in the future they build a stadium at Brunnette Park which is a 35 acre facility that Cathedral purchased with a big donation from an Alumni it was named after. They built their baseball field there and have future things going to happen there. I'm not sure what exactly the future plans are, but here is an article about the park http://www.townepost.com/indiana/geist/brunette-park-place-call-home/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Planning on making the trip up for this one, I'm expecting a close game til the very end. Good luck to both teams. I think it is going to come down to turnovers, I know East's defense is good enough to cause a few. If they can do that and make a big play or 2 on offense I think they can win it late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GAMMMMMMME DAYYYY! The Olympians have a tough task, many believe the state championship game has already been played. Decatur Central vs Cathedral. I would like to think it hasn’t, but I guess time will tell. 

I expect a huge turnout from both sides, looking forward to watching a great game at a great facility. 

Go O’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FishDuck said:

Planning on making the trip up for this one, I'm expecting a close game til the very end. Good luck to both teams. I think it is going to come down to turnovers, I know East's defense is good enough to cause a few. If they can do that and make a big play or 2 on offense I think they can win it late. 

Turnovers and Special Teams are a big key in this type of game.

Both Cathedral and Columbus East do well in creating turnovers.

Columbus East 12 Int's 7 Fumble Recoveries / Cathedral 10 Int's 7 Fumble Recoveries

Big Plays on Special Teams can be key too and or flipping field position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for knowledgeable Irish fans. Do they allow parking in the lots north of Longshore Stadium? It looks like there is a Jr High & some other buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 6:28 PM, Olympian06 said:

So I guess you were just talking out your butt when you said Cathedral by ATLEAST 21? You continue to contradict yourself. You are starting to become a waste of breath. I sent you a PM tho, so let me know if you want the bet or you are just spewing BS like most of the time. 

Classic! You are absolutely a waste of breath! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rebeldad said:

Classic! You are absolutely a waste of breath! 

What a reply! I’m guessing it took you a while to think of that. I’m guessing a much longer time then Roncalli was in the tournament....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

What a reply! I’m guessing it took you a while to think of that. I’m guessing a much longer time then Roncalli was in the tournament....

Took me 5 seconds.  Nice shot at my Rebels.   Let's close this out,  I will give you the 21 points that I said the Irish will win by for $50.  You win, I will send you a Visa Gift Card for $50.    Congrats,  for the first time in 20 years you have me rooting for the Irish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rebeldad said:

Took me 5 seconds.  Nice shot at my Rebels.   Let's close this out,  I will give you the 21 points that I said the Irish will win by for $50.  You win, I will send you a Visa Gift Card for $50.    Congrats,  for the first time in 20 years you have me rooting for the Irish.  

Done! 

And Redzone, this is a very friendly wager. @Rebeldad and I always get along great :). I’m actually donating my very not hard earned money to him. This is an easy win for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slice60 said:

Question for knowledgeable Irish fans. Do they allow parking in the lots north of Longshore Stadium? It looks like there is a Jr High & some other buildings.

Typically the visiting team has their tailgate north of the stadium and yes there's parking there.  Arriving early is the key to parking though.  It's also a slow process exiting the area after the game but normally there's some police to help with the situation.

20 minutes ago, Rebeldad said:

Took me 5 seconds.  Nice shot at my Rebels.   Let's close this out,  I will give you the 21 points that I said the Irish will win by for $50.  You win, I will send you a Visa Gift Card for $50.    Congrats,  for the first time in 20 years you have me rooting for the Irish.  

Thanks for the support!:13_v:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Done! 

And Redzone, this is a very friendly wager. @Rebeldad and I always get along great :). I’m actually donating my very not hard earned money to him. This is an easy win for him. 

I was about to say the same thing. Maybe a denotion to our favorite charity by the winner.  Again, you should be commended as you are having me pull for the Irish tonight.  I am actually ashamed of myself.

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Bet should be $50 to the GRIDIRONDIGEST!!!     But hey, what do I know......

 

I do love this Irish Hype video from their twitter today 

https://twitter.com/CathedralFBall/status/931551072396734466

 

I am all in on that Coach!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rebeldad said:

I was about to say the same thing. Maybe a denotion to our favorite charity by the winner.  Again, you should be commended as you are having me pull for the Irish tonight.  I am actually ashamed of myself.

 

19 minutes ago, Redzone10 said:

Folks...no betting on this forum please.

 Cathedral by 35.

You want in on that 35 points? 

1 minute ago, Rebeldad said:

I was about to say the same thing. Maybe a denotion to our favorite charity by the winner.  Again, you should be commended as you are having me pull for the Irish tonight.  I am actually ashamed of myself.

We can do the GID or whatever you would like? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to see a lot of Irish fans at this game tonight.  It's the most important game of the season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cathedral fumbles on its 2nd snap, CE recovers and runs 5 plays for a TD

Columbus East - 7

Cathedral - 0

9:56 left in the 1st

Cathedral scores on 49 yard Tipped TD pass, great catch by Collins in the deflection.

Columbus East - 7

Cathedral - 7

7:24 left in the 1st. 

 

East goes 3 and out, then stops Cathedral on 4th and 5 to take over at CE 40. Columbus East drives the field for a TD.

Columbus East - 14

Cathedral - 7

29.1 left in the 1st quarter.

 

Edited by Olympian06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cathedral scores on a 3rd and Goal from the 9

Columbus East - 14

Cathedral - 13 (blocked XP)

5:35 left  in the half 

CE punts but Cathedral muff’s the punt (like Bloomington south did) and East recovered on the Irish 7, Streiff then gets an unsportsmanlike penalty. 

 

Columbus East - 21

Cathedral - 13 

1:31 left in the half 

 

Columbus East - 28

Cathedral - 13

4.9 seconds left in the half 

 

Columbus East - 28

Cathedral - 13

Halftime

Edited by Olympian06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Columbus East throws a 23yard TD pass for a TD. 

Columbus East - 35

Cathedral - 13

7:45 in the 3rd

Edited by Olympian06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.