• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
RDP fan

Another Lowell Bishop Dwenger Semi State

Looks like another great game against Dwenger. Don’t know anything about this team. Seems like the teams we have seen in the past were all big, fast and well coached. What is this team like? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Excellent defense and above average offense 

Sounds familiar...

• Haha 1

I remember a game, 2007? That Tyler Eifert about beat us by himself. They have been good games. Hoping this will be a Saturday game. Has anyone heard anything?

Edited by RDP fan
  • Thanks 1

Dwenger is always well coached you can bet on that . They play unselfish and always seem to not beat themselves up with dumb mistakes. Should be a good ballgame 

Edited by 260SportsGuru
  • Upvote 1

So this game is the SUMMIT city's last stand? I guess the Woodburn team, but that's a stretch, so the last Fort Wayne  team in. I think they have it, to go to Lucas oil this year. We shall see.

Based on the Lowell folks on the other thread, we may as well just hand them the trophy!  This Dwenger team does’t have Any D1 talent in the senior class. Defense is good. Offense not so much. I’m sure we will give it our best shot! Glad we don’t have to travel for our “beat down”. Have you all booked your rooms in Indy as you said you would?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DwengerLifer said:

Based on the Lowell folks on the other thread, we may as well just hand them the trophy!  This Dwenger team does’t have Any D1 talent in the senior class. Defense is good. Offense not so much. I’m sure we will give it our best shot! Glad we don’t have to travel for our “beat down”. Have you all booked your rooms in Indy as you said you would?

Lowell has the utmost respect for Dwenger. I’m pretty sure the other thread has to do more with Lowell’s history with Radtke than it has to do with NP. Radtke is Lowell’s favorite coach to beat for numerous reasons. I’m sure Lowell will have to be ready for Dwenger but at same time Dwenger will have to be ready for Lowell. 

56 minutes ago, DwengerLifer said:

I respect you guys.  Our previous opponent, not so much.  This will be epic.  I think the winner of this game (RDP in my off the cuff assessment) has an inside track to winning state.  Good luck, Saints.

35 minutes ago, futbolfan said:

Lowell has the utmost respect for Dwenger. I’m pretty sure the other thread has to do more with Lowell’s history with Radtke than it has to do with NP. Radtke is Lowell’s favorite coach to beat for numerous reasons. I’m sure Lowell will have to be ready for Dwenger but at same time Dwenger will have to be ready for Lowell. 

Although I can’t speak for our entire fan base, there is a much higher degree of respect for Bishop Dwenger.  I would say more so than East Central and whoever their opponent is in the Southern Semu-State combined.

On another note, it was fun to see RR predictably lose last night!!!

Red Devils and Saints in another battle. Although it’s not a traditional every year type rivalry, I consider it a rivalry non the less. And I expect this one to be just as good as the others. If I’m not mistaken, the home team has held serve in each of the previous matchups. Hopefully that holds true again this year. Based on all the reports, we might be in store for one of those nail biter, down to the wire 10-7 type games. 

Looking forward to hosting the RDP folks in Ft Wayne. I hope you bring everyone and we fill the place up. 

On 11/7/2017 at 1:35 PM, Shannon Staley Robinson said:

I guess you could say that Lowell has the advantage statistically throwing but NP almost averaged double the rushing yards per game (418 vs 202) while the average is not so far apart on the average of passing per game (98 yrds per game vs 54)....The biggest disparity is between their top point scorers with NP's sophomore (#5) averaging 14.5 points per game with Lowell's Cashetta averaging 5.3.....I definitely think this will be both teams toughest matchup of the season....I actually think this will be a tougher game than the semi-state matchup.  Whoever wins this game probably should consider making some hotel plans for Indy for Thanksgiving weekend!  Best of Luck!

The only mention of Indy Hotels, was by an angry women from NP, who posted a few rants and disappeared. I don’t think you  will find any disrespect for BD amongst the Lowell fan base. Should be a good game. What is BD style of play?

• Upvote 2

Cue Jim Nantz. Lowell vs Dwenger, a tradition unlike any other. As some mentioned the tone of the Lowell/NP thread had more to do with Region enemy #1, former Griffith coach Russ Radtke, coming back to the Inferno.

I hate to break out the cliches, but I see special teams and the defense willing to make the last stand as deciding factors. A 20-17 or 17-14 type of game being decided by the field position battle and a few big offensive plays. A game of beauty. 

Lowell should watch film of the last NP drive and see what happens when you take the foot off the pedal. They should have walked out of The Inferno with a 25-14 W. they basically stopped playing at the 2 minute mark and let NP pick up a garbage time TD. Could have been a miracle ending had NP recovered the onside kick. 

7 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Cue Jim Nantz. Lowell vs Dwenger, a tradition unlike any other. As some mentioned the tone of the Lowell/NP thread had more to do with Region enemy #1, former Griffith coach Russ Radtke, coming back to the Inferno.

I hate to break out the cliches, but I see special teams and the defense willing to make the last stand as deciding factors. A 20-17 or 17-14 type of game being decided by the field position battle and a few big offensive plays. A game of beauty. 

Lowell should watch film of the last NP drive and see what happens when you take the foot off the pedal. They should have walked out of The Inferno with a 25-14 W. they basically stopped playing at the 2 minute mark and let NP pick up a garbage time TD. Could have been a miracle ending had NP recovered the onside kick. 

I would have loved 25-14, but I digress...

1 hour ago, DwengerLifer said:

No. the game will be at St Francis

Field turf, right? Looks like a VERY nice venue on Google Earth. I'm assuming the visitor side will be way too small for Lowell. Has Dwenger been moving away from playing at Zollner? 

Edited by Boilernation

6 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Field turf, right? Looks like a VERY nice venue on Google Earth. I'm assuming the visitor side will be way too small for Lowell. Has Dwenger been moving away from playing at Zollner? 

They did play at St. Francis during the sectionals. However I’ve heard conflicting reports regarding this weeks game. I would wait for a definitive answer as to where the game will be. 

8 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Not exactly, because Bishop Dwenger has some years left on the cooperative lease, if you will. When Concordia Lutheran wanted their Tennis Center to be refurbished, some years back, Bishop Dwenger footed the bill, in exchange for an access to the football stadium for home games. This 2017 season, found the natural sod playing surface, was showing signs, of a beating down, early, and often. It would be best to leave to rest, and for the normal rejuvenation process to begin. Sorry, but unable to address, what steps Concordia will employ to pump up the process, before next football season. Is there such a thing as steroids for sod surfaces, then just an application of a grand grass seed blend, and loads of chemical fertilizers?

36 minutes ago, new money said:

They did play at St. Francis during the sectionals. However I’ve heard conflicting reports regarding this weeks game. I would wait for a definitive answer as to where the game will be. 

On ABC 21's (WPTA) 11:10 P.M. Friday evening Sports program, THE SCORE; last night, Assistant Sports Director, Dean Pantazzi, reported, that the venue for next Friday's (Nov. 17th.) game had already been decided for playing the contest, at the Kevin Donley Field; Bishop John M. D'Arcy Stadium; University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, Indiana.  

Edited by statmurp

The visitors side is ridiculously small, however, there was a recent addition behind the south end zone which should take a large number,

I really hope this will be a Saturday game. 2 1/2 hour drive with a time change will make it very difficult for many to attend.

8 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

I really hope this will be a Saturday game. 2 1/2 hour drive with a time change will make it very difficult for many to attend.

Region vs Fort Wayne should always be a Saturday tilt. Region fans, especially those commuting into Chicago, might as well skip work on Friday to make a trip out to Fort Wayne for a Friday night.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Region vs Fort Wayne should always be a Saturday tilt. Region fans, especially those commuting into Chicago, might as well skip work on Friday to make a trip out to Fort Wayne for a Friday night.

Anyone know who makes the ultimate decision on this? Coaches? IHSAA?

• Like 1