• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
RDP fan

Another Lowell Bishop Dwenger Semi State

1 minute ago, Ursus Maritimus said:

Jusevitch and Dwenger special teams (or lack thereof) were the difference. I would think more than IU would be looking at the kid. 

Game script is exactly what Lowell wanted. Played their game and got the W. 

there was but he verballled strong before his JR year I believe so others have backed off.  been very solid IU for a bit now

14 minutes ago, 08saint said:

Lowell salting this one away up 21-7, they are an impressive team with a solid defense, bunch of scrappy kids along with the man among boys #6

Dwenger just doesnt have the horses this year.  Regional champions is a pretty solid year for this squad.

good luck to the Devils next week you have a nice program

Great game, Saints.  I hope for many more...

Well the rain held until the end, but just barely. As I sit here still in the parking lot, wet and cold, I want to give the Lowell Red Devils a shout out. These young men came to Fort Wayne and were as advertised. Tough as nails all night. And if IU does land #6, he will be a good one for them. Saints had their chances, but only a couple. They really needed to get all the breaks to pull of the win. Didn’t go their way, but like always, they will be back. 

Go get em next week Lowell. Should be a fun game. Two programs from complete opposite corners of the state that have so many similarities  

Until 2018 all. 

• Upvote 2

CONGRATULATIONS to the Red Devils. Hope everyone gets home safe in this rain. Beat East Central.

RDP  

Thank you to the Lowell fan who walked up to me at the box office and handed me a free ticket. My furnace went out this morning and was down yo my last $20. Thank you. 

• Upvote 3

Good game Lowell! Good luck!  Definitely one of the better defenses that we played against. Outcome not a big surprise. We did not run effectively against a decent team this year. No offense, your defense is good. Too many mistakes on our part, good win for you! We beat East Central in 15. I’m sure you will get the win.  Look out for us next year!

53 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

Hated the way this game started

Had to overcome the adversity...

8 minutes ago, DwengerLifer said:

Good game Lowell! Good luck!  Definitely one of the better defenses that we played against. Outcome not a big surprise. We did not run effectively against a decent team this year. No offense, your defense is good. Too many mistakes on our part, good win for you! We beat East Central in 15. I’m sure you will get the win.  Look out for us next year!

I’d love to see you guys come to the Inferno!

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

there was but he verballled strong before his JR year I believe so others have backed off.  been very solid IU for a bit now

I can only hope Coach Brohm will jump on I-65, head north, and work his magic...

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Had to overcome the adversity...

I’d love to see you guys come to the Inferno!

I can only hope Coach Brohm will jump on I-65, head north, and work his magic...

Boiler Up!!

I was surprised at Dwengers size. Looked like a small college team. The Saints had a solid defense. Played hard and clean all night. Hats off to their coaching staff and program. darn that was a long wet ride home. Just walked in the door. Congrats to those Lowell Red Devils,

See you in Indy!

Edited by RDP fan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RDP fan said:

I was surprised at Dwengers size. Looked like a small college team. The Saints had a solid defense. Played hard and clean all night. Hats off to their coaching staff and program. darn that was a long wet ride home. Just walked in the door. Congrats to those Lowell Red Devils,

See you in Indy!

That left tackle has a visit to Notre Dame Saturday...just a junior

5 hours ago, 08saint said:

Lowell salting this one away up 21-7, they are an impressive team with a solid defense, bunch of scrappy kids along with the man among boys #6

Dwenger just doesnt have the horses this year.  Regional champions is a pretty solid year for this squad.

good luck to the Devils next week you have a nice program

Dwenger has the horses..Saint..they are still young ponies.....Most of the roster returns led by the left tackle, the placekicker  and the QB?

Cant believe the rain held off until right at the end of the game...

• Upvote 1

Congrats to both teams- great game. I don't mind watching defense at all. 

12 hours ago, Ursus Maritimus said:

Jusevitch and Dwenger special teams (or lack thereof) were the difference. I would think more than IU would be looking at the kid. 

Game script is exactly what Lowell wanted. Played their game and got the W. 

I would agree. Dwenger D on the field too much and looked tired after the half. In the second half,  the Lowell offense just pounded them with their running game- relentless. Dwenger had been hitting the Lowell backs in the first half but were catching them and getting a ride for five yards in the second. Lowell defense was stout as well - totally shut down the running game. 

Good luck to Lowell in Indy!

Dwenger has a bright future ahead. Hard to believe this is the same team that I saw scrimmage Carroll in August and lose big to Homestead. Says a lot about the kids and the coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SpartanFan said:

Congrats to both teams- great game. I don't mind watching defense at all. 

I would agree. Dwenger D on the field too much and looked tired after the half. In the second half,  the Lowell offense just pounded them with their running game- relentless. Dwenger had been hitting the Lowell backs in the first half but were catching them and getting a ride for five yards in the second. Lowell defense was stout as well - totally shut down the running game. 

Good luck to Lowell in Indy!

Dwenger has a bright future ahead. Hard to believe this is the same team that I saw scrimmage Carroll in August and lose big to Homestead. Says a lot about the kids and the coaching staff. 

I'm presuming Lowell still does 4 corners and conditioning BEFORE practice, then practice, then condition. It breeds!

I'm going off my time coaching at KV w a former Lowell assistant (under Coach Kennedy) as our HFB. We did this and were trending upwards in this "breed".  Coach Kilmer was also an assistant under Kennedy. 

Lowell Just seems to NEVER get tired. LOVE IT!  

I Remember one of our biggest rivals asking what we do to be fresh at the end of the game as they were tired, gassed, and winded. 

Dwengers only chance in this game was to start hot and then hold on somehow.

Dropped a possible pick six on lowells first drive (Dwenger db had a cast on one arm.) 3 muffed punts, only 1 recovered by Lowell, but the others costed field position)  Also Dwengers first offensive play was a trick play where wide open reciever was missed by a foot or so.  

Once Lowell got its feet under them and their lines started dominating both sides of the line, Dwenger really had no chance.  Without penalties BD would not have scored their one TD. Lowell also dropped a walk in TD pass, score could have been worse. 

Once #6 gets North and South, he will gain a minimum of 5 yards and there is nothing anyone can do about it, Lowells 3rd and 4th down conversion rate had to be unreal.

Dwenger needed its 2010 team to have a shot against the Lowell team i saw last night.

Excited to see how they match up with East Central

A vote for Dwenger Dad to sing National Anthem at State Final games.  I've listened to this 2-3 times now and it is awesome IMO!