• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
RDP fan

Another Lowell Bishop Dwenger Semi State

34 minutes ago, new money said:

Anyone know who makes the ultimate decision on this? Coaches? IHSAA?

From the IHSAA.org website, under Football Tournament Playoff, for a Semi-State contest, this is the stated information:

Date: Friday, November 17, 2017.
Times: 7 pm local time or as determined by host school.
Admission: $10 per person.
Official Football: The Wilson 1003 GST, the official football of the IHSAA state tournament, will be provided by the IHSAA for all semi-state games. | Wilson ad 

Determining Home Team
Classes 2A, 4A & 6A
*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 20 is higher than Sect. 17).

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Region vs Fort Wayne should always be a Saturday tilt. Region fans, especially those commuting into Chicago, might as well skip work on Friday to make a trip out to Fort Wayne for a Friday night.

Could happen.

At the very least, they should push the start time back an hour right?

20 minutes ago, new money said:

At the very least, they should push the start time back an hour right?

The current time setting information on the Bishop Dwenger November Calendar, is showing 7:30 P.M. (EST). It is not out of the realm of possibility, that the time of the contest start, could be pushed back another 30 Minutes, to the eight o'clock hour. Wait and see about any change. Usually there will be an IHSAA Northern district meeting with Coaches, Athletic Directors, and possibly Principals, of the remaining schools of the six classes, at a pre-determined site (Usually, in Plymouth, IN.) on Monday morning, November 13th. Each participating school, receives their IHSAA contest instructions, and complement of IHSAA issued game (Semi-State) admission for sale) tickets. Then the host schools, can have a discussion with the visiting schools about any time of start changes.

Edited by statmurp
mis-spelled word

25 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Thought I read a tweet that the game is NOT at St. Francis. 

From WPTA ABC21 'THE SCORE' sports report program:   LINK below;

http://www.wpta21.com/story/36819100/the-score-carmel-ends-sniders-season-bishop-dwenger-routs-angola-woodlan-moves-on

From WANE CBS, News Channel 15; The 'HIGHLIGHT ZONE':  LINK below;

http://wane.com/2017/11/11/11-10-highlight-zone-regional-championships/

Edited by statmurp

1 hour ago, statmurp said:

From WPTA ABC21 'THE SCORE' sports report program:   LINK below;

http://www.wpta21.com/story/36819100/the-score-carmel-ends-sniders-season-bishop-dwenger-routs-angola-woodlan-moves-on

From WANE CBS, News Channel 15; The 'HIGHLIGHT ZONE':  LINK below;

http://wane.com/2017/11/11/11-10-highlight-zone-regional-championships/

NOTE: From a source in the decision making process, here is new information, about the Class 4A Northern Semi-State Game. With some reflection to the actual existing facilities for the game venue, and for the better accommodation of both school's fan bases. There has been a decision, for returning to (Concordia Lutheran's) Fred Zollner Memorial Stadium, at 3800 N. Anthony Blvd., in Fort Wayne. The contest time, has been adjusted for an 8:00 O'clock P.M. (EST) start; I.E., which is the same as a 7:00 P.M. (CST) in the Region's Time Zone.

I remember when Lowell upset Dwenger at the Inferno in 2009 the game was played on a Saturday.  Lowell fans rocked the Inferno that night.

So many links. Still don't where or when the game is. I guess I'll wait for a verbal announcement ahead. Might not go to school, if game is a Friday! 

1 minute ago, rdpfootball said:

So many links. Still don't where or when the game is. I guess I'll wait for a verbal announcement ahead. Might not go to school, if game is a Friday! 

Check 2 posts above your last one. 

At Zollner Stadium in Ft. Wayne. 

8 pm EST KICK OFF (7 pm CST). 

3 minutes ago, rdpfootball said:

read two post above this one

• Upvote 1

Just now, Coach Ellenwood said:

Check 2 posts above your last one. 

At Zollner Stadium in Ft. Wayne. 

8 pm EST KICK OFF (7 pm CST). 

Sounds good! Was pretty confused! RDP! You making the trip?

Just now, Coach Ellenwood said:

Uh, no.  Lol.

Just wondering. Interested to see how many plan to go. Looks like a little more visitor side seating. 

53 minutes ago, rdpfootball said:

Just wondering. Interested to see how many plan to go. Looks like a little more visitor side seating. 

Concordia Lutheran's Fred Zollner Memorial Stadium:

ZollnerStadium_simpleviewinc.com_.jpg

West Side, Home Bleacher seating: zollner1.jpg

East Side, Visitor Bleacher Seating: zollner2.jpg

• Thanks 1

The east side holds 2,500. That was our side the last time you all came to Town. This year we switch sides to the west side. It holds 2,000.

Be safe driving to Fort Wayne. Good luck to the Red Devils.

Where can one find video of some of your games? You can see some of ours on YouTube. Search for summitcity sports. I love to study film before i give my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mebuck said:

The east side holds 2,500. That was our side the last time you all came to Town. This year we switch sides to the west side. It holds 2,000.

Where can one find video of some of your games? You can see some of ours on YouTube. Search for summitcity sports. I love to study film before i give my 2 cents.

I always do the same!

https://www.regionsports.com/2017/11/03/watch-live-griffith-at-lowell/

Also visit https://www.facebook.com/regionsports/ for NP's game!

Edited by rdpfootball

11 minutes ago, mebuck said:

Try the Region Sports Network website: Here is a Link to one of Lowell's earlier 'LIVE STREAMED' Games:

https://www.regionsports.com/2017/10/13/watch-live-lowell-at-hobart/

Going to do this again! It went really well with NP so basically post what you think the final score for Lowell vs Bishop Dwenger will be! Give a small explanation if needed! It might be a little early to say, so take your time looking at film and stats! 

Lowell - 23

Bishop Dwenger - 10

I can see Dwenger scoring only 10. But feel like Lowell putting up 23 might be tough. I really believe that it will be a defensive showcase on both sides. I will go with a 13-10 BD win. The long trek across the state gives the home team a better than typical advantage. Like 3 points. 

Change it to Saturday so more people can go, watch or listen. Winner turns around and plays State Finals on Small Business Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommy said:

Change it to Saturday so more people can go, watch or listen. Winner turns around and plays State Finals on Small Business Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium anyways.

I could be completely incorrect about this, but usually, this announcement, of the date and the game start time, have already been agreed too within a telephone conversation during the day of Saturday, Nov. 11th. between both schools' Athletic Directors; especially, after consulting with both head coaches. Surly, 'LIVE STREAMING' VIDEO, online, shall be available by more then one provider. I'm not privileged for  knowledge about, which Region Streaming service is planning to cover this contest, but the Region Sports Network seems likely. Also, Broadcastsport.net, usually becomes involved. Here in Fort Wayne, we have a 'LIVE STREAMING' service (SUMMITCITYSPORTS.com also known as 260sports), which has been covering the Summit Athletic Conference (all ten schools - five games) all season, as long as they find a WI-FI connection at each game site. They stream on YouTube, FACEBOOK, and Twitter, and usually the quality is quite good; I.E., 720P. Allen County Voice gets into the act, with their LIVE stream as well, but I would believing, they will be covering the Class 2A Northern Semi-State, of the Woodlan 'Warriors' game. IHSAA.org. will publish the approved media outlets for all of the Semi-State games, about mid-week, if not sooner, and broadcastsport.com will also publish approved media outlets (Who's Broadcasting Where) on their website. 

Edited by statmurp

Great matchup......Some teams have a great defense on paper because their offense has the ball all the time.

That is not the case here.

• Upvote 1

BD is playing really good at the right time, they will win by small margin, 1 to 4

• Haha 1