• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
RDP fan

Another Lowell Bishop Dwenger Semi State

22 hours ago, futbolfan said:

Lowell has the utmost respect for Dwenger. I’m pretty sure the other thread has to do more with Lowell’s history with Radtke than it has to do with NP. Radtke is Lowell’s favorite coach to beat for numerous reasons. I’m sure Lowell will have to be ready for Dwenger but at same time Dwenger will have to be ready for Lowell. 

This is a major league matchup....top defenses....

The home team has a big advantage but I don't think anybody at Lowell thought they'd be playing Angola

12 hours ago, tommy said:

Change it to Saturday so more people can go, watch or listen. Winner turns around and plays State Finals on Small Business Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium anyways.

Exactly, Tommy..

Many of us cant make it across the state on Friday night....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DwengerLifer said:

Based on the Lowell folks on the other thread, we may as well just hand them the trophy!  This Dwenger team does’t have Any D1 talent in the senior class. Defense is good. Offense not so much. I’m sure we will give it our best shot! Glad we don’t have to travel for our “beat down”. Have you all booked your rooms in Indy as you said you would?

The deceptive phrase here is that Dwenger has No D-1 talent...... 'in the senior class'.

If you will recall, it was a woman from NP that decided last weeks game was for Indy. Any longtime Lowell fan will remember The Past Dwenger games. How many semi state trophies does Bishop Dwenger own?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RDP fan said:

If you will recall, it was a woman from NP that decided last weeks game was for Indy. Any longtime Lowell fan will remember The Past Dwenger games. How many semi state trophies does Bishop Dwenger own?

Dwenger has won 9 semi-state titles, Lowell has won 3.

• Haha 1

Good luck Saints. Win one for the Summit City!

14-13 Dwenger. 

Travel is the sole difference for the score. I was wrong last week. As a regionite, hope I'm wrong again. 

Edited by Coach Ellenwood
  • Upvote 1

5 of the last 6 semi-states the Dwenger played in the opponent was a region school

When East Chicago traveled and lost to Dwenger in the semistate in 2013 the game was on a Friday.

When Hammond Morton hosted and lost to Dwenger in the semistate in 2010 the game was on a Saturday.

When Lowell hosted and upset Dwenger in the semistate in 2009 the game was on a Saturday

When Lowell traveled and lost to Dwenger in the semistate in 2008 the game was on a Saturday 

When Lowell hosted and beat Dwenger in the semistate in 2007 the game was on a Friday

17 hours ago, statmurp said:

I could be completely incorrect about this, but usually, this announcement, of the date and the game start time, have already been agreed too within a telephone conversation during the day of Saturday, Nov. 11th. between both schools' Athletic Directors; especially, after consulting with both head coaches. Surly, 'LIVE STREAMING' VIDEO, online, shall be available by more then one provider. I'm not privileged for  knowledge about, which Region Streaming service is planning to cover this contest, but the Region Sports Network seems likely. Also, Broadcastsport.net, usually becomes involved. Here in Fort Wayne, we have a 'LIVE STREAMING' service (SUMMITCITYSPORTS.com also known as 260sports), which has been covering the Summit Athletic Conference (all ten schools - five games) all season, as long as they find a WI-FI connection at each game site. They stream on YouTube, FACEBOOK, and Twitter, and usually the quality is quite good; I.E., 720P. Allen County Voice gets into the act, with their LIVE stream as well, but I would believing, they will be covering the Class 2A Northern Semi-State, of the Woodlan 'Warriors' game. IHSAA.org. will publish the approved media outlets for all of the Semi-State games, about mid-week, if not sooner, and broadcastsport.com will also publish approved media outlets (Who's Broadcasting Where) on their website. 

I'm attending the Michigan City @ Kokomo game Friday night but want to watch the Lowell @ Dwenger game because several of the Lowell junior and senior players are the same ones that the current junior and senior Michigan City  players competed against when they played for Southlake Pop Warner throughout the past decade.

31 minutes ago, tommy said:

I'm attending the Michigan City @ Kokomo game Friday night but want to watch the Lowell @ Dwenger game because several of the Lowell junior and senior players are the same ones that the current junior and senior Michigan City  players competed against when they played for Southlake Pop Warner throughout the past decade.

Okay, you can view this contest, 'LIVE' on the online stream, or view the replay, which shall remain available, after the fact, on the same SUMMITCITYSPORTS YouTube channel. Also Summit City Sports, will have it on their FACEBOOK page, and on Twitter, @260sports

3 hours ago, statmurp said:

Okay, you can view this contest, 'LIVE' on the online stream, or view the replay, which shall remain available, after the fact, on the same SUMMITCITYSPORTS YouTube channel. Also Summit City Sports, will have it on their FACEBOOK page, and on Twitter, @260sports

Is the Video quality of SUMMITCITYSPORTS live streams any good?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tommy said:

You can look for your self. Check it out on You Tube. Its free. You do need to subscribe. Some announcers i can't stand. But some are good. 

Edited by mebuck

13 minutes ago, tommy said:

I watched the Carmel/Snider game there Friday night and the video feed was outstanding. 

I will be at this game either way, but my goodness would I prefer a Saturday!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RDP fan said:

I will be at this game either way, but my goodness would I prefer a Saturday!

Not that it should make a big difference, but rain is being forecast for Friday evening, in our neck of the woods. And since the game is being played on a beat up natural sod surface, rather then synthetic sports turf, each team will be experiencing the same atmospheric conditions of what most likely will be muddy. If the game would have been played at the University Of St. Francis' Bishop John M. D'Arcy Stadium (Kevin Donley Field), the surface is synthetic sports turf. The needle on the meter. for deciding which place to play, was made on a few different factors. The USF stadium has really great seating on the home side, but not so much on the visitors side. There is some pretty good seating above the football program's weight room which also houses the visiting team's locker room, behind the South end line. Concessions are mostly nil, with the exception of college game day food trucks. Before any high school game can be played, temporary wider width hash marks have to be painted in every five yards. So at Zollner, the seating is better suited for H.S. football and there are concession stands and restrooms on both sides of the stadium. Also, USF has an NAIA Quarter Final HOME football playoff game on Saturday at noon; -VS.- Benedictine College of Atchison, Kansas

Edited by statmurp

5 hours ago, tommy said:

Video feed for summit city sports is pretty darn good for what it is and the announcers do a pretty good job defintly a great option for those who can't attend or just the casual fan.

7 hours ago, 260SportsGuru said:

Video feed for summit city sports is pretty darn good for what it is and the announcers do a pretty good job defintly a great option for those who can't attend or just the casual fan.

I would agree, their stream quality seems to be one of the best I've seen in Northern Indiana....except for last week when I tried streaming the Homestead/Northridge basketball game, they weren't able to find a decent wifi connection, so I had to listen to the new level media broadcast until my ears bled and I went to bed.

9 hours ago, statmurp said:

Not that it should make a big difference, but rain is being forecast for Friday evening, in our neck of the woods. And since the game is being played on a beat up natural sod surface, rather then synthetic sports turf, each team will be experiencing the same atmospheric conditions of what most likely will be muddy. If the game would have been played at the University Of St. Francis' Bishop John M. D'Arcy Stadium (Kevin Donley Field), the surface is synthetic sports turf. The needle on the meter. for deciding which place to play, was made on a few different factors. The USF stadium has really great seating on the home side, but not so much on the visitors side. There is some pretty good seating above the football program's weight room which also houses the visiting team's locker room, behind the South end line. Concessions are mostly nil, with the exception of college game day food trucks. Before any high school game can be played, temporary wider width hash marks have to be painted in every five yards. So at Zollner, the seating is better suited for H.S. football and there are concession stands and restrooms on both sides of the stadium. Also, USF has an NAIA Quarter Final HOME football playoff game on Saturday at noon; -VS.- Benedictine College of Atchison, Kansas

I figure seating has to be the biggest issue here as I'm sure Lowell will travel very well to this game. USF just isn't great for high school games. A couple more sets of bleachers have been added on the visiting side, but I wouldn't count on any more in the future being added because it would take away from the view of the lake behind it that Sister Elise absolutely loves. Should be an exciting game at Zollner, hopefully the field isn't in too bad shape. Everyone should stick around for the Saint Francis playoff game on Saturday, I'll be there rooting my Cougs on!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FBCoach13 said:

I figure seating has to be the biggest issue here as I'm sure Lowell will travel very well to this game. USF just isn't great for high school games. A couple more sets of bleachers have been added on the visiting side, but I wouldn't count on any more in the future being added because it would take away from the view of the lake behind it that Sister Elise absolutely loves. Should be an exciting game at Zollner, hopefully the field isn't in too bad shape. Everyone should stick around for the Saint Francis playoff game on Saturday, I'll be there rooting my Cougs on!

Do you know exactly how many the visitor side can hold? I read it somewhere earlier but can't find it. Who plays on Saturday?

14 minutes ago, DwengerLifer said:

Visitor side can hold 2500

Not so long ago (by that, I mean some season back) on the Eastern side of Zollner Stadium, the powers to be, had for one specific game, moved a smaller set of bleachers, from the baseball facility (directly to the Southeast) up next to the permanent football stadium bleachers, when an oversize or a SRO fan base following, was being expected to attend.