• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
RDP fan

Another Lowell Bishop Dwenger Semi State

Recommended Posts

What is the bleacher situation at Homestead? It is starting to look pretty crappy weather wise, is this a turf or grass field?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RDP fan said:

What is the bleacher situation at Homestead? It is starting to look pretty crappy weather wise, is this a turf or grass field?

It’s a very nice, modern stadium. Field Turf, plenty of seating on both sides and ample parking for a big game. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great, if a fellow was looking for a craft beverage and a bite nearby?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

Sounds great, if a fellow was looking for a craft beverage and a bite nearby?

Don Hall's Tavern At Coventry is a solid choice. Pretty close and they have a good beer selection and a menu with something for everyone. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you kind sir, you are obviously both a gentleman and a scholar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homestead is a nice setting for a big game. Plenty of bleacher room, plenty of parking and the field is very nice. Good restaurants and bars all around south west ft. Wayne for the pregame and post game meals.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, komets3001 said:

Dwenger 24 - Lowell 14 - Dwenger’s strength of schedule will do them well in this game. This will be the best defense Lowell has played this year and I think they will struggle to move the ball. 

24 points seems a little high.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, new money said:

It’s a very nice, modern stadium. Field Turf, plenty of seating on both sides and ample parking for a big game. 

hom-fld.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all you Regionites coming to the Summit City this Friday - Also my recommendation if you have enough time to eat before the game and you like BBQ, check out Shigs in Pit on Fairfield Ave close to downtown, my favorite there is the Jalapeno Poppers and Burnt Ends.

From the Northeast Indiana Football Skills Camp website:  I also included the directions from the North as I'm assuming Lowell fans will be coming in off of US30.

Homestead High School is arguably the nicest football facility in Northeast Indiana. Dave S. Walters Memorial Stadium is equipped with Pro Green Turf.

Stadium_Picture_2.jpgStadium_Picture_1.jpg

“Pro Green Turf is like no other artificial turf or synthetic in-filled grass product you’ve seen! The people at Synthetic Surfaces Direct are pioneers in the synthetic turf design that is the basis for a majority of the in-filled artificial turf currently being installed on today's multipurpose athletic fields. Pro Green Turf has a more natural foot-feel and ball action than any other synthetic turf on the market.”

The Pro-Green Turf at Walters Stadium gives attendees the ability to be outside on the football field, no matter what the spring weather has given us. Walters Stadium is also surrounded by several outstanding practice fields. Traditional football cleats can be worn on both surfaces. Homestead High School is also home to two large gymnasiums that can used in case of severe weather. Please bring tennis shoes every day, in case we are inside.

Stadium_Picture_3.jpgStadium_Picture_4.jpg

Stadium_Picture_5.jpgStadium_Picture_6.jpg

 

Directions from the north:
I-69 S
Take the US-24 W exit- EXIT 102- toward HUNTINGTON for 0.2 miles.
Merge onto US-24 W toward HUNTINGTON for 0.3 miles.
Turn RIGHT onto LIBERTY MILLS RD. for 1.2 miles
Turn RIGHT onto HOMESTEAD RD. for 0.9 miles
End at Homestead High School: 4310 Homestead Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46814, US

Map_1.jpg

Map_2.jpg

Edited by NRRaider2001
food recommendation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gipper said:

will we score more?  They less?   Indulge me.

 

Actually, if weather is a factor, Lowell could score less while blanking FWBD.

Well considering the field has changed, with weather possibly playing a factor. I would say they score less. I do think Dwenger might get blanked but I don't expect more than 28 points from Lowell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rdpfootball said:

Well considering the field has changed, with weather possibly playing a factor. I would say they score less. I do think Dwenger might get blanked but I don't expect more than 28 points from Lowell. 

We don't really need 28 points anyway.  I think the defense will continue to be forceful.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

We don't really need 28 points anyway.  I think the defense will continue to be forceful.

It will.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Dwenger is there because they are very talented. Throw the records , rankings, and Sagarin ratings out the window. This will be a slugfest from start to finish.  The turf will make it very interesting with both teams using their speed as weapons. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ironmaiden said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Dwenger is there because they are very talented. Throw the records , rankings, and Sagarin ratings out the window. This will be a slugfest from start to finish.  The turf will make it very interesting with both teams using their speed as weapons. 

I'm not getting ahead of myself. I have respect for Dwenger and have nothing against them. I never look at records nor rankings and assume a team's capabilities. I base it on film and recent games. From what I have seen, I think Lowell will win. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Lowell to win, and I think they will, but... the games we have played with them have been hard hitting physical games. Bishop Dwenger will be a well coached disciplined team. These are two good teams that deserve to be where they are. I look for a close game . It is looking like crappy conditions. I cant wait!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

I like Lowell to win, and I think they will, but... the games we have played with them have been hard hitting physical games. Bishop Dwenger will be a well coached disciplined team. These are two good teams that deserve to be where they are. I look for a close game . It is looking like crappy conditions. I cant wait!

Rain or not, I'll still be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rdpfootball said:

Well considering the field has changed, with weather possibly playing a factor. I would say they score less. I do think Dwenger might get blanked but I don't expect more than 28 points from Lowell. 

Shaking my head. Having played against and watched Dwenger for all of my life, it is pretty fool hardy to come here and say you are going to shut out Dwenger in a semi-state title game. Considering they have played better teams then Lowell this year and should have beaten Snider, losing 34-31 at the buzzer after jumping out to a 21-0 first quarter lead, a shut out as you suggest is highly unlikely by Lowell. I am certainly not a Dwenger fan and really have no dog in this fight, but having watched Dwenger in person and watching Lowell on film, Dwenger should win by 10-14 points. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Shaking my head. Having played against and watched Dwenger for all of my life, it is pretty fool hardy to come here and say you are going to shut out Dwenger in a semi-state title game. Considering they have played better teams then Lowell this year and should have beaten Snider, losing 34-31 at the buzzer after jumping out to a 21-0 first quarter lead, a shut out as you suggest is highly unlikely by Lowell. I am certainly not a Dwenger fan and really have no dog in this fight, but having watched Dwenger in person and watching Lowell on film, Dwenger should win by 10-14 points. 

Will see. Watching recent film on Dwenger, they seem to allow big catches and can't seem to stop the run. Their QB seems to underperform at points. Don't get me wrong, they're a great team! That's why they're here! I think it will be a close game fought to the end, but I think Lowell gets the win!

Edited by rdpfootball
Spacing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Shaking my head. Having played against and watched Dwenger for all of my life, it is pretty fool hardy to come here and say you are going to shut out Dwenger in a semi-state title game. Considering they have played better teams then Lowell this year and should have beaten Snider, losing 34-31 at the buzzer after jumping out to a 21-0 first quarter lead, a shut out as you suggest is highly unlikely by Lowell. I am certainly not a Dwenger fan and really have no dog in this fight, but having watched Dwenger in person and watching Lowell on film, Dwenger should win by 10-14 points. 

Thats the game that sticks out to this guy as well.   Lowell has not played a team of Snider's caliber.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rdpfootball said:

Will see. Watching recent film on Dwenger, they seem to allow big catches and can't seem to stop the run. There QB seems to underperform at points. Don't get me wrong, there a great team! That's why there here! I think it will be a close game fought to the end, but I think Lowell gets the win!

Depends what QB for Dwenger you are watching as O’Keefe is far better then the other guy. O’Keefe played last week vs an undefeated Angola team and they shut them out 31-0. There is NOTHING that Lowell will do that Dwenger hasn’t seen many times over. They have to played passing teams, running teams, big teams, fast teams, and teams that hit hard. Look, Lowell has had a great year and they are something every Lowell fan should be proud of, and sure, they can win this game. What I took issue with is you saying they would shutout Dwenger. Not going to happen. This reminds me of Dwenger playing I believe East Central a couple years ago and the East Central fans were running at the mouth about how Dwenger didn’t deserve to be on the field with them, blah, blah, blah. End result, Dwenger put an a** whipping on East Central and won a state title. Be careful what you wish for... Just to add, if you watched film of them vs Snider or Homestead, throw that out as Lowell has neither the speed or athletes that those 2 teams have.

Edited by komets3001
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that is a fair point. The toughest game for Lowell was probably Crown Point early in the season. The inability of teams to run well against Lowell makes it hard to guess how good of team they really were. There are no common opponents. Looks like we will have to wait and see.

You just made me smile, I remember Nothwoods fans here last year , predicting 50 point wins, and the game a mere formality.

Edited by RDP fan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, komets3001 said:

Depends what QB for Dwenger you are watching as O’Keefe is far better then the other guy. O’Keefe played last week vs an undefeated Angola team and they shut them out 31-0. There is NOTHING that Lowell will do that Dwenger hasn’t seen many times over. They have to played passing teams, running teams, big teams, fast teams, and teams that hit hard. Look, Lowell has had a great year and they are something every Lowell fan should be proud of, and sure, they can win this game. What I took issue with is you saying they would shutout Dwenger. Not going to happen. This reminds me of Dwenger playing I believe East Central a couple years ago and the East Central fans were running at the mouth about how Dwenger didn’t deserve to be on the field with them, blah, blah, blah. End result, Dwenger put an a** whipping on East Central and won a state title. Be careful what you wish for... Just to add, if you watched film of them vs Snider or Homestead, throw that out as Lowell has neither the speed or athletes that those 2 teams have.

I understand and agree with what you say. I did say they have a chance to shut them out but not definite. Like I said it's my thoughts, on WHAT I have seen. All of this will be solved on a cold rainy night, so what me and you both said can change. I respect you and Dwenger and hold nothing against you. Obviously are thoughts will be different as we are from opposing sides.

15 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

I think that is a fair point. The toughest game for Lowell was probably Crown Point early in the season. The inability of teams to run well against Lowell makes it hard to guess how good of team they really were. There are no common opponents. Looks like we will have to wait and see.

You just made me smile, I remember Nothwoods fans here last year , predicting 50 point wins, and the game a mere formality.

That game was a heartbreak. We're a totally different team as a whole this year. I do remember the Northwood fans last year! They barely got by! Was kinda hoping for a rematch this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, rdpfootball said:

Will see. Watching recent film on Dwenger, they seem to allow big catches and can't seem to stop the run. Their QB seems to underperform at points. Don't get me wrong, they're a great team! That's why they're here! I think it will be a close game fought to the end, but I think Lowell gets the win!

What games did you watch? Stopped New Haven, stopped Snider, Wayne, Angola. We forced Snider to go to the air. I will say South Side, New Haven and Wayne came out and went down the field but that was it. Dwenger will be ready. I for one am glad its at Homestead. We seem to step up our game on that field. Hope the weather holds off. If we get lightning it's going to be a long night for you guys.

Edited by mebuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mebuck said:

What games did you watch? Stopped New Haven, stopped Snider, Wayne, Angola. We forced Snider to go to the air. I will say South Side, New Haven and Wayne came out and went down the field bit that was it. Dwenger will be ready. I for one am glad ots at Homestead. We seem to step up oir game on that field. Hope the weather holds off. If we get lightning it's going to be a long night for you guys.

They were clips against various teams. Don't know many teams outside the region so couldn't tell you. Hopefully, but I already considered not getting home until 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And one last thing who was playing quarterback in those films? Number 12? Or number 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.