• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/24/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  
RDP fan

Another Lowell Bishop Dwenger Semi State

38 minutes ago, Gipper said:

What do you base this on?  Do you have some kind of insider information that we are not privy to?  Clairvoyant perhaps? 

Clairvoyant...lol. Regionals, Semi State, and State always bring out insane predictions from those who've never seen either team play. It's a bizarre world of transitive theories and territorial biases.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, southend said:

Sauce

I'm a big fan of the sauce myself...and I ain't talking marinara!!!

59 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Clairvoyant...lol. Regionals, Semi State, and State always bring out insane predictions from those who've never seen either team play. It's a bizarre world of transitive theories and territorial biases.

And yet, the home team doesn't always win.  Then again, they are playing on a super cool piece of carpet that isn't even Dwenger's home field, so essentially it's a road game for them, too.  But as a Lowell fan, I get the distinction of those great hours on US 30...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I'm a big fan of the sauce myself...and I ain't talking marinara!!!

And yet, the home team doesn't always win.  Then again, they are playing on a super cool piece of carpet that isn't even Dwenger's home field, so essentially it's a road game for them, too.  But as a Lowell fan, I get the distinction of those great hours on US 30...

I can't wait.

20 hours ago, Gipper said:

Lowell has many other weapons: the brothers Wildman and Cedric Cascehtta also are gamers.

While I would never talk badly about a high school player, as someone has done about Tyler Wildman, I'm curious why you keep touting Cashetta.  You've mentioned him on numerous other boards as a player to watch for Lowell this year.  I'm sure he's a good kid, and a good football player in general, but he's done pretty much nothing for Lowell.  He's played a little tailback in their goal line, power I formation for a few games and got a couple TD's.  Other than that, he's played almost exclusively on special teams and late in games when they start rolling in their JV guys.  Watching the last two games(and arguably most important games because they were for championships?) he didn't touch the ball on offense against Griffith until late in the third quarter when that game was well in hand and got zero carries against New Prairie.  Just curious, with all the guys who do so much for this Lowell team, why he's the one you keep pointing out.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2017 at 7:19 PM, RDP84 said:

Good evening Tri-Creek community. As you know the Lowell Red Devil Football team has advanced to the Semi State round of the IHSAA playoffs, scheduled to be played in Fort Wayne this Friday night. Due to poor field conditions, the IHSAA has moved the game site from Zollman Stadium to Homestead High School. Game time will be 8 p.m. EST7:00 p.m. CST. Homestead is located at 4310 Homestead Rd in Ft. Wayne. It is approximately a 2:40 minute drive from Lowell.

What an embarrassment for the Fort Wayne Arch Diocese.  There is obviously not enough love going on in that church.  Time to get out of that ancient Roman times, pass the plate around and lay down a synthetic surface at that facility.

7 minutes ago, tommy said:

What an embarrassment for the Fort Wayne Arch Diocese.  There is obviously not enough love going on in that church.  Time to get out of that ancient Roman times, pass the plate around and lay down a synthetic surface at that facility.

LOL. 1st off, neither BD or the diocese own the field in question. 2nd, as others have said, if the parishioners who pay tuition at Dwenger could keep the tax dollars that pay for the public schools turf, maybe they could afford it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, RegionFan said:

While I would never talk badly about a high school player, as someone has done about Tyler Wildman, I'm curious why you keep touting Cashetta.  You've mentioned him on numerous other boards as a player to watch for Lowell this year.  I'm sure he's a good kid, and a good football player in general, but he's done pretty much nothing for Lowell.  He's played a little tailback in their goal line, power I formation for a few games and got a couple TD's.  Other than that, he's played almost exclusively on special teams and late in games when they start rolling in their JV guys.  Watching the last two games(and arguably most important games because they were for championships?) he didn't touch the ball on offense against Griffith until late in the third quarter when that game was well in hand and got zero carries against New Prairie.  Just curious, with all the guys who do so much for this Lowell team, why he's the one you keep pointing out.

I've known him since he was a little kid and witnessed how athletic he was athletic back then.  Will he wear the coveted #6 jersey?  I have no idea, but he's a good one...

37 minutes ago, RegionFan said:

7 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I've known him since he was a little kid and witnessed how athletic he was athletic back then.  Will he wear the coveted #6 jersey?  I have no idea, but he's a good one...

People don't appreciate the hard work he puts in. He's a great guy! Iv'e spoke with him on occasion and he's a great guy on and off the field. He might not be the best running back on the team but he's a well rounded athlete. I appreciate that you consider him because he's someone most people don't know. Success for an athlete follows many years of hard work and dedication.

47 minutes ago, rdpfootball said:

People don't appreciate the hard work he puts in. He's a great guy! Iv'e spoke with him on occasion and he's a great guy on and off the field. He might not be the best running back on the team but he's a well rounded athlete. I appreciate that you consider him because he's someone most people don't know. Success for an athlete follows many years of hard work and dedication.

I can dig it.  You both make solid points.  I think we all know a kid or two who doesn't really get the recognition they've earned/deserve.  Appreciate the perspective.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RegionFan said:

I can dig it.  You both make solid points.  I think we all know a kid or two who doesn't really get the recognition they've earned/deserve.  Appreciate the perspective.

Of course. It's no big deal, you were just asking a question and I wanted to give you my thoughts on him.

1 hour ago, tommy said:

Heads up we don't own Zollner Stadium we rent. In fact the two best programs in Fort Wayne don't have their own stadium. That would be Snider and Dwenger.

Edited by mebuck
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, futbolfan said:

Lol Wildman, Im a Lowell fan, but He might be the worst running back in the last 20 years at Lowell.

I think this is actually much more a function of them trying to spread the ball around and open up the offense.  Obviously it's been a work in progress through the last two years to feature more spread looks and get the ball into more hands than just that one feature back.  They were also force feeding Justevich at tailback a bit, which doesn't really seem to be his wheel house.  Much better at jet type plays and working in space, not so much in between the tackles on a routine basis.  Once they started featuring Wildman more, he has actually done quite well.  He didn't get a full share of carries until the KV game, which was game four or five, I believe.  Since then he's posted solid numbers.

1 hour ago, new money said:

LOL. 1st off, neither BD or the diocese own the field in question. 2nd, as others have said, if the parishioners who pay tuition at Dwenger could keep the tax dollars that pay for the public schools turf, maybe they could afford it. 

Ha..nice retort. Concordia owns the field, correct? Random question, do Dwenger and Luers have boundaries like the Indy Diocean schools? Or, can a kid living on the southside bypass Luers and head north for Dwenger?

Edited by Boilernation

29 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Ha..nice retort. Concordia owns the field, correct? Random question, do Dwenger and Luers have boundaries like the Indy Diocean schools? Or, can a kid living on the southside bypass Luers and head north for Dwenger?

There are identified and established “feeder schools” for both. However, I am pretty sure there is nothing to stop anyone from going to the school of their choice. And I’m positive that Indy is the same. My nieces and nephews attend(ed) a Guerin feeder school but they are not required to go there. They have been able to also consider Chatard, Cathedral and Brebeuf. 

23 hours ago, futbolfan said:

Lol Wildman, Im a Lowell fan, but He might be the worst running back in the last 20 years at Lowell.

If you think Wildman is a bad running back, you must be in another world. He's no Ike James but he for sure plays a HUGE role on our offense. He has 822 yards with 63.2 YPG. Considering he was limited at the beginning of the season. So for you to say something about a Lowell player, makes me wonder if you're actually a Lowell "fan". In fact, you're not. You should support a great athlete and student. You get on the field and put the work he puts in EVERY game. You won't. You should respect anyone that steps on to that field. Rather they play a snap or not. 

Edited by rdpfootball
  • Like 1

Shows a 66% chance of rain, 43° winds up to 15- 20 mph. The stadium goes north to south. 

21 minutes ago, mebuck said:

Shows a 66% chance of rain, 43° winds up to 15- 20 mph. The stadium goes north to south. 

Either way, I'll be there. 😂

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, rdpfootball said:

Either way, I'll be there. 😂

Me too. I sat at a Dwenger Northridge came way back. Was like a hurricane. Side ways rain.

2 minutes ago, mebuck said:

Me too. I sat at a Dwenger Northridge came way back. Was like a hurricane. Side ways rain.

It's going to be one heck of a game. Good luck to Dwenger!

Edited by rdpfootball
idk
  • Upvote 1

IHSAA Approved; Media Broadcast and Online LIVE STREAM Outlets

CLASS 4A  Host: Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger 11/17/17; Contest at Homestead H.S., Dave S. Walters Memorial Stadium

Lowell vs Fort Wayne Dwenger

1  Region Sports Webcast (3)

2 SummitCitySports (YouTube, 'LIVE' Streaming Video)

3 WJOB-AM/FM

4 WKJG-AM

5 WRDF-FM (3)

6 WTMK-FM (3)

I've been trying to find video of the new Prairie/ Lowell game. Regional Championship hard to believe there is none. I watched the Hobart game and the Griffith game, I don't know what to think cuz Griffith look like they were just terrible and Hobart looked out of sync. I guess they look good then look bad it was hard to say. 

I will say the Lowell defense did look Stout. So did Angola in their films. It's hard to look at these games because you don't know the teams. I guess I'll have to wait and see it live action! Good luck to both teams.

1 hour ago, mebuck said:

I've been trying to find video of the new Prairie/ Lowell game. Regional Championship hard to believe there is none. I watched the Hobart game and the Griffith game, I don't know what to think cuz Griffith look like they were just terrible and Hobart looked out of sync. I guess they look good then look bad it was hard to say. 

I will say the Lowell defense did look Stout. So did Angola in their films. It's hard to look at these games because you don't know the teams. I guess I'll have to wait and see it live action! Good luck to both teams.

Look on broadcastsport.net tell me if it works.

1 hour ago, mebuck said:

Lowell is a solid all around team it should go down to the wire if that helps you with anything.

Edited by Cougs73