• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
RDP fan

Another Lowell Bishop Dwenger Semi State

4 minutes ago, Ursus Maritimus said:

Maybe not impossible but very tight.  Doesn't solve parking.  Also, the field turf they practice on does look quite nice.

image.thumb.png.23a7523b2db078d4e17c5a9f46ab12b5.png

Looks like quite a few baseball fields!

1 hour ago, rdpfootball said:

Looks like quite a few baseball fields!

Those baseball fields, are not on the Bishop Dwenger High School Property. Those are a portion of the Fort Wayne community Schools complex for Northwood Middle School, which is across the road from Dwenger. Dwenger is on the South side of East Washington Center Road, and The public middle school, is on the North side of the street.

Edited by statmurp
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, statmurp said:

Those baseball fields, are not on the Bishop Dwenger High School Property. Those are a portion of the Fort Wayne community Schools complex for Northwood Middle School, which is across the road from Dwenger. Dwenger is on the South side of East Washington Center Road, and The public middle school, is on the North side of the street.

Ahh. I took a look on Google Maps, just wasn't sure. Got some nice houses back there!

Boilermakers just offered Joe Tippermann yesterday:   See him here:  http://summitcitysports.com/joe-tippmann-offensive-tackle-class-2019/  

Would be a huge get for Boilers as they need quality lineman like this kid.   Hard to beat that Wisconsin offer however, big time offer for OL 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Joe-Tippmann-104333/RecruitInterests

http://www.journalgazette.net/sports/high-schools/20171116/big-saints-prospect-faces-big-semistate-test

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Boilermakers just offered Joe Tippermann yesterday:   See him here:  http://summitcitysports.com/joe-tippmann-offensive-tackle-class-2019/  

Would be a huge get for Boilers as they need quality lineman like this kid.   Hard to beat that Wisconsin offer however, big time offer for OL 

http://www.journalgazette.net/sports/high-schools/20171116/big-saints-prospect-faces-big-semistate-test

Joe Tippmann, has an Official N.D. Visit this Saturday, November 18th. Just in time for the NAVY Game

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Big Joe is the real deal. Watch the main/1st video at about the 4:15 mark when Dwenger fumbles. You will have a true appreciation of what the young man is about. 

So Dwenger does have a D1 player.... it 27 hours before game time. Lets stop chatting about the TURF. I see NP got 160 yards running against Lowell. That give me hope... going with Dwenger by 12.

Edited by mebuck
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, mebuck said:

I've been trying to find video of the new Prairie/ Lowell game. Regional Championship hard to believe there is none. I watched the Hobart game and the Griffith game, I don't know what to think cuz Griffith look like they were just terrible and Hobart looked out of sync. I guess they look good then look bad it was hard to say. 

I will say the Lowell defense did look Stout. So did Angola in their films. It's hard to look at these games because you don't know the teams. I guess I'll have to wait and see it live action! Good luck to both teams.

I found it this evening and gave it a watch. Gotta say that I was a little surprised by how close the game really was. To hear some describe it, I was thinking that it was a mismatch. A couple of big breaks go the other way and Dwenger is playing NP tomorrow night. What especially caught my attention was how easily NP moved the ball on their last scoring drive by spreading Lowell out a little bit and operating in some space. Red Devils not nearly a good when they weren’t loading the box with 8 plus the safety and committing 100% to stopping the run. Leads me to believe that if BDHS sticks to the offensive script that has worked for them the last several weeks, they will move the ball and score some points. But they will also need to be disciplined on defense and not commit silly penalty’s, blow coverages or miss tackles. Because Lowell appears to be very good at taking advantage of the opponents miscues. 

Now I am signing off until after the game. But will change my prediction to a 24-13 Saints victory. 

Safe travels to the Region folks who are making the trip. I hope you find the game entertaining and the hosts gracious and hospitable. 

NM out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/11/2017 at 5:43 AM, southend said:

So this game is the SUMMIT city's last stand? I guess the Woodburn team, but that's a stretch, so the last Fort Wayne  team in. I think they have it, to go to Lucas oil this year. We shall see.

I’m still in also. Saints 

16 hours ago, mebuck said:

It had nothing to do with the city council. It was the school board. They had a donor for spuller Stadium. Fort Wayne Community Schools superintendent said every school should have it if not no one will. Bishop dwenger had Turf donated by a family. Concordia wanted to have it put in at Zollner, the donor family said no it's for the practice facility at Dwenger because that field was nothing but a swamp. I don't want to start a rumor but I have heard that Concordia  has been approached by a certain Sports Medicine Group about putting turf at zollner, I've heard it twice now. But in Fort Wayne you hear things 2 or 3 times and you nevee hear it again.

Dwenger 21 - Lowell 14

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, new money said:

I found it this evening and gave it a watch. Gotta say that I was a little surprised by how close the game really was. To hear some describe it, I was thinking that it was a mismatch. A couple of big breaks go the other way and Dwenger is playing NP tomorrow night. What especially caught my attention was how easily NP moved the ball on their last scoring drive by spreading Lowell out a little bit and operating in some space. Red Devils not nearly a good when they weren’t loading the box with 8 plus the safety and committing 100% to stopping the run. Leads me to believe that if BDHS sticks to the offensive script that has worked for them the last several weeks, they will move the ball and score some points. But they will also need to be disciplined on defense and not commit silly penalty’s, blow coverages or miss tackles. Because Lowell appears to be very good at taking advantage of the opponents miscues. 

Now I am signing off until after the game. But will change my prediction to a 24-13 Saints victory. 

Safe travels to the Region folks who are making the trip. I hope you find the game entertaining and the hosts gracious and hospitable. 

NM out. 

Have to agree 100% i have watched 3 full games. NP game showed me what i needed to see. Half the time i thought i was watching a scrum. 20 peoole in the box on both sides .... Dweenger will spread out. The DBs showed alot of weakness. Happy game day. 

Edited by mebuck

9 hours ago, komets3001 said:

Dwenger 21 - Lowell 14

BD will not get three scores on Lowell...

12 hours ago, new money said:

NM out. 

Nice try, RDP 37-22

From what I've been reading about BD in the papers and watched in their interviews they say they are gonna run it down lowell's throat. That simply isn't going to happen against this lowell D and BD's passing game is nothing to brag about. 

24-13 Lowell

16 hours ago, mebuck said:

. I see NP got 160 yards running against Lowell. That give me hope... going with Dwenger by 12.

Of course, NP was averaging about 400 yds. rushing per game.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, 33 ISO said:

From what I've been reading about BD in the papers and watched in their interviews they say they are gonna run it down lowell's throat. That simply isn't going to happen against this lowell D and BD's passing game is nothing to brag about. 

24-13 Lowell

Run it down Lowell’s throat?  Will.  Not.  Happen.

8 minutes ago, rdpfootball said:

I watched something on YouTube. It was some sort of news station down there and they had interviewed the team and said they wanted to run it down out throats. Will see how that goes. What also was quite funny was they tried pronouncing Jordan's last name and butchered it. They said "Juicevitch". I thought it was a joke or something, but then they said Jaegar Gill's name as "Jagger". Quite funny. 

The thing about Lowell that I really think is that we are totally under the radar.  No one expects a thing out of us and suddenly (insert John Madden voice), Boom!!!  It’s 21-0!

Edited by Gipper

1 minute ago, Gipper said:

The thing about Lowell that I really think is that we are totally under the radar.  No one expects a thing out of us and suddenly (insert John Madden voice), Boom!!!  It’s 21-0!

I like being under the radar.

In my opinion, the last drive for NP was nothing more than a garbage time TD when Lowell's D had basically quit. It's not really any accurate predictor of success Dwenger would have spreading the field out and throwing the ball. Maybe the would, maybe they wouldn't, but a garbage time TD against a very soft prevent D isn't a sample to base a judgement on. Is Dwenger's QB a consistently accurate thrower? Lowell does have an IU recruit at Safety who has 6 INT's on the year. 

Edited by Boilernation

4 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

In my opinion, the last drive for NP was nothing more than a garbage time TD when Lowell's D had basically quit. It's not really any accurate predictor of success Dwenger would have spreading the field out and throwing the ball. Maybe the would, maybe they wouldn't, but a garbage time TD against a very soft prevent D isn't a sample to base a judtment off on. Is Dwenger's QB a consistently accurate thrower? Lowell does have an IU recruit at Safety who has 6 INT's on the year. 

You are quite right.  Made a bit more of a Hollywood ending...

Edited by Gipper

Getting my wet weather gear together for another trip to Ft Wayne. I sure as hell hope Eifert is out of eligibility. He about beat us by himself last time I was there. Here’s to a great game, hope to see you all there.  Safe travels to all.

Edited by RDP fan
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RDP fan said:

Getting my wet weather gear together for another trip to Ft Wayne. I sure as hell hope Eifert is out of eligibility. He about beat us by himself last time I was there. Here’s to a great game, hope to see you all there.  Safe travels to all.

I'll be there! Drive safe!