• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
CharlieTweeder

12-1 Monroe Central at 13-0 Pioneer

Panthers with their 4th straight home playoff game out of the 5.  Big advantage not having 2 hour bus ride.  Familiarity with the surface at The PIT also helps.  Players know where the holes are and know what to expect as far as footing.  With forecasted rain this week, this one could end up a mudfest.

Panthers tournament experience from last year could be big advantage as well (3rd semi-state for seniors).

23 hours ago, takkle4 said:

Panthers with their 4th straight home playoff game out of the 5.  Big advantage not having 2 hour bus ride.  Familiarity with the surface at The PIT also helps.  Players know where the holes are and know what to expect as far as footing.  With forecasted rain this week, this one could end up a mudfest.

Panthers tournament experience from last year could be big advantage as well (3rd semi-state for seniors).

Walker didn't know where the hole was apparently 

might be closer to 2.5 hr bus ride. ugh!

Agree, experience is a factor

Pioneer power house, wow! until they get beat!

Are there any Monroe Central fans on here? My dad has a buddy who is a Monroe Central alumni. He thinks that Pioneer's speed and athleticism will win out over MC's big, slow linemen. Looking at Maxpreps, Monroe Central has a productive pocket quarterback who has passed for over 2000 yards this season. I'm just glad that Pioneer isn't playing Southwood. Blair had an Indiana top ten all time season in passing yardage.

Monroe Central can absolutely sling the rock. They can go big and run or go spread with kids that can flat out fly and throw. They are truly good at both and will do both at any given time. I have seen Monroe Central up close and they are solid and extremely well coached. No disrespect to anyone but I think Pioneer will have a much tougher challenge with Monroe Central but that's just my opinion.

7 hours ago, cowboy08 said:

Monroe Central can absolutely sling the rock. They can go big and run or go spread with kids that can flat out fly and throw. They are truly good at both and will do both at any given time. I have seen Monroe Central up close and they are solid and extremely well coached. No disrespect to anyone but I think Pioneer will have a much tougher challenge with Monroe Central but that's just my opinion.

No disrespect taken.  Thanks for the insight.  You don't get to a SS unless you're pretty darn good.  

Will say the pollsters seem to have been on their game as 4 of top 5 in both final polls are still playing

Edited by CharlieTweeder

9 hours ago, Andy G said:

Are there any Monroe Central fans on here? 

No. There is really no MC presence on the GID. Probably for the better (lol). This thread will mostly be Pioneer fans. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paccolpur said:

how does pioneer have 4 straight home games 

If Southwood won last Friday, we would have been playing there this Friday. If Culver had beaten Laville we would have been at Culver last Friday. If NM had beaten LCC we would have played at NM. It's just how the draw worked out for us. I wouldn't say that it is any way in our favor with the time of year and the condition of  'The PIT'. 90% chance of rain with around a half inch intermittently through the evening topped of with 15-25 mph winds. Needless to say that the field will be an absolute mess by the end of the 1st quarter if not sooner. 

This game will be a great one, just the type of game you hope for at the Semi-State level!  We know Pioneer has team speed and some serious stand out players, but having seen MC up close, they are very disciplined, strong, and have several kids with more speed than you realize.  Their offense can attack multiple ways and the offensive coaching staff is very good at using formations/alignments to create numbers and match-up problems.  Their defensive line uses their hands extremely well and are very physical.  They did struggle against the wing t run by Shenendoah in their only loss.  Whoever comes out of this one will be well tested for the title game!

Edited by WAF08

Monroe Central had never won even a sectional before this season. Didn't even have a team 10 years ago, right?

What happened?  What changed?

Edited by oldunclemark

Monroe Central went out and got an incredible Coaching staff. That staff has come in and changed the program completely and most importantly the administration, community and kids have all bought in. This is a solid staff and team with incredible heart, drive, desire and they play with a hunger and chip on the shoulder.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cowboy08 said:

Monroe Central went out and got an incredible Coaching staff. That staff has come in and changed the program completely and most importantly the administration, community and kids have all bought in. This is a solid staff and team with incredible heart, drive, desire and they play with a hunger and chip on the shoulder.

True - Coach Hochstetler and Coach Green are top notch. They have been coaching together for a long time. They were huge influences on me, coach Green coached me back in middle school back when parachute pants were cool. Would love to see them get to the Lucas Oil, would be well deserved. 

Semistate games need to be played on a neutral field.

• Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Monroe Central had never won even a sectional before this season. Didn't even have a team 10 years ago, right?

What happened?  What changed?

The Coach and Staff was a definite improvement . With the closing of Muncie South they had an influx of good athletes transfer there.  Just like Most Madison Co schools did when Anderson Highland HS closed.

• Thanks 1

I will speak up for Coach Ho, He was my high school coach and he got out of me what I never thought I could.  He is the main reason I played DII college football.

I am pulling for him in semi-state.  Don't know much about Pioneer, but I do know MC will be coached by a hell of a coach.  Plus, from Shelbyville and being a golden bearhere, always pulling for the Golden bears.

Pioneer has pretty good staff as well. Coach Berry is 27-1 as head coach.  Panthers will be ready for war I'm sure

best of luck everyone 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

The Coach and Staff was a definite improvement . With the closing of Muncie South they had an influx of good athletes transfer there.  Just like Most Madison Co schools did when Anderson Highland HS closed.

Good coaching and kids from Muncie are a recipe for success in a short time. 

Should be heck of a battle!!

• Downvote 1

I don't see Pioneer in a game closer than 30 points in their next 17 games. As long as Kiser is at Pioneer they will roll big time. 

• Upvote 3

Great coaches and kids on both sides. I have known Coach Ho for a while now and know they will be extremely prepared. They have talent at every skill position and a big o-line. Obviously Pioneer has been doing something right the last few years as well. Knowing a lot about MC and a little about Pioneer (and seeing the weather forecast) this game will come down to line play. If MC's line can give the backfield time/space to work they can score points with anyone. If Pioneer can be disruptive up front, that could be the difference in the game. 

3 minutes ago, olinecoach said:

Great coaches and kids on both sides. I have known Coach Ho for a while now and know they will be extremely prepared. They have talent at every skill position and a big o-line. Obviously Pioneer has been doing something right the last few years as well. Knowing a lot about MC and a little about Pioneer (and seeing the weather forecast) this game will come down to line play. If MC's line can give the backfield time/space to work they can score points with anyone. If Pioneer can be disruptive up front, that could be the difference in the game. 

So far in the tournament these are the defensive numbers for Pioneer (not including North White) 

Carroll- 6 sacks 10 TFL's 

LCC- 4 sacks 6 TFL's 

LaVille- 3 sacks 10 TFL's 

Mersch has 4 sacks and 6 TFL's while Gregorich has 3 sacks and 4 TFL's... MC's O-Line will have their hands full with that Pioneer D, especially with those 2