• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
CharlieTweeder

12-1 Monroe Central at 13-0 Pioneer

I think there is one MC coach on the boards here. I remember him commenting in earlier threads. 
MC is well coached, they have some big boys up front and some solid athletes. If Pioneer is as fast as everyone says (I haven't seen them) then that will be an advantage for Pioneer. I feel as though MC had more team speed last year in compared to this year's team. But they do still have some speed on both sides of the ball. 

MC can run the ball and they are effective at it. They are also a team that isn't afraid to throw different formations at you and do different things. 
This probably the one game I want to see over all the other semi-state games because I think it'll be a a good close game. 

• Upvote 1

I will give Pioneer the advantage based on what I saw last year. MC can be very physical and balanced running and passing efficiently. The question is if they have enough speed for JK. Congrats to MC for breaking through. I thought we were in deep trouble last 2 years before we pulled it out. Good luck to both teams.

Agreed that Pioneer is the heavy favorite. Not having seen MC play, I just can't imagine they have an answer for #4 and company. 

Please don't get me wrong Pioneer is unreal good and has an amazing Coaching staff. We got to see them in person this summer and they are most definitely the real deal. I think with the weather that's predicted it could be a battle of the least amount of mistakes. Good luck to both teams and I am truly excited to see this one in person.

8 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Semistate games need to be played on a neutral field.

Why?

2 hours ago, cowboy08 said:

Please don't get me wrong Pioneer is unreal good and has an amazing Coaching staff. We got to see them in person this summer and they are most definitely the real deal. I think with the weather that's predicted it could be a battle of the least amount of mistakes. Good luck to both teams and I am truly excited to see this one in person.

I agree the weather could play a big factor

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Why?

According to Maxpreps it will be played on a neutral field! Lol

13 hours ago, Gipper said:

Why?

To eliminate the advantages a home field can impart, especially if what I have read about "The Pit" are true.  

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

To eliminate the advantages a home field can impart, especially if what I have read about "The Pit" are true.  

That’s why they call it football.  I find it nonsensical to be afraid of a Class A school, but, hey, that’s me.

Keep tillling those windmills.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Gipper said:

That’s why they call it football.  I find it nonsensical to be afraid of a Class A school, but, hey, that’s me.

Keep tillling those windmills.

"I find it nonsensical to be afraid of a Class A school, but, hey, that’s me."   What does this statement even mean?  I thought Class A schools only play other Class A school during the tournament?

Using your logic, shouldn't ALL games in the state tournament be played at a host school's home field, including the state championship game?

27 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

"I find it nonsensical to be afraid of a Class A school, but, hey, that’s me."   What does this statement even mean?  I thought Class A schools only play other Class A school during the tournament?

Using your logic, shouldn't ALL games in the state tournament be played at a host school's home field, including the state championship game?

Whatever.  I have bigger fish to fry...

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

If you are referring to the fact that 'The Pit' will be a pit after rain and turn into a muddy slop hole, I don't believe that gives us any sort of extra home field advantage.With this Pioneer team I feel speed is their advantage. Playing on a mud hole somewhat levels that out. Running backs can't cut or accelerate as they normally would on a dry field. It will also be harder for our 180-200 lb lineman to move anyone on the MC defensive line. Believe me, the Panthers would prefer to be playing on a faster surface. Now, the 2+ hour bus ride, that is definitely a disadvantage. Pioneer made that kind of trip to AC in Semi-State last year and played in monsoon conditions the majority of the game. AC field is top notch though and held up as well as advertised but the speed of Pioneer was slowed tremendously. It will be interesting what factor the weather has this Friday. If it rains, I feel the advantage goes to MC. I could be wrong, Time will tell.

31 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Whatever.  I have bigger fish to fry...

Whatever.  Take your ball and go home.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Whatever.  Take your ball and go home.

All the better if I’m away from s mental giant like you.

45 minutes ago, Gipper said:

All the better if I’m away from s mental giant like you.

No Gipper,  I am a mental midget compared to your prowess.  

Edited by Muda69

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

If that makes you feel better.  Given your location, playing Internet Tough Guy, it must.  It's Mr. Gipper to you...

31 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Sorry for all the insults.  I don't take this crap seriously at all, but to others, well...let's just say I'm not in that camp.  Have a great day/life/season...

12 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Sorry for all the insults.  I don't take this crap seriously at all, but to others, well...let's just say I'm not in that camp.  Have a great day/life/season...

Thank you for your support.

• Upvote 1

Monroe Central has a great unselfish team that can shut down star players for example southwoods qb wr and RB from Sheridan. Better than average speed for 1A also if MC wants a win the must start out the game fast open up the field.... watching videos from Pioneer looks a lot alike Monroe Central.... Final score 24-28 the bears heading to state 

10 minutes ago, Dustin McCord said:

Monroe Central has a great unselfish team that can shut down star players for example southwoods qb wr and RB from Sheridan. Better than average speed for 1A also if MC wants a win the must start out the game fast open up the field.... watching videos from Pioneer looks a lot alike Monroe Central.... Final score 24-28 the bears heading to state 

What pioneer videos have you watched?

Southwood twice had 4th and 1 and threw a 45 yd bomb in 25 degree weather

smart? 

Thought both Southwood and MC panicked in that game.  If there'd have been a "panic button" on the field they'd have crushed it. 

I wouldn't count on Pioneer panicking.  They are as cool as back side of your pillow.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dustin McCord said:

Monroe Central has Better than average speed for 1A... watching videos from Pioneer looks a lot alike Monroe Central.... 

Hmmm.  Not so sure these 2 teams are alike at all.   I would say Pioneer has VERY good 1A speed.   Pioneer threw 0 passes in entire sectional championship and MC ran only 2 times in 2nd half of regional championship.  OL and DL line sizes are exact opposite between the 2.  Pioneer has 2 FBs over 200 lbs in backfield and MC has 0.  Pioneer has 3-4 offensive formations, MC has unlimited.  Definitely gonna be one where who dictates the style of the game has the best chance to win.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Southwood twice had 4th and 1 and threw a 45 yd bomb in 25 degree weather

smart? 

Thought both Southwood and MC panicked in that game.  If there'd have been a "panic button" on the field they'd have crushed it. 

I wouldn't count on Pioneer panicking.  They are as cool as back side of your pillow.  

Ride the horse that brung ya! That's a staple in Southern Newton County back in the day!