• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
CharlieTweeder

12-1 Monroe Central at 13-0 Pioneer

5 hours ago, Coach Durham said:

Ride the horse that brung ya! That's a staple in Southern Newton County back in the day!

Giddyup 

I have coaches against Monroe central. Great group of class act coaches. Hope them the best!

MC has mammoth line 6'5 315 6'3 315

Two of our guys don't equal one of them 

Edited by CharlieTweeder

The IHSAA hasn't changed the field yet like they did for Lowell and BD? Wonder why they pick and choose or if it purely comes with coaches/ADs having issues.

1 hour ago, basement bias said:

The IHSAA hasn't changed the field yet like they did for Lowell and BD? Wonder why they pick and choose or if it purely comes with coaches/ADs having issues.

Hopefully something can be accomplished from a player safety standpoint. 2 weeks ago against LCC we had a lineman plant and slide in the muck and hurt his knee.

22 hours ago, basement bias said:

I would bet heavily that the IHSAA doesn't ever initiate a venue change, but rather only gets involved when an AD requests one.  I do wonder the liability of the home team's school corporation if a kid is hurt on what some would call an unplayable field?

Edited by takkle4
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CharlieTweeder said:

MC has mammoth line 6'5 315 6'3 315

Two of our guys don't equal one of them 

Pioneer should get 13 guys on defense based on your 2 for 1 deal!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, takkle4 said:

Pioneer should get 13 guys on defense based on your 2 for 1 deal!

If you have OL with good technique, they'll be fine! For their size, I wasn't that impressed with their aggressiveness on defense. And I think at least one of those two will have some difficulty with faster d-linemen. In our game against them, one of them for sure needed to be subbed out quite a bit due to getting worn out pretty easily. 

Let's see.... Monroe central lost by 22 to Shenandoah.   Shenandoah lost by 8 to Lewis Cass.   Cass lost by 30 to Pioneer.  So 22+8+30=60......hmmmm I'm going with the Panthers squeezing by in a close one

I watched the first half of Monroe Central vs. Sheridan game, I wasn't impressed. Offensive line was big, didn't seem to block very long at point of attack n no second level blocking. Pioneer defense swarms to the ball with speed. I don't think MC will be able to move the ball. MC may be able to clog the middle defensively, I think they will tire chasing the speed of Pioneer. The game could be close for awhile, but Pioneer plays in a higher gear and pulls away 42-14

Edited by Mike Runyon
sp

On 11/15/2017 at 9:14 AM, basement bias said:

The Class A North Semi-State football game between Monroe Central and Pioneer has been moved to Logansport HS. Still Friday at 7:30 pm ET
  • Upvote 1

oops:  Sorry NRraiders!!   didn't see your post. 

GREAT DECISION by IHSAA 

Bad news for MC puting Kiser on Turf 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Bad news for MC puting Kiser on Turf

uhhh.... ya think?

Be interested to know what prompted the change and why it was days after the other decision. Anyone have any insight?

This is off the Pioneer Football facebook page:

The Class A North Semi-State game between #4 Monroe Central and #1 Pioneer has changed locations. The game, which is to kickoff at 7:30 p.m., has been moved to Logansport High School.

The reason given for the move is the requests for media outweigh what Pioneer can handle. The Logansport stadium is larger, press box larger and the field is turf which would also help in the case of inclement weather.

No automatic alt text available.

3 hours ago, Mike Runyon said:

I watched the first half of Monroe Central vs. Sheridan game, I wasn't impressed. Offensive line was big, didn't seem to block very long at point of attack n no second level blocking. Pioneer defense swarms to the ball with speed. I don't think MC will be able to move the ball. MC may be able to clog the middle defensively, I think they will tire chasing the speed of Pioneer. The game could be close for awhile, but Pioneer plays in a higher gear and pulls away 42-14

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought MC did a good job of creating a second push when the ball carrier's progress started to slow.  They seemed to move the pile quite a bit against Sheridan.

I do agree that Pioneer's speed especially along the lines will be hard for the golden bears to handle.  Pioneer's wing players are ALOT faster than Sheridan's.  It will be much harder for MCHS to defend against the counter this week than what it was two weeks ago.

I could be completely way off base, but I was pretty impressed with Monroe Central after watching them the last two weeks.  I feel their defense should be able to least keep the game close.  Their kicking game is very suspect and field position wise they could be in for a long night.  If its rainy and windy that should favor Pioneer, but I'll be interested to hear how playing this game at Logansport affects both teams.

4 hours ago, Nickelbackjack said:

Let's see.... Monroe central lost by 22 to Shenandoah.   Shenandoah lost by 8 to Lewis Cass.   Cass lost by 30 to Pioneer.  So 22+8+30=60......hmmmm I'm going with the Panthers squeezing by in a close one

I wouldn't necessarily go by score comparisons.  Things change during the course of a season. 

For example Regular Season:  Shenandoah 53 Lapel 20   Sectional Championship Lapel 34   Shenandoah 20

On 11/12/2017 at 8:38 PM, southend said:

Pioneer power house, wow! until they get beat!

Yea I’m still thinking pioneer. 

Many reasons why moved, and why this late.  Big one is that the field conditions were bad after 3 straight home games, and 7 home out of last 9 games - trodden down like a hog lot and lots of grass ripped up in spots that had little of it- and only got worse after the all day rain Wednesday.  Certainly not easy to move at the last minute, but credit the Pioneer Administration, the Logansport Administration, and the IHSAA for putting the players and quality of the game first.

And the Pioneer Admin had to attempt to move it on top of a social media threat this morning causing local authorities to search students when arriving at school.  So a busy Thursday morning for sure.

Sounds like the relocation came at the expense of the PHS boosters losing out on the concessions, as I believe Logan will take those over now.  But again, it was the right thing to do versus playing a mudfest game for the semi-state.  Both teams and coaches have worked too hard to get this far for that. 

Again, kudos to the Pioneer Admin for stepping up and putting the players and the game above the complications of it all.

• Upvote 1

I think Kiser will have a big game tonight! Speed kill's and Pioneers is at another level. I think Pioneers D-line penetrates MC line big time and cause a timing nightmare!

• Upvote 1

I feel like MC is in trouble with the location move. The Pit is exactly as it's name sake, but Kiser on turf will not be good for any defense. 

31 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

I feel like MC is in trouble with the location move. The Pit is exactly as it's name sake, but Kiser on turf will not be good for any defense. 

I agree.  In one way I think if the game could not be held at the pre-determined host site, the other school should be allowed to host.  Hosting in our tournament is not earned by records or any other factor.  So if a school is unable to host, it might be more appropriate for the other school to host.  I realize neutral sites for all semi-state games would be ideal, but in a case like this maybe MC should get to host.  If that were the case, it might prompt the Pioneer admins to finally do something about the field conditions at The Pit!  :-)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Fine Print said:

If that were the case, it might prompt the Pioneer admins to finally do something about the field conditions at The Pit!  :-)

PREACH

• Thanks 1

Will this game be live streamed now that it' being moved to Logansport?

If so please post url please

#56rocks 

Edited by LV Dad