• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley
CharlieTweeder

12-1 Monroe Central at 13-0 Pioneer

congrats to the Panthers on a great win last night congrats to the Bears as they play their hearts out too

Panthers making their third trip in four years to the Oil Can and hopefully third times a charm

On 11/13/2017 at 9:47 AM, Muda69 said:

Semistate games need to be played on a neutral field.

Absolutely agree. There’s plenty of good stadiums that can accommodate the crowd sizes for those games as well. 

Just curious, did Logansport set off fireworks after all touchdowns or just when Pioneer scored? And, I assume fireworks are considered "ok" by the IHSAA to have in a post season tourney?

5 minutes ago, gapdownbacker said:

Just curious, did Logansport set off fireworks after all touchdowns or just when Pioneer scored? And, I assume fireworks are considered "ok" by the IHSAA to have in a post season tourney?

I doubt it, when we played CMA during Sectionals, they didn't fire the canon after scoring like they do during the regular season....not sure if it's playoff related, or the fact that their student body was on fall break though?

All the fireworks happened off school grounds. I am assuming that the house across the street from the field was either family or friends of the Pioneer program. I guess someone could have asked the home owner to use the yard during the game and I am sure it cost a little money 🤑🤑. The awkward thing was it was right behind the Monroe Central bleachers.

19 minutes ago, gapdownbacker said:

The fire works were set off by a former Pioneer football player from the 90's who has a friend who happens to live across the street from the stadium.  It was independently done, outside of the stadium and off the school property, so the IHSAA has no way to govern it.  Further, obviously the city of Logansport has no rules against it, or the police would have surely went to the residence and seized the fireworks.

9 hours ago, gapdownbacker said:

It is done for Logansport games as well. 

23 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I doubt it, when we played CMA during Sectionals, they didn't fire the canon after scoring like they do during the regular season....not sure if it's playoff related, or the fact that their student body was on fall break though?

It wasn't fired due to it being the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Off In The Yard said:

It wasn't fired due to it being the playoffs. 

kind of figured that was the case, I was disappointed regardless lol

14 hours ago, Major Reisman said:

It is done for Logansport games as well. 

So the fireworks were close to being past their expiration dates? :07_v:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Nickelbackjack said:

So the fireworks were close to being past their expiration dates? :07_v:

LOL  - no you didn't!!!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gapdownbacker said:

LOL  - no you didn't!!!  

I like to kid the Logan fans. 

But it truly was nice of them to have so many fireworks available. 

I mean they can't be used to lighting off so many in one night. :14_v:

• Haha 2

On 11/20/2017 at 7:47 AM, gapdownbacker said:

Pioneer made a tunnel and ran through a banner in the 2014 state game.  When you're as good as they are, you do what you want.

Or should I say...."The Pioneers" as the majority of our fans from North Vermillion called them for a year straight

Edited by Joe Kane

Attica was going to light fireworks in the sectional final game but never got a chance to use them after the pregame introductions! They were on private property.

2 hours ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Attica was going to light fireworks in the sectional final game but never got a chance to use them after the pregame introductions! They were on private property.

Always wanted to sit in that yard on the visitor’s side and have a cold one watching a game

54 minutes ago, Joe Kane said:

Always wanted to sit in that yard on the visitor’s side and have a cold one watching a game

I’ve seen the chain gang slip over there more than once!