• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
navy80

Cathedral's Amazingly Tough Schedule 2017

Does anyone have proof that they recruit?

Really, I'm surprised you even asked that. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, IRishParent said:

Sorry for your confusion not sure why  you would be.  I stated YOU would get Cathedrals QB next year.  

What do you base this off of? Even if it does happen, why bring this up at this time? There’s a time and a place for everything and this is neither the time nor place for that.

20 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I’m curious as well. What undue influences or proof do you have that Cathedral “recruits”?

1 hour ago, IRishParent said:

Sorry for your confusion not sure why  you would be.  I stated YOU would get Cathedrals QB next year.  

Why would Cathedrals QB leave and go play for Warren?

7 hours ago, warren05 said:

Why would Cathedrals QB leave and go play for Warren?

Because he will have a Division 1 WR to throw the ball to and CHS doesnt allow him to throw the football.  Just make sure you revisit this in a few weeks..

8 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

What do you base this off of? Even if it does happen, why bring this up at this time? There’s a time and a place for everything and this is neither the time nor place for that.

I’m curious as well. What undue influences or proof do you have that Cathedral “recruits”?

Because I chose to?  You cant dictate the narrative as to when the right time and place is to bring up anything.

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, IRishParent said:

Because he will have a Division 1 WR to throw the ball to and CHS doesnt allow him to throw the football.  Just make sure you revisit this in a few weeks..

Because I chose to?  You cant dictate the narrative as to when the right time and place is to bring up anything.

Speculating on a transfer of a 16 year old HS kid is dumb and negligent, especially when there’s no merit to it. He could potentially be ruled ineligible to play varsity next year as a transfer would clearly be for “athletic” purposes and sitting out a year could be damning to his recruitment. Cathedral also graduates a D1 RB and a D1 and AA lineman this year so wouldn’t be surprised at all if Cathedral opens up the playbook. Stop throwing out outlandish statements and hoping they stick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Speculating on a transfer of a 16 year old HS kid is dumb and negligent, especially when there’s no merit to it. He could potentially be ruled ineligible to play varsity next year as a transfer would clearly be for “athletic” purposes and sitting out a year could be damning to his recruitment. Cathedral also graduates a D1 RB and a D1 and AA lineman this year so wouldn’t be surprised at all if Cathedral opens up the playbook. Stop throwing out outlandish statements and hoping they stick.

Yes Im sure a message from a forum would deem him ineligible. Give me a break. You have no clue.

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, IRishParent said:

Yes Im sure a message from a forum would deem him ineligible. Give me a break. You have no clue.

What are you talking about? Transferring from school A to school B because school A doesn't throw the ball and school B has a D1 WR is about as clear as an athletic transfer as there can be, especially when the player in question doesn't live in the school district to which he's transferring too. That's grounds for being ineligible at the varsity level for one calendar year because the IHSAA prohibits transfers solely for athletics. A kid with D1 aspirations really can't afford to sit out his junior year can he? Warren Central also returns Jayden George next year and there is no guarantee that the player you're talking about would start even if the IHSAA rules him eligible. All I'm asking you is to think before you post, you don't do that. Even if the player you are talking about does transfer why talk about it the week before he plays in a game to go to the state title? It's not fair to the kid, it's not fair to his coaches, it's not fair to his team whom I sure all read this.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Footballking16 said:

What are you talking about? Transferring from school A to school B because school A doesn't throw the ball and school B has a D1 WR is about as clear as an athletic transfer as there can be, especially when the player in question doesn't live in the school district to which he's transferring too. That's ground for being ineligible at the varsity level for one calendar year. A kid with D1 aspirations really can't afford to sit out his junior year can he? Warren Central also returns Jayden George next year and there is no guarantee that player you're talking about would start even if the IHSAA rules him eligible. All I'm asking you is to think before you post, you don't do that. Even if the player you are talking about does transfer why talk about it the week before he plays in a game to go to the state title? It's not fair to the kid, it's not fair to his coaches, it's not fair to his team whom I sure all read this.

Like I said before, you have no clue. We can consider this banter over.  Have a great day.

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, IRishParent said:

Like I said before, you have no clue. We can consider this banter over.  Have a great day.

Don't have a clue about what? How the IHSAA has jurisdiction over athletic transfers? You don't think Purcell transferring to Warren Central to play QB because Cathedral doesn't throw or have a D1 WR is anything but an athletic transfer? If the IHSAA deems your transfer was athletic based you aren't playing varsity for a calendar year. There's a precedent already set, many already involving Cathedral. I suggest you get a clue pal.

2 hours ago, IRishParent said:

I'm just shocked that he posts something besides Ben Davis 2017 State Champs . 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH85 said:

Right? Guy picking a nationally ranked top 10 team to win their state tournament is really going out on a limb. He's actually been wrong because he's predicted BD to blow through the 6A tournament and they've had to come from behind to win 2/3 games so far.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IRishParent said:

Are you Purcell's Mom or Dad or a legal Guardian of the Kid?  To me this could be the only reason you would say something this outlandish. Or maybe you know the inner working of the family and know more than we do and in which case i am sure they would not like you on here talking about something that could get him deemed ineligible for an entire year. 

But hey who am I to talk on subjects pertaining to the Irish.

P.S- To all the Cathedral faithful that i may have made mad or offended by my comments about Cathedrals Schedule and not playing in 6A, I am sorry. I just want the best for Indiana football and i think with Cathedral playing in 6A tourney it would make it that much tougher and there for raise the Bar in terms of how we are looked at as a football state. My opinions sometime should not be said and im sorry for what i said.

53 minutes ago, warren05 said:

Are you Purcell's Mom or Dad or a legal Guardian of the Kid?  To me this could be the only reason you would say something this outlandish. Or maybe you know the inner working of the family and know more than we do and in which case i am sure they would not like you on here talking about something that could get him deemed ineligible for an entire year. 

But hey who am I to talk on subjects pertaining to the Irish.

P.S- To all the Cathedral faithful that i may have made mad or offended by my comments about Cathedrals Schedule and not playing in 6A, I am sorry. I just want the best for Indiana football and i think with Cathedral playing in 6A tourney it would make it that much tougher and there for raise the Bar in terms of how we are looked at as a football state. My opinions sometime should not be said and im sorry for what i said.

I know who he is, but I don’t want to be suspended again like I was last year for exposing another member, so I must keep it to myself. Plenty of things you can find out on the Dark web :) 

2 hours ago, warren05 said:

Hard to disagree with that....we all want football to be stronger.  IMO when Cathedral plays out of sate they are being an ambassador for Indiana football.....hopefully they represent us well.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:49 AM, psaboy said:

As a parent of 3 Cathedral Irish football players, both past and present, I find it highly unlikely that if indeed recruiting was even half as prevelent as some of these sour grapes posters think it is, that I, nor any of my sons, have EVER caught wind of it. It always seems like they've run out of valid points to make when posters stoop to accusing a team of recruiting imho.

• Upvote 2

There are parts of this thread that are, I think, not in the best interests of the kids playing.  Just the opposite. And let's be clear, I think we have to be sensitive to what's in the best interests of the kids and coaches who are actually involved.  

It IS after all about them.

I've never been keen to lots of talk about kids who are injured (or the nature of those injuries) not so much because it provides unneeded information to their opponents (which it does) but even more because it might jeopardize a kid who has a scholarship on the line.  I don't get it....never have.

The same could be said as regards certain comments above regarding dissatisfaction or a possible transfer.  It serves no one well.  Whether true or not it harms the kid and does nothing except generate internal friction.  

Many of us over the years here have "known" things - it doesn't mean we have to say it.  Particularly when it only serves to harm.

Clearly there is an agenda here.  An agenda that only serves the person pushing it.  It certainly doesn't serve the kid discussed (ESPECIALLY if he actually does plan to transfer).  It sure as heck doesn't support the coaches.  

Whatever the case might be, I will never understand someone like that.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Lysander said:

There are parts of this thread that are, I think, not in the best interests of the kids playing.  Just the opposite. And let's be clear, I think we have to be sensitive to what's in the best interests of the kids and coaches who are actually involved.  

It IS after all about them.

I've never been keen to lots of talk about kids who are injured (or the nature of those injuries) not so much because it provides unneeded information to their opponents (which it does) but even more because it might jeopardize a kid who has a scholarship on the line.  I don't get it....never have.

The same could be said as regards certain comments above regarding dissatisfaction or a possible transfer.  It serves no one well.  Whether true or not it harms the kid and does nothing except generate internal friction.  

Many of us over the years here have "known" things - it doesn't mean we have to say it.  Particularly when it only serves to harm.

Clearly there is an agenda here.  An agenda that only serves the person pushing it.  It certainly doesn't serve the kid discussed (ESPECIALLY if he actually does plan to transfer).  It sure as heck doesn't support the coaches.  

Whatever the case might be, I will never understand someone like that.  

Amen!!!

8 hours ago, Triple Threat said:

As a parent of 3 Cathedral Irish football players, both past and present, I find it highly unlikely that if indeed recruiting was even half as prevelent as some of these sour grapes posters think it is, that I, nor any of my sons, have EVER caught wind of it. It always seems like they've run out of valid points to make when posters stoop to accusing a team of recruiting imho.

Ok, I have an acquaintance in the Indy area. His son plays a "skilled" position for an outlining school and he said he has been contacted by a few schools, in Indy, catholic and private that are very high profile about his son leaving his public school and playing on their team in 2018. Is that just conversation or is that a form of recruiting ??

Edited by psaboy
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Ok, I have an acquaintance in the Indy area. His son plays a "skilled" position for an outlining school and he said he has been contacted by a few schools, in Indy, catholic and private that are very high profile about his son leaving his public school and playing on their team in 2018. Is that just conversation or is that a form of recruiting ??

Neither it is the ultimate hearsay (unverified information heard or received from another ie rumor).

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Triple Threat said:

I think the biggest disconnect whenever the word  "recruiting" gets thrown around is that everybody has a different perception of what actually constitutes as "recruiting". I do believe some think that P/P's offer full ride scholarships similar to how it works in college athletics. I don't know one private or parochial school that offers athletic scholarships, it just doesn't work that way. 

There are other forms of recruiting such as open houses, bulletins, TV ads, etc but P/P's have to advertise their school because they have no inherent feeder schools, especially a private school like Cathedral. They have to take kids from all form of demographics from all over their city because if they didn't, their doors would be closed. When you aren't guaranteed X amount of students a year you have to in other words "recruit". You can technically claim that every student attending a P/P in some form was "recruited".

But the biggest advantage that Cathedral, along with other P/P's have, is that athletic success, academics, etc recruits itself. It's no different than girls from all over metropolitan Indy wanting to go to Carmel because of their swimming program. Success recruits itself in these instances.

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2017 at 2:06 PM, GOLDRUSH85 said:

No need to drag the Giants into this :38_v: