• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
navy80

Cathedral's Amazingly Tough Schedule 2017

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Pickerington Central will play Cleveland area powerhouse Mentor for the Ohio Division 1 big school state championship this weekend.

Wonder if Cathedral will pull back on the schedule now that Streiff has stepped down?

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pickerington-central-tigers-(pickerington,oh)/football/schedule.htm

 

Wow, they opened up with Detroit Cass Tech and Cathedral. That's some aggressive scheduling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Wow, they opened up with Detroit Cass Tech and Cathedral. That's some aggressive scheduling.

That Cass Tech - Pickerington Central game is a mini Ohio State-Michigan matchup, right on the Toledo strip.  Neutral site.  Gotta love it.  

Edited by DrivenT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Pickerington Central will play Cleveland area powerhouse Mentor for the Ohio Division 1 big school state championship this weekend.

Wonder if Cathedral will pull back on the schedule now that Streiff has stepped down?

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pickerington-central-tigers-(pickerington,oh)/football/schedule.htm

 

Cathedral's schedule for next year was announced on their broadcast right after their Semi-State loss to Columbus East well before Coach Streiff announcing his retirement.

Week 1 - Noblesville

Week 2 - @ Brownsburg

Week 3 - Elder (Cincinnati OH)

Week 4 - Bishop Chatard

Week 5 - St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH)

Week 6 - @ Jeffersonville

Week 7 - Ryle (Union, KY)

Week 8 - @ St. Edwards (Lakewood, OH)

Week 9 - @ Center Grove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Week 6 - @ Jeffersonville

Jeff must be a glutton for punishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Cathedral's schedule for next year was announced on their broadcast right after their Semi-State loss to Columbus East well before Coach Streiff announcing his retirement.

Week 1 - Noblesville

Week 2 - @ Brownsburg

Week 3 - Elder (Cincinnati OH)

Week 4 - Bishop Chatard

Week 5 - St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH)

Week 6 - @ Jeffersonville

Week 7 - Ryle (Union, KY)

Week 8 - @ St. Edwards (Lakewood, OH)

Week 9 - @ Center Grove

Is it August yet!!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Jeff must be a glutton for punishment.

And Noblesville. I would think a team struggling in the HCC would want to some gimme's on the OOC schedule to teach the kids how to win. I hope they don't have Carmel in week 2 again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pickerington Central (Columbus) , Cathedral's week 2 opponent, won the Ohio Big School Division 1 state championship last night with a 56-28 win over Mentor (Cleveland)

Ohio plays all of its state championship games in Akron at the Hall of Fame Stadium, a 23000 seat outdoor venue.  Games are played over a 3 day period from Nov 30 to Dec 2.  Great weather this year.  Much better atmosphere than a 65000 seat indoor facility that is 90% empty for the Indiana high school state championships.  

Interesting facts about the Ohio tournament :

*  719  high schools play football in Ohio.   224 make the post season tournament.   Thats 31%    

* Ohio population is 11, 610,000  / 719 schools / avg residents for football playing school is 16147

* Indiana population is 6,633,000 / 320 schools / avg residents for football playing school is 20728

* Ohio seeds its tournament brackets.

* Higher seeds are rewarded with home games early in the playoffs until games are switched to neutral sites for the final 3 rounds.

* 2 publics played for the D1 championship.  PP powers Cleveland St Ignatius and Cincinnati St X were eliminated in regionals.

What elements of the Ohio model could Indiana emulate to increase interest and stem declining attendance at the IHSAA state football finals?

 

 

 

http://ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/Football/Football-2017/2017-OHSAA-Football-State-Playoffs-Coverage

http://www.profootballhof.com/village/stadium/

 

On 11/28/2017 at 6:44 PM, PHJIndy said:

Is it August yet!!!!!

Is Cathedral making a push for an HCC invite with this new schedule?

Edited by DrivenT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Pickerington Central (Columbus) , Cathedral's week 2 opponent, won the Ohio Big School Division 1 state championship last night with a 56-28 win over Mentor (Cleveland)

Ohio plays all of its state championship games in Akron at the Hall of Fame Stadium, a 23000 seat outdoor venue.  Games are played over a 3 day period from Nov 30 to Dec 2.  Great weather this year.  Much better atmosphere than a 65000 seat indoor facility that is 90% empty for the Indiana high school state championships.  

Interesting facts about the Ohio tournament :

*  719  high schools play football in Ohio.   224 make the post season tournament.   Thats 31%    

* Ohio population is 11, 610,000  / 719 schools / avg residents for football playing school is 16147

* Indiana population is 6,633,000 / 320 schools / avg residents for football playing school is 20728

* Ohio seeds its tournament brackets.

* Higher seeds are rewarded with home games early in the playoffs until games are switched to neutral sites for the final 3 rounds.

* 2 publics played for the D1 championship.  PP powers Cleveland St Ignatius and Cincinnati St X were eliminated in regionals.

What elements of the Ohio model could Indiana emulate to increase interest and stem declining attendance at the IHSAA state football finals?

 

 

 

http://ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/Football/Football-2017/2017-OHSAA-Football-State-Playoffs-Coverage

http://www.profootballhof.com/village/stadium/

 

Is Cathedral making a push for an HCC invite with this new schedule?

I wouldn't get your heart set on Cathedral joining a conference anytime soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Pickerington Central (Columbus) , Cathedral's week 2 opponent, won the Ohio Big School Division 1 state championship last night with a 56-28 win over Mentor (Cleveland)

Ohio plays all of its state championship games in Akron at the Hall of Fame Stadium, a 23000 seat outdoor venue.  Games are played over a 3 day period from Nov 30 to Dec 2.  Great weather this year.  Much better atmosphere than a 65000 seat indoor facility that is 90% empty for the Indiana high school state championships.  

When did they move the Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium from Canton to Akron? When did they move the Ohio State Football Championships this year from Canton to Akron? 

By the way it used to be called Fawcett Stadium, it was demolished in 2015 and they rebuilt a new stadium. Last year the Ohio Football State Championships were played at Ohio Stadium at Ohio State University

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.