• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
jsawright

3A Semi-State #4 Evansville Memorial (12-1) @ #3 Danville (13-0)

It will be very hard to get a sack on Lindauer. The kid is really quick and has an excellent pocket presence. That is one of the reasons that makes Memorial so hard to beat. You can bring your front 7 at him but he will pick you apart on bubble screens and quick slants. If you keep your linebackers back for coverage he will have well over 10 seconds to throw the ball. Danville will have to have a great defense to slow Memorial down. Not sure if they can for all 4 quarters. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DTown99 said:

Danville's strengths is their defense. They have out scored their opponents by 428 points (560-132) and they have pitched 3 shutouts this year, even when throwing in their JV in the 4th. Their defense is criminal underrated, still after holding Chatard's offense to only 7 points. It doesn't matter what level you play on, that is impressive. Not to mention Plant, who is top 10 I the nation for sacks (which is legitimate by the way).

Danville's offense is also very good. They average about 44 points a game. With their senior QB Hiland in the backfield, is a threat on the ground in the air. And with their receivers Stevens, Burton, and underrated Broderick, Hiland can share the love all over the field without worry. I do not believe Evansville's defense can handle Danville's overall talent across the board. 

My prediction is Danville by AT LEAST 14 

The Warrior's are too good at home and have proven themselves game in and game out.

I agree, that was a very impressive win.  After watching some film, I can see why you would be so confident.  Danville has a great team and we will have our hands full.   

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TitanPride said:

It will be very hard to get a sack on Lindauer. The kid is really quick and has an excellent pocket presence. That is one of the reasons that makes Memorial so hard to beat. You can bring your front 7 at him but he will pick you apart on bubble screens and quick slants. If you keep your linebackers back for coverage he will have well over 10 seconds to throw the ball. Danville will have to have a great defense to slow Memorial down. Not sure if they can for all 4 quarters. 

You don't have to bring 7 people to get pressure on the QB. There are things that can be done with the D-line to get pressure and or send delayed blitzes, mix coverages, etc. What will make the difference in this game Danville vs Ev Memorial is play in the trenches. I think it will be a fantastic game.

5 hours ago, DTown99 said:

Danville's strengths is their defense. They have out scored their opponents by 428 points (560-132) and they have pitched 3 shutouts this year, even when throwing in their JV in the 4th. Their defense is criminal underrated, still after holding Chatard's offense to only 7 points. It doesn't matter what level you play on, that is impressive. Not to mention Plant, who is top 10 I the nation for sacks (which is legitimate by the way).

Danville's offense is also very good. They average about 44 points a game. With their senior QB Hiland in the backfield, is a threat on the ground in the air. And with their receivers Stevens, Burton, and underrated Broderick, Hiland can share the love all over the field without worry. I do not believe Evansville's defense can handle Danville's overall talent across the board. 

My prediction is Danville by AT LEAST 14 

The Warrior's are too good at home and have proven themselves game in and game out.

I watched the Danville/Chatard game last Friday and am very impressed!

However, don't overlook EM's defense. Lindauer and Combs deservedly get most of the press but our front seven is pretty solid too. The defense may not have as many sacks in their maxpress stats, but they do have almost twice as many interceptions (often a result of pressuring and/or hurrying the quarterback). 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Woody, much appreciated!

While reviewing Danville stats on MaxPreps, I noticed something out of sorts.  MaxPreps shows Danville converting only 48 of 66 PATs on the year, or just over 70%.  That is low, even for high school.  Are these numbers accurate and, if so, what has been the issue?

12 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

While reviewing Danville stats on MaxPreps, I noticed something out of sorts.  MaxPreps shows Danville converting only 48 of 66 PATs on the year, or just over 70%.  That is low, even for high school.  Are these numbers accurate and, if so, what has been the issue?

I've seen one Danville game and the kicker missed 2 or 3 in that one... that may be indicative of the rest of the season, it may not.  I don't know

Love the Warrior Talk podcast with Matt and Sean.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2017 at 1:15 PM, Lysander said:

Mayberry Cafe?

I would recommend the Mayberry Cafe.  Some pretty good grub at that restaurant...

Tiger tailgating crew will be up in the beautiful Danville, IN around 11:00 CT time . Looking forward to a great time and great game! #FTF #DefenseWinsChampionships 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Von2Rov said:

I've seen one Danville game and the kicker missed 2 or 3 in that one... that may be indicative of the rest of the season, it may not.  I don't know

That's troubling.  In what many think will be a close game, PATs could well be the difference.  

As a Tri West guy, I hope Danville loses :13_v:

But I think they are probably going to win. 

I had thought the SIAC was really strong this year. But with Eville Central getting pretty owned by a East Central team that in turn was owned by Chatard, I think I might of been overestimating them. 

I realize cross-comparing opponents is iffy, but I just get the feeling that Memorial is meeting a team on another level for the first time this year, while Danville has already done it a couple times. Either way, should be a great game. Good luck!

Edited by bsucards
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, bsucards said:

As a Tri West guy, I hope Danville loses :13_v:

But I think they are probably going to win. 

I had thought the SIAC was really strong this year. But with Eville Central getting pretty owned by a East Central team that in turn was owned by Chatard, I think I might of been overestimating them. 

I realize cross-comparing opponents is iffy, but I just get the feeling that Memorial is meeting a team on another level for the first time this year, while Danville has already done it a couple times. Either way, should be a great game. Good luck!

It is interesting to look at those kinds of comparisons....  From what I understand, East Central is a tough place to play (in any number of ways).  From what I heard, Evansville Central let the crowd and environment get to them, made costly mistakes, and then ultimately imploded, as many predicted all year.  EC lost at Chatard, so maybe they don't travel all that well.  Maybe Chatard was healthier back then too...  Add to that EC only beat LBurg by a point and Memorial beat LBurg by a whole lot.  I guess I could be wrong, but I don't think LBurg's problem was the travel, but trying the defend the pass and the run and a QB who is very talented running an up-temp offense.  I've watched the Danville - BC film at least 10 times, and hindsight being what it is, IMO the game is a lot closer if BC had stayed with what BC has traditionally done well instead of trying to throw the ball., which cost them a lot of points...   

In any event, I think the game will be very exciting and an entertaining game for the fans.  I know our kids and fans are looking forward to the trip.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, tango said:

It is interesting to look at those kinds of comparisons....  From what I understand, East Central is a tough place to play (in any number of ways).  From what I heard, Evansville Central let the crowd and environment get to them, made costly mistakes, and then ultimately imploded, as many predicted all year.  EC lost at Chatard, so maybe they don't travel all that well.  Maybe Chatard was healthier back then too...  Add to that EC only beat LBurg by a point and Memorial beat LBurg by a whole lot.  I guess I could be wrong, but I don't think LBurg's problem was the travel, but trying the defend the pass and the run and a QB who is very talented running an up-temp offense.  I've watched the Danville - BC film at least 10 times, and hindsight being what it is, IMO the game is a lot closer if BC had stayed with what BC has traditionally done well instead of trying to throw the ball., which cost them a lot of points...   

In any event, I think the game will be very exciting and an entertaining game for the fans.  I know our kids and fans are looking forward to the trip.

EC best player was not playing QB when they lost they played LB or when they lost their 3 games.  He was playing WR with a broken hand.  

16 hours ago, tango said:

I think if Lburg and Ec played now, EC would win by 2 TD's.

1 hour ago, Canoe Fest Charlie said:

I think if Lburg and Ec played now, EC would win by 2 TD's.

I wish we had gotten the film of that match-up.  I would have liked to have seen those 2 teams battling it out!!  

23 hours ago, Woodyball7175 said:

Here is the official parking and tailgating info from the high school:

image.png.fb36bf5869617c750547b193661afd84.pngimage.thumb.png.52917ba251eb26213112e9096d0dfc78.png

Taught at Danville Middle for 2 years before heading to Avon South...... for memorial fans parking at both the middle school and South elementary on the other side of Lincoln street is not a bad option its a really easy walk across the street to the FB field! Best of Luck to both teams! 

Just now, EasyEJay said:

Taught at Danville Middle for 2 years before heading to Avon South...... for memorial fans parking at both the middle school and South elementary on the other side of Lincoln street is not a bad option its a really easy walk across the street to the FB field! Best of Luck to both teams! 

ahh yes, my ex inlaws lived on Meadowood just north of the school, made the walk to the school many times....Parking along Mackey by the baseball diamond isn't a bad option either..

On 11/13/2017 at 2:21 PM, southend said:

I stand by my pick here, Danville , metro Indy team. But I like the way memorial plays the game. 

Ditto on this. 

10 hours ago, southend said:

Ditto on this. 

Ditto on your own post? Meaning that you still agree with yourself? Or did you #1 have to convince you #2 and now both of you are on the same page?

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1