• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
jsawright

3A Semi-State #4 Evansville Memorial (12-1) @ #3 Danville (13-0)

Danville (13-0) vs. Evansville Memorial (12-1) in the 3A football semi-state will be played on Saturday, November 18 at 5:00 pm EST at Danville High School.

OK, moved to Saturday, now.....that's about the same time Mater Dei played up there around 2000 for a semistate

what are Danville's strength ? Have they seen a QB like lindauer? Looking to learn more about them. #FTF

MD did indeed play @ Danville in 2000 Semi-State.  I can tell you from that experience, you will not find a better bunch of fans & hosts.  Everyone we met was a class act and went out of their way to be friendly and helpful from the ticket takers to the concessions folks.  

Mater Dei was fortunate to come away with the win and at the end of the game, the entire Danville team formed two lines and made an exit for the Mater Dei team.  Danville held their helmets up while MD players walked by and they congratulated the entire team.  I have never seen a classier display of sportsmanship on a football field and will never forget it.

Best of luck to the Tigers next week.  Wish I could be there but it will have to be in spirit only.  Hopefully this game will be streamed online as well. Anyone with info, pls post.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, TurntTigers said:

Have they seen a QB like lindauer?

They've seen nobody even close to Lindauer.  Nothing they can do about it, but they've seen a lot of bad QB's (or bad offenses) or teams that don't throw.  The Western Boone QB is the best they will have played, but he was a sophomore and Webo doesn't have the athletes that Memorial has.   The strength of the Danville defense is their front 6/7. 

Memorial may have not seen anyone like Stevens for Danville either though.  Teams ought to stay away from throwing the ball against him.  I think he's proven he's going to make a big play or game changing play if you continue to test him.  Sounds like Memorial has an elite corner (who also plays WR) so that could be a fun one.

Should make for a fascinating matchup.  The weather could be a big factor for both teams though if the wind is strong.

To me, this week is all about who is the most physical team on Saturday night. The matchups this game will have is going to be fun to watch. Danville's O-Line vs Memorial's front 6-7 will be a huge factor of the game. Another big one will be the amount of pressure Danville's front 4 can get on the talented Memorial QB. 

Weather will also be something to look at. Both offenses seem to want to air it out. Who will be able to run the ball if the weather is a factor?

Call me biased, but I'm going with the Warriors in a close one. They have speed and are very physical. And playing at home helps. I'm looking forward to a great game!

Not Game related but Evansville Fans there are some good Eats close by if you come up early. One of my Favorites is Dave's All American Pizza that is a block down the road also a nice Mexican restaurant right by the High School.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Looks like Danville is about 75% run. Is that a fair assessment? Much better run than pass team??

13 minutes ago, Old Time Star said:

Not Game related but Evansville Fans there are some good Eats close by if you come up early. One of my Favorites is Dave's All American Pizza that is a block down the road also a nice Mexican restaurant right by the High School.

Can anyone provide info on where Memorial can set up our parent/fan tailgate?  I see large lots north of the field and north of the school, and also a smaller lot east of the baseball field/tennis courts.  We aren't picky and we don"t want to infringe on the Warrior fans' regular spot(s).  I'm guessing most of our folks will get there by 2:00 EST.  Any info is much appreciated.

SATURDAY, NOV. 18
Sagarin Ratings ©Jeff Sagarin
Evansville Memorial (12-1) at Danville (13-0)
GAME TIME: 5 pm ET, Danville.
COACHES: John Hurley, 71-53 in 10th year at Evansville Memorial. K.C. Woods, 23-3 in 2nd year at Danville.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Danville, 81.01, 26th overall, 3rd in Class 3A. Evansville Memorial, 80.22, 27th overall, 4th in Class 3A.
LAST OUTING: Evansville Memorial defeated Lawrenceburg, 56-35. Danville defeated Indianapolis Chatard, 38-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Evansville Memorial 77-57, Danville 64-80.
SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: No meetings.
PREDICTION: Danville, 31-30.

20 minutes ago, bruno_LA said:

Much better run than pass team??

No, I wouldn't say that.  To me, Danville looks very similar to Memorial (and Gibson Southern for that matter) - multiple targets on O, good size, physical, and can run & pass well. This should be a great game.          

I was very impressed with Memorial's QB on Saturday.  A close 2nd on that list was their RB. He was extremely quick and made a lot of Lawrenceburg defenders miss which you don't see much from their front 7. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Time Star said:

Mayberry Cafe?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tango said:

Can anyone provide info on where Memorial can set up our parent/fan tailgate?  I see large lots north of the field and north of the school, and also a smaller lot east of the baseball field/tennis courts.  We aren't picky and we don"t want to infringe on the Warrior fans' regular spot(s).  I'm guessing most of our folks will get there by 2:00 EST.  Any info is much appreciated.

Here is a map of Danville High School and the set-up that was used last week vs. Chatard.  I can't guarantee there will not be changes, but there was an available area for tailgating. 

DODOnoxXkAA7F5m.jpg

11 minutes ago, Woodyball7175 said:

Here is a map of Danville High School and the set-up that was used last week vs. Chatard.  I can't guarantee there will not be changes, but there was an available area for tailgating. 

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, bruno_LA said:

Looks like Danville is about 75% run. Is that a fair assessment? Much better run than pass team??

That is false.

1 hour ago, Old Time Star said:

I wouldn't give Dave a nickel out of my pocket... The guy screams about being patriotic but won't give a military discount...

Diesels is good (on the square in Danville), Franks Place (Italian) is good, LaRanchera (right by High School) is good, Mayberry also.... Also a pizza place right by Dairy Queen (used to be Pizza Paradise and it recently changed it's name).

• Upvote 1

I stand by my pick here, Danville , metro Indy team. But I like the way memorial plays the game. 

I'm going with Danville in a close one, don't know much about either team this year, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.  In the early 2000's my ex brother in law played for Danville, so I've been to several of their games.  Never made it to a Memorial game while I was at Vincennes, but wish I would have.

Mayberry Cafe is good, right up the road (across from the Courthouse).

12 hours ago, FbFan1 said:

To me, this week is all about who is the most physical team on Saturday night. The matchups this game will have is going to be fun to watch. Danville's O-Line vs Memorial's front 6-7 will be a huge factor of the game. Another big one will be the amount of pressure Danville's front 4 can get on the talented Memorial QB. 

No dog in this fight but, full disclosure, my mother was a Memorial grad so perhaps not completely un-biased on this one...   

For the past couple of weeks, I have read endless GID comments that "the team that is the most physical will win".  Obviously there is a certain amount of "physicality" in football, as Kirk Herbstreet likes to say on College Football broadcasts, but IMO once you get to the Semi-State round, every team is physical or they wouldn't be there.  Every line can bock or, conversely, fend off blocks and thus the potential game changing difference may well be in the skill positions.  I just don't see one team dominating the other physically in this game. But, I've been wrong before, just ask my wife.  : - )

I think the advantage in this game will be the team whose athletes are able to step up and affect the game by making plays downfield, beyond the LOS.  Can Danville's LB's & DB's cover Memorial receivers long-enough for D Line to get pressure on Lindauer or will the Tigers simply dink & dunk their way down the field with their short, precise passing attack?  Will the Tigers be able to do the same to the Danville skill position players?  I would not be surprised at all if line play cancels each other out in this one and the skill players have to step up and put their stamp on the game.  It could well come down to a punt or kick-off return that swings the game one way or the other. 

Best of luck to both teams for a well-played, injury free game and may all fans get to & home from the game safely.   Bring it home Tigers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Memorial 35

Danville 27

(May be a little Bias) 

Danville is a very good football team and I hear they have great fans so it should be a awesome athmopshere  . Looking forward to a great game !! 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 7:03 PM, TurntTigers said:

what are Danville's strength ? Have they seen a QB like lindauer? Looking to learn more about them. #FTF

Danville's strengths is their defense. They have out scored their opponents by 428 points (560-132) and they have pitched 3 shutouts this year, even when throwing in their JV in the 4th. Their defense is criminal underrated, still after holding Chatard's offense to only 7 points. It doesn't matter what level you play on, that is impressive. Not to mention Plant, who is top 10 I the nation for sacks (which is legitimate by the way).

Danville's offense is also very good. They average about 44 points a game. With their senior QB Hiland in the backfield, is a threat on the ground in the air. And with their receivers Stevens, Burton, and underrated Broderick, Hiland can share the love all over the field without worry. I do not believe Evansville's defense can handle Danville's overall talent across the board. 

My prediction is Danville by AT LEAST 14 

The Warrior's are too good at home and have proven themselves game in and game out.

6 minutes ago, DTown99 said:

Danville's strengths is their defense. They have out scored their opponents by 428 points (560-132) and they have pitched 3 shutouts this year, even when throwing in their JV in the 4th. Their defense is criminal underrated, still after holding Chatard's offense to only 7 points. It doesn't matter what level you play on, that is impressive. Not to mention Plant, who is top 10 I the nation for sacks (which is legitimate by the way).

Danville's offense is also very good. They average about 44 points a game. With their senior QB Hiland in the backfield, is a threat on the ground in the air. And with their receivers Stevens, Burton, and underrated Broderick, Hiland can share the love all over the field without worry. I do not believe Evansville's defense can handle Danville's overall talent across the board. 

My prediction is Danville by AT LEAST 14 

The Warrior's are too good at home and have proven themselves game in and game out.

Dylan Plant sits at #20 nationally on the sacks list on Maxpreps with 20. The person sitting at the top has 30 and person sitting at #10 has 22. That being said not every team reports stats to Maxpreps so it is very subjective.

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Dylan Plant sits at #20 nationally on the sacks list on Maxpreps with 20. The person sitting at the top has 30 and person sitting at #10 has 22. That being said not every team reports stats to Maxpreps so it is very subjective.

They have not put in his stats from last Friday, which I believe he had 2, which would put him 10th with 22.5. 

Regardless, Danville's front 7 is too good. And you know what they say...

Defense Wins Championships. 

5 minutes ago, DTown99 said:

They have not put in his stats from last Friday, which I believe he had 2, which would put him 10th with 22.5. 

Regardless, Danville's front 7 is too good. And you know what they say...

Defense Wins Championships. 

I agree that Danville has a great front 7 and that Dylan Plant is very good. Just stating that maxpreps has to be taken with a grain of salt because not everyone uploads their stats. I'm sure several of the other players have not been updated yet as well. The #2 person listed has 25.5 sacks in 9 games. Just letting you know maxpreps is very subjective when it comes to stats.