• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
southend

Southridge at Nap Town Scecina

Congrats Southridge! Go PAC! Win it all!!!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Miner Pride said:

Southridge.. and Eastern Greene... and of course this makes Miner fans happy too!!  2 of the 3 teams we lost to are playing at Lucas next week!!    

You forgot Evansville Memorial, Columbus East, and East Central.

• Upvote 1

Complete domination between the tackles by southridge. Running game and o line travel. As a scecina guy, weather concerned me all week, but quite frankly, the domination up front would carry over to a dry night with no wind. Impressed with physicality of line and backs. Good luck next week. 

• Upvote 1

Great job Raiders!!  Good luck next week!!  Let’s bring 2 home to SW.Indiana!! 

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2017 at 3:19 PM, RAIDERGUY said:

Heard this babble last year and Ritter hammered all these up an coming small schools.  Would not be surprised to see the same.

I don’t believe most think of SR as an “up an coming small school”.  We’ve been here for years.

17 hours ago, gowesdel said:

I don’t believe most think of SR as an “up an coming small school”.  We’ve been here for years.

Southridge looks like they have size at the skilled positions. I can't wait to watch them in person next weekend. I didn't think any 2A team would beat scecina but the raiders proved me wrong and I'm perfectly fine with that. Down goes another p/p school.  Good to see some fresh faces at the Ole oil can

Edited by Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox

We have been here since 1982. Losing to Oak Hill on a rain soaked field.  Fighting to the bitter end against the Luers football factory "in the Dome"  in 2002 and in  2006 falling to Sherwood Haydock's Harding Hawks. We're back to battle again for a state championship!  Get this, we play  the Woodlan Warriors coached by Sherwood Haydock. Having to beat Scecina Crusaders AGAIN, the Raiders return to the state championship! 

"Up an coming"? No, we are a public school. We work hard and some years we have more talent that other years. Sometimes there are bad breaks, our 1982 team "If healthy"  still ranks in my mind as the best.  But we suffered a ton of injuries, had to play in a tornado and lost  by a score.  This year we have a tremendous "blue collar" team. We out defensed "The best offensive coordinator in the state" and managed to score 24 points against their defense.  

"We're going to state b*****s!"

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, vanman said:

We have been here since 1982. Losing to Oak Hill on a rain soaked field.  Fighting to the bitter end against the Luers football factory "in the Dome"  in 2002 and in  2006 falling to Sherwood Haydock's Harding Hawks. We're back to battle again for a state championship!  Get this, we play  the Woodlan Warriors coached by Sherwood Haydock. Having to beat Scecina Crusaders AGAIN, the Raiders return to the state championship! 

"Up an coming"? No, we are a public school. We work hard and some years we have more talent that other years. Sometimes there are bad breaks, our 1982 team "If healthy"  still ranks in my mind as the best.  But we suffered a ton of injuries, had to play in a tornado and lost  by a score.  This year we have a tremendous "blue collar" team. We out defensed "The best offensive coordinator in the state" and managed to score 24 points against their defense.  

"We're going to state b*****s!"

Yes you are!!! And you beat a great p/p recruiting school to get to the big dance. 

• Downvote 5

I grew up in Linton, played for Linton and now I write for the Linton paper.

But my daddy grew up near St. Henry and played for the Holland Dutchmen. And I spent a lot of time around Huntingburg as a kid. 

So I’m always gonna root for the Southridge Raiders. ‘Cept when they’re playing Linton.

Go Raiders!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Chief Flyin BearCat in Sox said:

Southridge looks like they have size at the skilled positions. I can't wait to watch them in person next weekend. I didn't think any 2A team would beat scecina but the raiders probed me wrong and I'm perfectly fine with that. Down goes another p/p school.  Good to see some fresh faces at the Ole oil can

If somebody tried to probe me wrong I'd punch em in the mouth.    Last one out of the Ridge on Saturday turn out the lights, cause here come the boys from the South !

• Haha 3

Yes you are!!! And you beat a great p/p recruiting school to get to the big dance. 

You really have no clue.

• Confused 1

I've never considered Scecina as a recruiting school for football. However, their basketball team has no members from east deanery feeder schools. Their head coach is a multi millionaire and co-owner of Best Choice Fieldhouse in Fishers. He could afford to pay full non-Catholic tuition for the entire varsity basketball team and it would be merely a third the cost of that $275K custom charter coach they're riding around in.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations Southridge Raiders on a dominating victory.  Good luck at LOS next week...now, bring home the "BIG" trophy!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, War Daddy said:

If somebody tried to probe me wrong I'd punch em in the mouth.    Last one out of the Ridge on Saturday turn out the lights, cause here come the boys from the South !

I fixed it. Definitely don't want any unnecessary probbing