• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
southend

Southridge at Nap Town Scecina

As much as I would like The Raiders of the Ridge to pull this off, I think Ott has this team, Scecina,in high gear. I'm goin with the Indy metro team here.

If it was at southridge, I’d say the Raiders are the favorite. But a long bus ride against a very tough, and experienced Scecina team, I have the nap town team winning. 

Scecina 36-28 southridge 

Finally I will be in the stands on Saturday to check this one out. I haven't been able to attend since the regular season finale. Hopefully the long bus trip doesn't zap the Raiders.  Glad to see this is being played at Tech, since the last time we played in semi state was at Manual.  No prediction here as I dont know enough about Scecina, but I'm thinking it's within 10 either way. 

If you think Indy is still "naptown" then you haven't been here this century.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congrats to the Coach Buening for his first semi-state as HC. Also, congrats to the Raiders for their first trip since 2007. Scecina will be a tough matchup, but any game at this point will be. Best of luck to both teams. 

Ill be rooting for Scecina in this one, and hopefully to become the 3rd consecutive 2A State Champ to come out of the ICC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TitanPride said:

Raiders by 4 TD's 

BAM!!

8 minutes ago, TitanPride said:

Raiders by 4 TD's 

Kind of a "jerkish" statement - I know it's you and War Daddy's thing but really at this point in the season ...let it go man. Or not, whatever. Generally we try and encourage fellow conference schools in the tournament, but I guess some (individuals) will have that jealousy factor. 

Okay War Daddy this one is for you......I think I said last week that your Raiders would win 42-14 over Providence, so 47-7 was pretty close for me.  This week I feel like the Raiders are going to be bigger and very physical with the Crusaders.  Harter is playing like you want and need your senior leader to play, and Schank is just doing Schank things which is always a good thing!!!  The Raider offensive machine keeps rolling.  I believe the SR defense is going to be sound, and when the defense really needs to, early in the game, it will get a timely turnover to help put points on the board!!!   The X-factor is the drive.......that drive is hard on kids (trust me I know)  If the Raiders can get of the bus like they do on a trip to the Jungle or a trip to Jasper they win this game in convincing fashion (convincing fashion in the semi state is two scores or more in my book)  SR 31  SM 17  Raiders are on a roll baby!!

Edited by Patriot74

19 minutes ago, jets said:

Kind of a "jerkish" statement - I know it's you and War Daddy's thing but really at this point in the season ...let it go man. Or not, whatever. Generally we try and encourage fellow conference schools in the tournament, but I guess some (individuals) will have that jealousy factor. 

Sorry to offend you Mr. Jets. No jealousy from me at all. I am on the Raiders bus and planning on ridding it all the way to the oil can. Scecina is a very talented team but they do not do anything that the Raiders haven’t seen this year. Southridge is rolling right now and I think by the time Scecina figures out the Raiders offense it will be too late. I like the Ridge in this one. Maybe not by 4 TD but I am saying at least 2.

Edited by TitanPride

1 hour ago, TitanPride said:

Raiders by 4 TD's 

What a stupid statement........smh.

Edited by gowesdel

2 hours ago, TitanPride said:

Raiders by 4 TD's 

Come on man, that was so three weeks ago. 

Alright, alright. My apologies to the Raider faithful. I certainly didn’t mean to get everyone riled up. I wish the Raiders the best of luck and will be cheering for you all.

Very quiet here.  What kind of offense does Scecina run?  What are there strengths and weaknesses?  Have they faced a shotgun wing-T this season? 

23 minutes ago, VIP said:

Very quiet here.  What kind of offense does Scecina run?  What are there strengths and weaknesses?  Have they faced a shotgun wing-T this season? 

Indianapolis Scecina is a very good football team. Their lone loss is to Roncalli. 38-7. They have played against the spread against Roncalli and Ritter. I'm not sure if they have played a Wing T team this year, but they have played against Monrovia's Belly Offense (a lot of ball fakes). They have a Head Coach with many many years of experience! Ott Hurrle has been coaching for 28 years (26 of them at Scecina). 

No better place for the game in the city of Indianapolis than Arsenal Tech High School! It is a beautiful stadium!

5 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Indianapolis Scecina is a very good football team. Their lone loss is to Roncalli. 38-7. They have played against the spread against Roncalli and Ritter. I'm not sure if they have played a Wing T team this year, but they have played against Monrovia's Belly Offense (a lot of ball fakes). They have a Head Coach with many many years of experience! Ott Hurrle has been coaching for 28 years (26 of them at Scecina). 

No better place for the game in the city of Indianapolis than Arsenal Tech High School! It is a beautiful stadium!

It does look like a very nice venue. Hope the weather matches.

I think Redzone got into the sauce last night 

34 minutes ago, southend said:

I think Redzone got into the sauce last night 

I agree.  He's predicting a score pretty close to what his Attica Ramblers got beat by.

3 hours ago, Redzone10 said:

Raiders by 5 TD.

I feel like we are playing liars poker here. 

Certainly I am backing Southridge on their semi-State game with the Crusaders...  I've met many a fine Crusader fan in the 2 losses Linton experienced at their hands in back to back semi-states... oh no. no sour grapes there LOL!   I'm sure Miner fans would like to see the team who handed us 2 of the 4 losses this year...plus who ended our season... get to and win the state title!  Go Raiders!   (Pardon the interjection of Linton football....:07_v:

How is Seger?  That kid is a killer LB....and I know he gets some reps at TE as well. Hoping he's a go!!

Interested to hear about Southridge.  Two wins over Linton and win over Mater Dei clearly show their bona fides. And I am sure they defeated other good teams as well, but those three victories jump off the page.  Scecina has a good team this year—reliance on passing game concerns me given weather forecast.  

Interesting that all the people with knowledge on these teams haven't said a word about the biggest change Scecina made this year hiring the best QB coach and OC in the state. Vince Purichia has given this Scecina team an edge that they have never had in the previous years.  Ayers, the QB had a 250 yard half this season!  That is not a normal Scecina stat.  They dominated a Ritter team who hammered every 2A school in the state last year on their way to the state finals.  I am not sure how Scecina would not be the favorite to win this game?  Coach Purichia on an unbelievable string of all state QB's...4 at Ritter (Hendrickson, Purchia, Purichia (all-american at U of I), Byrnes) 1 at Brownsburg (Johnson), 1 at WC, and now 1 at Scecina.  This staff is loaded with experience including Coach Hurrle.  Heard this babble last year and Ritter hammered all these up an coming small schools.  Would not be surprised to see the same.

53 minutes ago, RAIDERGUY said:

Interesting that all the people with knowledge on these teams haven't said a word about the biggest change Scecina made this year hiring the best QB coach and OC in the state. Vince Purichia has given this Scecina team an edge that they have never had in the previous years.  Ayers, the QB had a 250 yard half this season!  That is not a normal Scecina stat.  They dominated a Ritter team who hammered every 2A school in the state last year on their way to the state finals.  I am not sure how Scecina would not be the favorite to win this game?  Coach Purichia on an unbelievable string of all state QB's...4 at Ritter (Hendrickson, Purchia, Purichia (all-american at U of I), Byrnes) 1 at Brownsburg (Johnson), 1 at WC, and now 1 at Scecina.  This staff is loaded with experience including Coach Hurrle.  Heard this babble last year and Ritter hammered all these up an coming small schools.  Would not be surprised to see the same.

Their OC of the past, Kyle Padgett, has taken a 1-10 Centerville team to 8-3 in just 2 years. I don't think 1 coach has made that much of a difference quite honestly. Having played them twice.... their offense is pretty easy to predict and adjust to. Heavy tendencies based on formations. The Ritter of this year was certainly not the Ritter of last year. 

Scecina is just solid. They are not flashy, while they are certainly talented they are not heads and shoulders above in talent a la Cathedral, they do not have a fancy offensive/defensive scheme. They are just a very solid ball club that does not make very many mistakes. They do the small things it requires to win games. Any lack of execution you have, they will exploit. 

• Like 1