• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
southend

Greenwood at East central

Boy, two more schools,  that have not been this far in awhile. And both playing at a high level now. I'm going with Greenwood to get to the BIG SHOW. And you know why, you guessed it. They play their season to the metro area, they are prepared for what ever comes up.But, East Central is sure rolling over teams now. 

I'm glad to see these two former regular foes fight one another to make it to LOS. I have to root for former perrenial sectional foe EC, but will root for whoever makes it out to win State! Good luck to both teams. 

Edited by Olympian99

38 minutes ago, southend said:

Boy, two more schools,  that have not been this far in awhile. And both playing at a high level now. I'm going with Greenwood to get to the BIG SHOW. And you know why, you guessed it. They play their season to the metro area, they are prepared for what ever comes up.But, East Central is sure rolling over teams now. 

What? East Central was in semistate last year and state the year before that.

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Upvote 4

Definitely pulling for Greenwood in this one. Would be great to have a team represent the city and county for the 3rd straight year.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Hope the best for Greenwood, but I watched the Roncalli game last year and the Evansville Central game this year.  Playing EC is like getting in a bar fight against a sledgehammer.

Ev. Central was a pretty big team, but EC just steam rolled them on the ground.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Hope the best for Greenwood, but I watched the Roncalli game last year and the Evansville Central game this year.  Playing EC is like getting in a bar fight against a sledgehammer.

Ev. Central was a pretty big team, but EC just steam rolled them on the ground.

LOL! I hear that, nothing is 100%

4 hours ago, southend said:

I remember back in the 2002 season when EC joined a new sectional with some of the indy schools. EC was that school that no one heard of and gave zero chance. They beat Seymour,  Then they beat Whiteland with the Crick kid, Then they faced Greenwood who had AJ, or EJ, Woods. They were suposive massive underdogs and they prevailed until they lost to there playoff Rival Roncalli in double OT in regional. It was a great playoff run full of giant slug fests that EC thrives in. 

I see if being a close game with EC grinding the clock in the second half with a 7 pt lead and closing it out. 

17 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

I remember back in the 2002 season when EC joined a new sectional with some of the indy schools. EC was that school that no one heard of and gave zero chance. They beat Seymour,  Then they beat Whiteland with the Crick kid, Then they faced Greenwood who had AJ, or EJ, Woods. They were suposive massive underdogs and they prevailed until they lost to there playoff Rival Roncalli in double OT in regional. It was a great playoff run full of giant slug fests that EC thrives in. 

I see if being a close game with EC grinding the clock in the second half with a 7 pt lead and closing it out. 

AJ Edds was at Greenwood, he should have been playing at Columbus East with Stevie Brown (his mom was a counselor at East) but his dad was the Superintendent of Johnson County Schools. His brother Nick was a great athlete at Columbus East. 

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

AJ Edds was at Greenwood, he should have been playing at Columbus East with Stevie Brown (his mom was a counselor at East) but his dad was the Superintendent of Johnson County Schools. His brother Nick was a great athlete at Columbus East. 

Lets just say for ECs sake around that time that EJ, and Stevie never got to play on the same defense. With a LB , DB duo, And they would have made one heck of a backfield, With AJ the fullback, and Stevie the tailback. Thats interesting Info.

Edited by railsplitters

I'm getting kind of worried with the Greenwood fans here, I remember people saying,  the quiet ones are the most dangerous ones.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:36 PM, CGFan2017 said:

Definitely pulling for Greenwood in this one. Would be great to have a team represent the city and county for the 3rd straight year.

Amen....let's go Woodmen!!  Get it done!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Trojan Dad said:

Amen....let's go Woodmen!!  Get it done!!!

Agreed Trojan Dad.  Gotta support our Johnson County Brethren.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This will be the seventh all-time meeting between these two schools.  Believe it or not, East Central leads the series 5-1.  

This is Greenwood's third-ever trip to the semistate (losing to Franklin Central in both 1988 and 1990).  Will the third time be the charm for the Woodmen?  We'll find out Friday night!

On 11/14/2017 at 7:13 PM, southend said:

I'm getting kind of worried with the Greenwood fans here, I remember people saying,  the quiet ones are the most dangerous ones.

I’m staying with the metro Indy , Greenwood team. 

8 minutes ago, southend said:

I’m staying with the metro Indy , Greenwood team. 

Thats the way EC likes it.  They are always doubted by the Indy schools. Since EC is far away and they dont get covered like an Indy school. They traditionally were always picked to lose against the Indy schools and usually prove the Indy people wrong. Since EC is practically a suburb of Cincinnati  but reside in Indiana and they play a lot of Cincy schools they are always doubted by them as well. EC is the dog that no one excepts and thats what their use to and thats what they want. They use this as bulletin board material every year and it shows friday nights.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, railsplitters said:

Thats the way EC likes it.  They are always doubted by the Indy schools. Since EC is far away and they dont get covered like an Indy school. They traditionally were always picked to lose against the Indy schools and usually prove the Indy people wrong. Since EC is practically a suburb of Cincinnati  but reside in Indiana and they play a lot of Cincy schools they are always doubted by them as well. EC is the dog that no one excepts and thats what their use to and thats what they want. They use this as bulletin board material every year and it shows friday nights.

Just wanted to let you know Greenwood is not an Indianapolis School. It is a suburb of Indianapolis. Look forward to this game 2 class act programs squaring off in the Woodmen and Trojans. Wish the game were at the Woodshed so I could attend, but I wish them both well.

4 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Just wanted to let you know Greenwood is not an Indianapolis School. It is a suburb of Indianapolis. Look forward to this game 2 class act programs squaring off in the Woodmen and Trojans. Wish the game were at the Woodshed so I could attend, but I wish them both well.

Im aware of that.  

I have seen EC play twice the 2015 Semi-State game against Roncalli and the state game against FW Dwenger...... I agree with the idea that playing against EC is like getting in a bar fight I watched a ton of Roncalli and Cathedral games growing up in the early to mid 2000s and 2015 was the first time I ever watched the Rebels get absolutely smacked in the mouth and come back with no answer! EC had the QB with the Long Blonde Hair looked like Clay Matthews playing QB running QB power it was impressive. Then a week later in Lucas Oil the got taken to the woodshed by the Saints , I really thought the physicality they had would bother Dwenger looked like the bright lights and the crowd really through not only the EC player but coaches as well being the first trip in sometime. 

If EC can get back to Lucas and get another shot at Dwenger or anyone else I really hope they are able to leave the butterflys at home and bring that physical play for everyone to watch its really a sight to see! 

But the woodmen will be no easy task! This should be one of the many exciting games tonight and tomorrow no doubt whoever punches the ticket to Lucas Oil will have earned it! 

3 hours ago, EasyEJay said:

I have seen EC play twice the 2015 Semi-State game against Roncalli and the state game against FW Dwenger...... I agree with the idea that playing against EC is like getting in a bar fight I watched a ton of Roncalli and Cathedral games growing up in the early to mid 2000s and 2015 was the first time I ever watched the Rebels get absolutely smacked in the mouth and come back with no answer! EC had the QB with the Long Blonde Hair looked like Clay Matthews playing QB running QB power it was impressive. Then a week later in Lucas Oil the got taken to the woodshed by the Saints , I really thought the physicality they had would bother Dwenger looked like the bright lights and the crowd really through not only the EC player but coaches as well being the first trip in sometime. 

If EC can get back to Lucas and get another shot at Dwenger or anyone else I really hope they are able to leave the butterflys at home and bring that physical play for everyone to watch its really a sight to see! 

But the woodmen will be no easy task! This should be one of the many exciting games tonight and tomorrow no doubt whoever punches the ticket to Lucas Oil will have earned it! 

After doing some scouting on youtube on greenwood.  They do seem to have a balanced attack which they will certainly need. They will not run the ball. Their only chance to win is to air it out. IF they can do this successfully then they got a chance to win.  They also seem to have a solid defense but, EC has faced plenty of solid defenses that they sliced up on the ground. 

To your point about the Dwenger vs EC state game. It was extremely close until the 4th quarter. EC was winning at half 3 to 0. The difference maker was in the 4th quarter, Dwengers passing attack finally become effective. 

Which is why I always say no matter how good you are, to win the state title.  You will have to be able to pass well and run well.  Which is why EC still hasn't won the state title since the 6 divisions became a thing which i hate by the way. 

I'm pulling for Greenwood.  Any idea how to watch or listen to the game?

Edit:  Nevermind...found it.

Edited by Grover