• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
The TW

The Dream is Alive!

With two weeks to go, there is still a chance of the perfect post-season coming to fruition.  With a little bit of luck, we will have a record five private school champions and a 6A game featuring two MIC schools.  Here's to dreams coming true!

Isn't the 6A championship, almost always 2 MIC schools playing?  Carmel isn't any good (for them) and they'll still make it back this year.  6A is a completely predictable and boring tournament.  Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central or Center Grove.  That's who will win the championship almost every year.  Yawn.

Its actually been a down year for private/parochial schools.  Some of the traditional powers (LCC, Chatard, Luers, Mater Dei) were down.  Roncalli got stuck being too good and got moved up to 5A to lose to Cathedral, who for some reason is now back in 5A.  Hopefully (to keep the argument going) we see some new P/P blood like Lutheran, Brebeuf and Evansville Memorial making their way to Indy. 

That was the aim of the success factor and move to six classes, no? More, new winners? I'll be pulling for Lutheran, Scecina, Memorial (at least in semi-state), Brebeuf, Dwenger, and Cathedral with a nightcap of Ben Davis and Carmel.  #MakeThanksgivingGreatAgain #MTGA

Edited by The TW

1 hour ago, The TW said:

With two weeks to go, there is still a chance of the perfect post-season coming to fruition.  With a little bit of luck, we will have a record five private school champions and a 6A game featuring two MIC schools.  Here's to dreams coming true!

1. Nobody’s beating Pioneer in 1A. 

2. As much as I like Southridge and want to see them win, Scecina probably beats Southridge and tops Eastbrook at Lucas Oil.

3. 75% chance a parochial wins 3A (thank you Mr. Obvious.) I do think Danville-Memorial will be a good game.

4. I want to root for Lowell here. But Dwenger beat the s#it out of a higher-rated (according to Sagarin)  Angola team.

5. I’ll give you Cathedral in 5A.

So I’lol give you 5 out of 6 toward your “perfect postseason” :17_v:

One other thing - Lutheran better not overlook Eastern Greene.

I only see 1-3 Private schools winning state this year.  But maybe that's just wishful thinking.  Here are my picks fwiw.

Pioneer

Eastbrook

Brebeuf

Lowell

Cathederal

Ben Davis

Edited by NRRaider2001

How is this perfect?  I would think a "perfect" tournament would be all if 6 champions were unbeaten regardless of whether they were public or private.

If it's Michigan City VS. Cathedral in the 5A state finals the Wolves will be losing their parochial school virginity on Black Friday as Michigan City High School has never played against a parochial school.

I checked the record book on the northernindianafootball.com site both Elston and Rogers last played against South Bend St. Joe in 1988 but according to John Harrell's site this will be the first time Michigan City Wolves since the 1995 consolidation.

Nothing nicer in the world than a great big catholic football family.

16 minutes ago, tommy said:

If it's Michigan City VS. Cathedral in the 5A state finals the Wolves will be losing their parochial school virginity on Black Friday as Michigan City High School has never played against a parochial school.

I checked the record book on the northernindianafootball.com site both Elston and Rogers last played against South Bend St. Joe in 1988 but according to John Harrell's site this will be the first time Michigan City Wolves since the 1995 consolidation.

Nothing nicer in the world than a great big catholic football family.

MC will keep their "parochial school virginity" (can we say that?) as Cathedral isn't a parochial school. Catholic? Yes, but Cathedral is privately and independently run.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ts32 said:

1. Nobody’s beating Pioneer in 1A. 

2. As much as I like Southridge and want to see them win, Scecina probably beats Southridge and tops Eastbrook at Lucas Oil.

3. 75% chance a parochial wins 3A (thank you Mr. Obvious.) I do think Danville-Memorial will be a good game.

4. I want to root for Lowell here. But Dwenger beat the s#it out of a higher-rated (according to Sagarin)  Angola team.

5. I’ll give you Cathedral in 5A.

So I’lol give you 5 out of 6 toward your “perfect postseason” :17_v:

One other thing - Lutheran better not overlook Eastern Greene.

Do you honestly think a veteran coaching staff and team will overlook an undefeated opponent at semi state?

The tournament success factor isn't perfect, but it has been a positive influence on Indiana HS tournament football & other sports as well.

Not gonna lie-- I grew up in LaPorte & now live in Franklin Central district but I was wearing Slicer/Olympian orange & high-fiving Columbus East fans at Tech last night. Watching the Irish get eliminated at the 5A/4A tournament level for the first time since 2009 was enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, slice60 said:

The tournament success factor isn't perfect, but it has been a positive influence on Indiana HS tournament football & other sports as well.

Not gonna lie-- I grew up in LaPorte & now live in Franklin Central district but I was wearing Slicer/Olympian orange & high-fiving Columbus East fans at Tech last night. Watching the Irish get eliminated at the 5A/4A tournament level for the first time since 2009 was enjoyable.

Certainly happy for you that a bunch of 15,16,17 year old boys losing a football game brings you such joy, especially in a game where you have no dog in the fight. Congrats.

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Certainly happy for you that a bunch of 15,16,17 year old boys losing a football game brings you such joy, especially in a game where you have no dog in the fight. Congrats.

Geez, you got your panties in a bunch because I said watching that game was "enjoyable"? High school sports is still sports. We can root for whoever we want to. It's not like I ran over to the home side of the field to taunt fans or players. 

Cathedral has 12 state titles, including 5 in a row this decade. As a fan of HS football in general, it's more enjoyable to see some other programs get to the mountaintop & raise the big trophy. It's just human nature to root for the underdog. Back when I was growing up & LaPorte had a lot of baseball success, everyone was happy when LP lost. No big deal.  

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Scecina goes down.. The dream is on life support at this point. 

I don't know if this post is funnier or the upvote.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The TW said:

I don't know if this post is funnier or the upvote.

I’m sure you will figure it out. :) 

When was the last year both Chatard and Cathedral were dominated in being eliminated from the tourney? Maybe never?

Uncharacteristic rough year for the non-publics.  Only 2 (!) in the state finals in 2017.  Has to be a record low number.

And there will only be one winner too.  Again, likely a record in modern times.

They'll just have to get back to it and work harder next year.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Staxawax said:

When was the last year both Chatard and Cathedral were dominated in being eliminated from the tourney? Maybe never?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The TW said:

Well, if you call a 37-21 loss to Memorial domination, then OK.