• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

Here we go!  Semi State week!  Let's get this going!

Eastbrook handled themselves quite easily over Lapel, which was expected.  Woodlan looked good in their Regional game also, even with their #1 running back suspended for the game.  

For the game this week, I like Eastbrook for the win, of course.  But I do have some big concerns.  Our secondary is going to be tested heavily in this game, IMO.  2500 yard passer and the RB hungry from missing last weeks game a 2000 yard rusher.  Is this going to be the biggest test for the D?  I think so.

Good luck to both teams and See you at the game, with my cowbell of course!!!

Giving the Panthers the edge in this one. Wouldn't be surprised though if the Warriors made it interesting. Some games for thought: Lapel won by 1 in 2 OT over AC. AC beat Woodlan by 9. Eastbrook handled Lapel. Doesn't mean much of anything though.

46 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Here we go!  Semi State week!  Let's get this going!

Eastbrook handled themselves quite easily over Lapel, which was expected.  Woodlan looked good in their Regional game also, even with their #1 running back suspended for the game.  

For the game this week, I like Eastbrook for the win, of course.  But I do have some big concerns.  Our secondary is going to be tested heavily in this game, IMO.  2500 yard passer and the RB hungry from missing last weeks game a 2000 yard rusher.  Is this going to be the biggest test for the D?  I think so.

Good luck to both teams and See you at the game, with my cowbell of course!!!

Illegal during the game, no?

37 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Illegal during the game, no?

Rang them at State last year.  No questions or actions towards us for having them.  I know it's in the rule book, but I've never seen it enforced.

Edited by djbowzz

Eastbrook looks to be on fire. Hammering teams. I’m thinking this might be the end of the line for the Woodburn school. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Rang them at State last year.  No questions or actions towards us for having them.  I know it's in the rule book, but I've never seen in enforced.

I believe they specifically target electronic noise makers.  

Eastbrook has rushed for 4800 yards and 81 touchdowns this season....I have no horse in this race, but have to go with the Panthers in this 1.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

Rang them at State last year.  No questions or actions towards us for having them.  I know it's in the rule book, but I've never seen it enforced.

We had a 2012 home playoff game when those vuvuzelas were popular.  They were promoted by our school.....emails sent out and announcements made.  I emailed our principal and ADs that they are not allowed.  They never responded.  Tons of people bought them (MANY kids) from our school.  Our fans were "tooting" them (I guess thats what you call it).  The opposing team spoke to the refs, the refs spoke to the ADs, the ADs spoke to the PA announcer, the PA announcer made another announcement (like they do before every game), and that was the end of it.  Should follow the rules.  Its really that simple.

BTW, we had a no refund policy on the vuvuzelas.

26 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Eastbrook has rushed for 4800 yards and 81 touchdowns this season....I have no horse in this race, but have to go with the Panthers in this 1.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/eastbrook-panthers-(marion,in)/football/stats_by_game.htm

We held them to statistically their worse ypc of the season 51 carries for 5.4 yards per.  

Gave up an 82 yarder on 3rd down in the 4th spiked it to that final 275.   

EB had players make the plays, we did not.  Hence why they are playing semi state .  

We were close, I don't think Woodlan can keep up but never know....   Eastbrook does play very confidently at home from what I saw.   Place will be raucous 

• Upvote 1

I have seen both teams play this year. And I think it will be whoever D can stop the scoring early will win. Woodlan has more speed than anyone the Panthers have seen all year. I do believe that Rensselaer is just as good as woodlan which helps the Panthers. Woodlan also has an easy conference and I went to AC game which they lost. I think Eastbrook with Ole Miss and Rensselaer has had more competition. Woodlan had a hard time stopping the run and breaking news Eastbrook will run at them over and over and over and over. Woodlan better be ready to hit a lot on Friday.   

Should be be a great game! It is suppose to rain which might help Eastbrook and stopping the throwing attack. I believe this game is a touchdown game. If I had to pick I say Eastbrook by 6. 

• Upvote 1

I think Eastbrook takes this one. They will give up some points, but come out on top. 

I have go with Woodlan.  Hated playing against them back in the day, but gotta back another ACAC team.  Hope it's a good game.

Woodlan is a very good team.... no doubt about that. Home field advantage will be the back breaker for them. Eastbrook wins 35-21.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is there any Woodlan fans or ACAC people out there? If there is I would ask the question is woodlan physial enough up front to slow down the run? 

The Eastbrook panthers should come out on top. Woodlan has a very good QB, quality RB and have good size. Eastbrook's D will have to play at a high level and I fully expect them to do so. No one has been able to stop Eastbrook's offence all year and I don't expect that to change at least this week. Rain in the forecast, and excessive use of the dreaded cow bell by Eastbrook locals make for a long night for the Woodlan fans. Hope the game is injury free for both teams and good sportsmanship is shown by both teams and fan bases. Good Luck Eastbrook from and old  Argyll.

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2017 at 3:22 PM, Goalline07 said:

Is there any Woodlan fans or ACAC people out there? If there is I would ask the question is woodlan physial enough up front to slow down the run? 

Woodlan scrimmaged Leo to start the season.  Not sure about how much weight to put on the scrimmage but by the looks of things I'm pretty confident that Woodlan would have given Leo one heck of a game.  I expect that they will do just fine on the Defensive front.  What a lot of people outside of the area dont know is that there are ex-Harding area athletes coming in every year and they can choose any of the EACS high schools.  Woodlan has a bunch of talent from that area along with the best of the local kids.  Woodlan also has the star RB, Rhodes, who grew up in N. Haven but choose Woodlan. It should be a good game.

On 11/14/2017 at 3:22 PM, Goalline07 said:

AC had success with Macklin running against them inside and out. They keyed on Drew Schultz up the middle but Drew did get some good yardage on runs. They were better in the second half against both. AC and South Adams were probably the best competition they had in conference play.

Barajas is quick. He looks quick on film ... but he hides himself/scrapes off of his blockers so well & once he gets a bit of daylight it's 6.

Eastbrook D in general is very sound, good speed, hard hitters.

Should be an interesting contest!

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2017 at 2:29 PM, southend said:

Eastbrook looks to be on fire. Hammering teams. I’m thinking this might be the end of the line for the Woodburn school. 

No change in pick here, Eastbrook

35 minutes ago, southend said:

No change in pick here, Eastbrook

Looking at Harrell's page they are 3-5 vs Allen County schools.  I'd say that it's a toss-up.

Woodlan really struggled stopping Adana Central earlier this year and Eastbrook runsvthe ball better then Adams Central so going to be tough.

Eastbrook 42 - Woodlan 28