• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

yep old timer- that was a 'good un'.   yee haw.  

The stats and data speak for themselves.  Stick Penn in the MIC and they'd be lucky to ever get out of a sectional. 

I'm sure however they prefer beating up all the smaller schools in 5A and 4A that they play every year and then waltzing into the semi-states like they do every year.  They only beat Carmel in 2015 because :  A it was a home game,  B.  The weather was horrible and C. Carmel's starting QB went down.   Bottom line- they got lucky.   

Edited by BDR
  • Downvote 3

44 minutes ago, BDR said:

The stats and data speak for themselves.  Stick Penn in the MIC and they'd be lucky to ever get out of a sectional. 

I'm sure however they prefer beating up all the smaller schools in 5A and 4A that they play every year and then waltzing into the semi-states like they do every year.  They only beat Carmel in 2015 because :  A it was a home game,  B.  The weather was horrible and C. Carmel's starting QB went down.   Bottom line- they got lucky.   

Nah, lucky was Carmel in 2014. Penn was better both years (‘14 & ‘15).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, BDR said:

What a Tool with the typical Indy mentality . That's like saying the only reason Carmel won last year was because A)It was a home game , B)The weather was Horrible . Bottom line , they got lucky . Also the closest 6A school is 50 miles from us, and we usually play them the first game of the year . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Refs will win this one. Who would draw more crowd at the oil can?

Carmel...it's all about the $$$.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, BDR said:

yep old timer- that was a 'good un'.   yee haw

BDR, I didn't mean to  hurt your feelings, maybe it hit to close to home, but thanks for the PM.you don't need to call me names, You are the man. You have to admit, you got a chuckle out of oldtimer, come on, just a little. that was a classic. If it makes you feel any better I'm leaning towards Carmel here, after they found a way to win up in the Summit City last weekend.

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, southend said:

BDR, I didn't mean to  hurt your feelings, maybe it hit to close to home, but thanks for the PM.you don't need to call me names, You are the man. You have to admit, you got a chuckle out of oldtimer, come on, just a little. that was a classic. If it makes you feel any better I'm leaning towards Carmel here, after they found a way to win up in the Summit City last weekend.

If you're talking about this: "southend/New Haven.  Enough said. " , that's not a pm, it's on your profile. 

2 hours ago, BDR said:

The conference a team is in has no correlation to their sectional.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gonzoron said:

If you're talking about this: "southend/New Haven.  Enough said. " , that's not a pm, it's on your profile. 

ok

11 hours ago, BDR said:

They come into those semi-state /state games with predominately healthy players after all the MIC teams have destroyed each other all season.

That's just an excuse as to why an MIC team could possibly lose to anyone outside of their area. Snider played Carmel last Friday without one of their top players, and in my opinion, would beat Carmel by 2 or 3 touchdowns 9 times out of 10 without him.

I guess the only reason Penn has 5 state championships is because the teams they played in the state finals were worn out from all the great competition they were playing.

11 hours ago, BDR said:

It is a joke quite honestly that they are ever realistically ranked as high as they often are.

Probably the most ignorant comment I've ever seen on this forum.

11 hours ago, BDR said:

Through Regionals- Penn is ranked 22nd in Sagarin. 

Snider dropped 7 spots after defeating Homestead 37-0. The Sagarin Ratings lost all credibility after that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, BDR said:

They only beat Carmel in 2015 because  

Carmel only beat Snider in 2017 because..............I could list 50 reasons.

3 hours ago, BDR said:

they got lucky.   

Carmel got lucky last week

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, BDR said:

Bottom line  

The bottom line is that you live in a cloud. Penn is Penn and their history speaks for itself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Love how certain MIC fans send out their garbage about how great it is all the time. Let’s sort it all out for you certain few:

1. There is excellent football played outside of the MIC every week. 

2. You could put a few 6A teams in the MIC and they would compete just fine.

3. Two of the best 6A teams outside of the MIC are Snider and Penn. Period. Any disrespect shown to those programs is a huge show of ignorance.

4. Repeat reading 1-3 to improve your comprehension.

This is not for the majority of people, only the people ignorant enough to think that the sun rises and sets based on the MIC

Edited by komets3001
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

As a MIC fan, I'd say Carmel has it easy going North every year, while the South has sectionals like Warren/BD/LC/LN (you know, because BD is an east-side school now).

you all whine all you like.  History and success are what they are.  I can appreciate most all of you are simply jealous of that success and history.   After all- how many State Championships does Carmel have now?   Read it and weep.    

137 Carmel
61 North Central (Indianapolis)
37 Columbus North (Columbus)
33 Indianapolis Cathedral
29 Bloomington South (Bloomington)
28 Ben Davis
26 Anderson
25 Gary Roosevelt
25 Valparaiso

Warren Central                      

Edited by BDR
  • Downvote 3

15 hours ago, GOLDRUSH85 said:

What a Tool with the typical Indy mentality . 

I'm curious what is the typical Indy mentality? Why is it that one poster (with a grand total of 4 posts) who is very obviously using bait posts and reeling them in is lumped as the mentality of many from Indy?

15 hours ago, GOLDRUSH85 said:

Also the closest 6A school is 50 miles from us, and we usually play them the first game of the year . 

Warsaw is 43 miles away... but that will rarely be a competitive game.  Valpo is 66 miles away.  I'm being nitpicky, nor do I have a dog in this fight, but if you're going to go after people, go after them with factual statements :)  Hoping the Kingsmen pull it out tomorrow!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I'm curious what is the typical Indy mentality? Why is it that one poster (with a grand total of 4 posts) who is very obviously using bait posts and reeling them in is lumped as the mentality of many from Indy?

You make a great point... I believe most respect  Penns  program as we respect what MIC conference does every year... Penn and Carmel were even set to scrimmage each other until the former coach who is at IMG backed out...  Too bad the some parents do not monitor their kids usage of their computers but those that never could play have to use their mouth to act like they know something

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, BDR said:

.  Stick Penn in the MIC and they'd be lucky to ever get out of a sectional. 

Actually, stick Penn in the MIC, and they get better--maybe they don't win conference or state every year, but UNDOUBTEDLY, they would be better off.....Chris Geesman knew that playing Ben Davis would make Penn better--and, after the first BD-Penn regular season meeting, PENN won state

Now, Penn doesn't see a MIC team until late in the tournament...and 14 of the last 16 big school titles(since Penn last won state) were won by MIC members--Fishers and Lawrence Central are the exceptions, and LC has since joined the MIC.

Coincidence that MIC schools playing each other has aligned with the run of state titles?....or just Indy mentality?.......

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Indyyjr said:

Actually, stick Penn in the MIC, and they get better--maybe they don't win conference or state every year, but UNDOUBTEDLY, they would be better off.....Chris Geesman knew that playing Ben Davis would make Penn better--and, after the first BD-Penn regular season meeting, PENN won state

Now, Penn doesn't see a MIC team until late in the tournament...and 14 of the last 16 big school titles(since Penn last won state) were won by MIC members--Fishers and Lawrence Central are the exceptions, and LC has since joined the MIC.

Coincidence that MIC schools playing each other has aligned with the run of state titles?....or just Indy mentality?.......

Respect to the MIC for being so competitive every year.  To try and demean the success those players experiences over these years is not right.  We all know that being a 6A team and winning a 6A title isn't easy any way you slice the pie.  For Penn, Snider and the Region schools they don't see the competition week in and out that you get down in the MIC....does that take away from the fact that Snider is still a decorated program that has competed against some of the best programs in Indiana football history?  Same can be said for Penn.  

Do we all get a little butt hurt at times and run our mouths....clearly.  

Carmel is a great school with mountains of success.  You cannot take away from that. 

But, to go and act like other schools success means nothing is rude and disrespectful to their accomplishments....Tell the Penn girls soccer team who won their second state title in a row, third visit in a row, and was voted national champs that their success means nothing.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Black_Gold2007 said:

Respect to the MIC for being so competitive every year.  To try and demean the success those players experiences over these years is not right.  We all know that being a 6A team and winning a 6A title isn't easy any way you slice the pie.  For Penn, Snider and the Region schools they don't see the competition week in and out that you get down in the MIC....does that take away from the fact that Snider is still a decorated program that has competed against some of the best programs in Indiana football history?  Same can be said for Penn.  

But, to go and act like other schools success means nothing is rude and disrespectful to their accomplishments....Tell the Penn girls soccer team who won their second state title in a row, third visit in a row, and was voted national champs that their success means nothing.  

Stop...my post was not rude, not demeaning, not disrespectful, did not say ANYTHING about Penn not having past success, and NEVER mentioned Snider in ANY fashion(who has not won the big school state title since around 1992)....I gave credit to past Penn success, by tying in Chris Geesman's decision to play Ben Davis in the regular season and how it BENEFITED Penn

And, this is a GRIDIRON DIGEST FOOTBALL forum.....this conversation has nothing to do with girls soccer...

Indy Star Prediction:

Penn (11-1) at Carmel (8-4), 7:30 p.m.: You knew it was going to come down to this matchup, right? This will be the fifth consecutive season Penn and Carmel have met in the semistate. Carmel has won three of four and also knocked off Penn in the 5A championship when the Greyhounds were on the south side of the bracket. Penn’s defense, led by senior safety and Notre Dame recruit Paul Moala, has allowed a grand total of three points in three tournament games and has five shutouts to its credit. Carmel’s defense is also the strength of its team, though the return of senior quarterback Jake McDonald from injury gives the offense a boost. Points will be hard to come by in this game. Carmel 17, Penn 14.

20 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Indy Star Prediction:

Penn (11-1) at Carmel (8-4), 7:30 p.m.: You knew it was going to come down to this matchup, right? This will be the fifth consecutive season Penn and Carmel have met in the semistate. Carmel has won three of four and also knocked off Penn in the 5A championship when the Greyhounds were on the south side of the bracket. Penn’s defense, led by senior safety and Notre Dame recruit Paul Moala, has allowed a grand total of three points in three tournament games and has five shutouts to its credit. Carmel’s defense is also the strength of its team, though the return of senior quarterback Jake McDonald from injury gives the offense a boost. Points will be hard to come by in this game. Carmel 17, Penn 14.

I like the score but I believe it could go either way.

9 minutes ago, WC80stailback said:

I like the score but I believe it could go either way.

I would tend to agree, although I found it interesting that Kyle at the star picked the Indy team to win all of the games this week.  

3 hours ago, Indyyjr said:

Stop...my post was not rude, not demeaning, not disrespectful, did not say ANYTHING about Penn not having past success, and NEVER mentioned Snider in ANY fashion(who has not won the big school state title since around 1992)....I gave credit to past Penn success, by tying in Chris Geesman's decision to play Ben Davis in the regular season and how it BENEFITED Penn

And, this is a GRIDIRON DIGEST FOOTBALL forum.....this conversation has nothing to do with girls soccer...

Wasn't talking about you. Someone did however mention that Carmel has won like 100 and some odd state titles so that person did make it about all other sports not just football.

So, sorry if I upset you, never mentioned or quoted you so I apologize.

Edited by Black_Gold2007

2 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I would tend to agree, although I found it interesting that Kyle at the star picked the Indy team to win all of the games this week.  

Why? Perfectly logical. The few print subscribers they have left don't want to read that the home town team is going to lose!

• Haha 1