• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I agree. It's a shame Snider had to play them without Miquale Lewis, who went out in week nine with an ankle injury.

That QB could fly , Snider's QB this year could to . 

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

How would you compare Carmel to Valpo? Is Carmel the 4th best team in the north?

Valpo in game 1 benefited from bad penalties and Lynch being hurt. Valpo's O not as explosive as Carmel and evenjoy though the score doesn't reflect it I thought Carmel played better on D then Valpo.

I think Carmel beats Valpo head to head.  But Valpo is a good football team. 

Sounds like Penn's babies have matured into young men over the course of the season. Congrats Kingsman! 

14 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH85 said:

That QB could fly , Snider's QB this year could to . 

More speed on that team than any I've seen. This year's qb had a heck of a year. Snider Nation really thought this was the Year of the Panther.

11 minutes ago, Black_Gold2007 said:

Valpo in game 1 benefited from bad penalties and Lynch being hurt. Valpo's O not as explosive as Carmel and evenjoy though the score doesn't reflect it I thought Carmel played better on D then Valpo.

Carmel's defense is solid, for sure.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, BDR said:

They only beat Carmel in 2015 because :  A it was a home game,  B.  The weather was horrible and C. Carmel's starting QB went down.   Bottom line- they got lucky.   

Tonight Carmel was at home. The weather was nice. And their starting QB was healthy. I can't wait to hear tonight's bottom line :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Does Penn not travel like they used to? I think a lot of people are watching these games on the internet. It's killing ticket sales and atmosphere.

I agree.....Same thing seemed to be the case at the Dwenger game. We have said the same thing though throughout the last few seasons. Internet broadcasts are really hurting attendance at high school games. We have asked for a tape delay that may help, but nope.

The Respectful Rivalry is rejuvenated. Let's party like it's 1999! PENN AND BEN DAVIS!

Hats off to Carmel for making it to the Final Four. I know they are bitterly disappointed, but a very resilient run for the Greyhounds.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, psaboy said:

Well then, if the Ben Davis coach said it, then it's good as gold. :04_v:

Guess you haven't seen David Bell, huh...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

The Respectful Rivalry is rejuvenated. Let's party like it's 1999! PENN AND BEN DAVIS!

Wasn't the 99 championship the year BD beat Penn like 24-3 or something. I prefer to party like it is 1996, if that is the case lol. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Indyyjr said:

Guess you haven't seen David Bell, huh...

A 5 foot 9 receiver is one man on a team. I think they need other players to help the cause.

Congrats to Penn!!! The 2 best teams in the North were Snider and Penn, but that’s why they play the games

Where is BDR? Will he/she be able to "man" up and give Penn the congrats they deserve??

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Where is BDR? Will he/she be able to "man" up and give Penn the congrats they deserve??

Nope. I gaurentee he’s avoiding this thread like the plague.

57 minutes ago, psaboy said:

A 5 foot 9 receiver is one man on a team. I think they need other players to help the cause.

Yeah, you'd diminish Reece Taylor too, odds looking good for his being Mr. Football from Ben Davis

14 minutes ago, Indyyjr said:

Yeah, you'd diminish Reece Taylor too, odds looking good for his being Mr. Football from Ben Davis

All I'm saying is one man doesn't make a team. 

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

There were some Snider fans that didn't "man" up and give Carmel the congrats they deserved.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:56 AM, GOLDRUSH85 said:

That's because these youngsters don't know the History . Pound for Pound , Snider consistently  the best football team in Indiana. Always respect what they do with an enrollment of 1800 .

Agree that Snider is a great program (tradition, coaches, etc.) but I've been told that they do get help. At the Carmel-Snider game, one of the guys I was talking with described Snider as a 'magnet school' for football. Is that accurate?

2 hours ago, SpartanFan said:

Agree that Snider is a great program (tradition, coaches, etc.) but I've been told that they do get help. At the Carmel-Snider game, one of the guys I was talking with described Snider as a 'magnet school' for football. Is that accurate?

They are thinking about changing the name of the school to Bishop Snider does that give you an idea. Just kidding Snider fans.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jakone said:

There were some Snider fans that didn't "man" up and give Carmel the congrats they deserved.

Everyone I saw “man” up to Carmel. 

6 hours ago, jakone said:

And, what does that mean to this thread?

12 hours ago, Black_Gold2007 said:

Wasn't the 99 championship the year BD beat Penn like 24-3 or something. I prefer to party like it is 1996, if that is the case lol. 

Yeah, I get that. I wish the IHSAA would post the '96 game so I could watch it. It's the only one since 1990 that BD has been in that I haven't seen in person. I know how the story ends, though.

12 hours ago, psaboy said:

And they have it. Warren will return just about everybody who's anybody on that team next year. Warren has the potential to be pretty dominant next year. 

Edited by BDGiant93

13 hours ago, psaboy said:

I just want to point out that "BDR" only posted in this thread, Period.  It was a troll and they don't represent Carmel.  I sincerely hope that if that person actually does live in Carmel, They grow up quickly.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Yeah, I get that. I wish the IHSAA would post the '96 game so I could watch it. It's the only one since 1990 that BD has been in that I haven't seen in person. I know how the story ends, though.

And they have it. Warren will return just about everybody who's anybody on that team next year. Warren has the potential to be pretty dominant next year. 

I think Penn is in same boat, really hope Snider can be in mix next year, may be tough for Panthers though.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:38 AM, psaboy said:

All I'm saying is one man doesn't make a team. 

True, but having the best dynamic playmaker on the field sure doesn't hurt Ben Davis this year, and won't hurt Warren next year.....and those playmakers are not solo carrying their teams

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Indyyjr said:

True, but having the best dynamic playmaker on the field sure doesn't hurt Ben Davis this year, and won't hurt Warren next year.....and those playmakers are not solo carrying their teams

I would love to agree with PSA. And in most cases what he says is true. But I witnessed Jusevitch from Lowell single handedly dismantle the Saints Friday night. Lowell has a really good “team”, but they have one “GREAT” player who clearly was the difference between winning and losing for the Red Devils. 

• Like 1