• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

Penn was the better team Friday night.  Carmel threw 4 pics and had a 1 yard punt that turned to a touchdown.  those 5 mistakes (more or less) = 35 points in errors.  Final 34-7.    Credit to Penn to being better prepared than Carmel//more disciplined, better balanced etc.   Mistakes hurt the 'hounds like they hurt Snider.  Carmel was a decent team this past year but not the same team that won state the previous year.  Given what Ben Davis did to Avon, and every  other team- including Warren Central, that the game will be in perfect conditions- I don't expect Penn to fare well.  Could be wrong as I was wrong about Carmel beating Penn by 20- although I did say 'IF' they made no mistakes.  Unless  Ben Davis' coach starts subbing in his 2nd string- I predict a BD win.   40+ to 10.   

Edited by BDR
  • Upvote 1

Also- I don't envy (at all) Penn playing Ben Davis.  Ben Davis is ranked 6th I believe in the US.  They have essentially crushed every team.  Penn will provide them a challenge but not sure it is going to be as much of a challenge as Warren Central.  Unless BD makes some big (and a lot) of mistakes- this is a BD state championship.   guess we will all see. 

20 hours ago, bandgeek said:

I just want to point out that "BDR" only posted in this thread, Period.  It was a troll and they don't represent Carmel.  I sincerely hope that if that person actually does live in Carmel, They grow up quickly.

Every fan base has that one fan. Carmel is a good school with a good football program.

2 hours ago, BDR said:

Penn was the better team Friday night.  Carmel threw 4 pics and had a 1 yard punt that turned to a touchdown.  those 5 mistakes (more or less) = 35 points in errors.  Final 34-7.    Credit to Penn to being better prepared than Carmel//more disciplined, better balanced etc.   Mistakes hurt the 'hounds like they hurt Snider.  Carmel was a decent team this past year but not the same team that won state the previous year.  Given what Ben Davis did to Avon, and every  other team- including Warren Central, that the game will be in perfect conditions- I don't expect Penn to fare well.  Could be wrong as I was wrong about Carmel beating Penn by 20- although I did say 'IF' they made no mistakes.  Unless  Ben Davis' coach starts subbing in his 2nd string- I predict a BD win.   40+ to 10.   

Good post.