• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Olympian06

5A State Title Game : Columbus East vs Kokomo

12 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Photo from Friday night. 

EB80E446-B2A6-4642-B84D-E33EBDDAE382.jpeg

How big is 93? He looks like Aaron Judge standing next to Altuve.

1 minute ago, Davs said:

How big is 93? He looks like Aaron Judge standing next to Altuve.

I believe he is 6’6 235lbs he’s a defensive end. 

Edited by Olympian06

8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I believe he is 6’6 235lbs he’s a defensive end. 

I would probably run power away from him.

8 minutes ago, Davs said:

I would probably run power away from him.

Only problem is on the other end is 6’5 230lbs lol. They are almost mirror images of each other. 

14 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Only problem is on the other end is 6’5 230lbs lol. They are almost mirror images of each other. 

Have either of them got any offers? Surely with that kind of size and playing 5A with a State Finals appearance, they will get some looks at least! BEASTS!! 

8 minutes ago, Gaponbacker said:

Have either of them got any offers? Surely with that kind of size and playing 5A with a State Finals appearance, they will get some looks at least! BEASTS!! 

Not sure about Ty Henderson #93 but I believe Tyler Thomas #48 was offered by Cincinatti from what I read on Twitter. 

They are both DE’s

Edited by Olympian06

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

That is a problem to go against. If you are the DC those guys will make your life easy.

Prediction :

Columbus East - 49

Kokomo - 21

This will be by far the best team Kokomo has seen all year along with the most prolific offense they have seen. I see them having a hard time stopping the rushing attack that East brings. 

Edited by Olympian06

10 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Prediction :

Columbus East - 49

Kokomo - 21

This will be by far the best team Kokomo has seen all year along with the most prolific offense they have seen. I see them having a hard time stopping the rushing attack that East brings. 

My prediction 

Columbus East 49

Kokomo 7

Columbus East scores quickly and often with 42 points in the first half. Great season for Kokomo just don't think they are on par with Columbus East. Kokomo's offense will struggle to move the ball leaving their defense on the field far too long. 

Kokomo has had a magical season. They have seemed to turn it on and figure things out the last half of the season. With that said, I root for all Southern team— 

East 58 Kokomo 34

13 hours ago, navy80 said:

Kokomo has had a magical season. They have seemed to turn it on and figure things out the last half of the season. With that said, I root for all Southern team— 

East 58 Kokomo 34

I would be extremely surprised if Kokomo scored more then 24... 

Game Day! 

I expect Kokomo to have probably double the fans of Columbus East. I think that stems from East being here 3 teams in the last 5 years. This being Kokomo’s 1st time here. I saw on twitter that Kokomo had sold 2500 tickets already and that was Wednesday morning. 

Yeah, unfortunately i know quite a few that went in 2013 or 2013 and 2016 who aren't going. Come out everyone!

2013 atmosphere on East side was amazing. It is nice to have some new teams in that regard. 

Columbus East marches down the field.

Columbus East - 7

Kokomo - 0

8:50 left in the 1st 

Kokomo drives the field and scores.

Columbus East - 7

Kokomo - 7

3:38 left in the 1st quarter. 

Kokomo answers dominating the line of scrimmage, 7-7.

Kokomo offense is hard to defend as you don’t see it often. I know Snider had issues with it when they played a couple times.

Really enjoy watching both teams styles. Impressed w 6 from Kokomo. He's got the it factor. Like CE QB and RB. Quite elusive and powerful. Great line play so far by both teams. 

• Upvote 1

Can’t turn the ball over against CE... East receives the kickoff in the 2nd half. This is a huge possession for Kokomo.

Columbus East - 21

Kokomo - 14

21 seconds until halftime

wouldnt want to be in the East lockeroom at halftime... 

15 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Really enjoy watching both teams styles. Impressed w 6 from Kokomo. He's got the it factor. Like CE QB and RB. Quite elusive and powerful. Great line play so far by both teams. 

Yes.  They have 3-4 really impressive playmakers keeping them in the game. 

2 minutes ago, southend said:

Doesn't look one sided to me?

Enjoyable game.  

• Upvote 1