• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
rdpfootball

Lowell vs East Central!

Two great programs meet up this Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium! Lowell vs East Central. Haven't heard much about EC, but they seem to run the ball more than pass. At least they did against Greenwood!   

6 hours ago, rdpfootball said:

Two great programs meet up this Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium! Lowell vs East Central. Haven't heard much about EC, but they seem to run the ball more than pass. At least they did against Greenwood!   

This will be an old fashioned sloberknocker. Both teams are physical should be a great game to watch!

• Like 1

I can’t wait! Who is the early favourite? You know who I am picking, but it is from pure, hometown ignorance, I know nothing at all about EC. Seems like Dwenger beat them at state a few years ago.

• Like 1

It seems EC's strength is running the football seeing as they only threw for 12 yards in the semi. Can they spread the field and throw the ball? If not they have their work cut out for them against this Lowell D. 

• Like 1

Red Devils will win this game. Good luck. Bring the title to the north. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

East Central will be the most physical team you have seen this year. They are known for hard hits , playing to the whistle, discipline smash mouth football. In big games they tend to be the underdog since they're barely in Indiana and no one knows who they are so no one gives them credit and then they end up winning. They are pretty much a suburb of Cincinnati Ohio. Its a shame you dont get to come to TROJAN Field and experience friday nights there. At least in the past it was nothing for them to pack in over 10,000 + on a friday night.  

ECs head coach came from the HUGE nationally ranked powerhouse Colrain ohio, Where it looks like he brought that offense with him. Tradionally EC runs the I formation pro style offense. The new Coach brought Colrains playbook which Im not a huge fan of but its working. Looks like the midsection run and shoot with the 3 backs. With all backs and QB being exceptional good at running the ball. 

Their passing attack is either, A not that good, or B , they haven't needed it. I still haven't figured that out on all the games I've watched this year.  They easily won a semi state game with 4 passing attempts. 

Should be a great game, hard hits, disciplined football , the best that 4A has to offer from the north and South.   

Now some insight of Lowell would be nice. From what I can tell you guys have a division 1 kid? Wheres he headed? Whats he play and whats his name?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Will EC be without a starting DB because of the unfortunate targeting call?

Also, can we get the titles to include the day and time of the game?  Just a little OCD.  :)

30 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

Now some insight of Lowell would be nice. From what I can tell you guys have a division 1 kid? Wheres he headed? Whats he play and whats his name?

#6 Jordan Justevich, Slot back and Safety going to Indiana University.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3994204/jordan-jusevitch

Edited by tommy
  • Like 1

This should be a good one! East Central is a smash mouth football team that loves to run the ball. Lowell coming in Red hot. I would say Lowell is probably the best team in 1A - 4A. With that being said, East Central won’t be intimidated. Expect a lower scoring game.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Canoe Fest Charlie said:

Will EC be without a starting DB because of the unfortunate targeting call?

Also, can we get the titles to include the day and time of the game?  Just a little OCD.  :)

Im nott certain about the Db being able to play. If the IHSAA reviews it then he should be able to play because it was as clean as a play as I've seen. Incredible play that shouldn't of been a penalty at all. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

Im nott certain about the Db being able to play. If the IHSAA reviews it then he should be able to play because it was as clean as a play as I've seen. Incredible play that shouldn't of been a penalty at all. 

Yeah....I thought that was an unfortunate call last night.  Didn't realize he was ejected (to be clear...was he ejected?).

Physical game with lots of hitting so I get how the crew might have called it wrong.  

The officials here could tell us....no doubt it's likely unreviewable.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

The IHSAA will/can't  review calls....on the other hand I have never seen a kid ejected for targeting in high school....was it his second personal foul?

The kid made a great play, that shouldn't of been a penalty at all. It would be a crime if he can't play in the state game.  And I'm almost certain he was ejected. 

13 hours ago, rdpfootball said:

Yes I'm  thinking East central  now to win. They just manhandled Green wood. But I, I have to admit, have underestimated the region teams. Including Penn. So I'm susceptible to persuasion this week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tommy said:

#6 Jordan Justevich, Slot back and Safety going to Indiana University.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3994204/jordan-jusevitch

Great player, actually  reminds me of an EC football  player.  Hard nose good instinctive player, and athletic. 

I see this game being a low scoring affair. Whoever wins the turnover battle will come out on top. These teams are pretty evenly matched.  I believe the Lowell fan base will be surprised on saturday on how well EC plays.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

Great player, actually  reminds me of an EC football  player.  Hard nose good instinctive player, and athletic. 

I see this game being a low scoring affair. Whoever wins the turnover battle will come out on top. These teams are pretty evenly matched.  I believe the Lowell fan base will be surprised on saturday on how well EC plays.

This, I was surprised with EC.

To get some idea about East Central, I'd challenge anyone out there to check Google Earth as regards St. Leon, Indiana.

That picture alone makes me a fan.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lysander said:

To get some idea about East Central, I'd challenge anyone out there to check Google Earth as regards St. Leon, Indiana.

Hey man, they now have a Skyline which automatically puts them above 99% of the other high school towns in Indiana!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, railsplitters said:

The didn't turn it over against Dwenger. 

Just now, mebuck said:

The didn't turn it over against Dwenger. 

Doesn’t mean they won’t turn it over in this game. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Holy cow! Did not know how small St. Leon was!

1 hour ago, southend said:

Yes I'm  thinking East central  now to win. They just manhandled Green wood. But I, I have to admit, have underestimated the region teams. Including Penn. So I'm susceptible to persuasion this week. 

Manhandled Greenwood. They had the same winning margin as Lowell did. Besides the extra point they missed.